Ed Oliver injury

YoloinOhio

10 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Feeling compelled to call attention to a player who many are overlooking (often for good reasons): DaQuan Jones #92. He could actually be everything we were told Star was supposed to be. #92 flashed a bunch for me. 

I mentioned Jones yesterday too. He was almost imoveable as the anchor. The Rams started to double him to get any push and that allowed all the other DL to have one on ones and deliver big plays. Jones and Phillips are almost opposite types of DT and that makes them complimentary. Ed Oliver is a smaller blend of both. Settle also looked solid in the second half.

Lots of tools for Frazier and McDermott on the DL.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I know. But that is a classic case of box score scouting. Moss has better hands and a better feel for spots in the defense. 

Agree.  When I rewatched the game Moss had a lot of check downs thrown to him that gave him no chance of advancing the ball.

If they went to Devin, the same results would have happened.

I do believe Devin has a better vision running than Zack does.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Agree.  When I rewatched the game Moss had a lot of check downs thrown to him that gave him no chance of advancing the ball.

If they went to Devin, the same results would have happened.

I do believe Devin has a better vision running than Zack does.  

I’m sorry but every time Miss gets the ball in his hands just seems as a waste of a down , 

Once in a while h’ell get a nice 12 yard run and then 10 straight time 2 or 3 yards 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He clearly couldn't move properly when he came back tho. 2 snaps and he took himself back out. 

AJE is clearly their 3. He played 36 snaps to Boogie'a 26 and 6 of those 26 for Boogie came at 3T late on in Ed's spot (including the play where he had the INT). Has been pretty consisten through camp and pre-season that after Von and Greg it is AJ next in.

I’m not disagreeing with AJ being the 3rd end, just saying it’s underwhelming.  

I do disagree that Oliver should sit next game if he is cleared to play.  If he is good to go we need him, esp with Henry. 

22 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don’t think he could have gone back into the game on a high ankle sprain.  Seems like it was a general sprain which is a relief.

AJE had 1.5 sacks and 3 QB hits last night.  He was very good last night.

I’ll have to look for that on the replay.  It seemed like the whole DL was eating.  Did we also get a new DL coach??!

5 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I do disagree that Oliver should sit next game if he is cleared to play.  If he is good to go we need him, esp with Henry. 

I’ll have to look for that on the replay.  It seemed like the whole DL was eating.  Did we also get a new DL coach??!

Yes and no. We got a new d-line coach last year, and I think his coaching is now bearing fruit, especially with the younger guys.

There’s also the Von Miller factor, plus adding more and better beef to the line.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buddo said:

Yes and no. We got a new d-line coach last year, and I think his coaching is now bearing fruit, especially with the younger guys.

There’s also the Von Miller factor, plus adding more and better beef to the line.

Von Miller with his "pass rush summit"  is teaching techniques he knows and uses with players from the Bills like Groot and Epeneza.  So imo  the "Von effect" being he raises the level of play around him by his excellence himself on the field . But also as a true coach himself. He's special. A very special athlete And a person. I'd buy his jersey just to rep how much I respect him. After that video he made recently who wouldnt love this guy as a Bills fan.

• Like (+1) 4

On 9/10/2022 at 10:02 PM, RyanC883 said:

during the game?

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Emili would need to be elevated and the Bills don’t have an available roster spot, correct?  It may be longer-term insurance if another DT injury occurs.  The Bills are deep at WR and may wish to have more DL insurance as you say. However, I doubt it is a TN game specific move.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Emili would need to be elevated and the Bills don’t have an available roster spot, correct?  It may be longer-term insurance if another DT injury occurs.  The Bills are deep at WR and may wish to have more DL insurance as you say. However, I doubt it is a TN game specific move.

Can be elevated just for the game and then go back to PS without clearing waivers.  Same as past two years.  Though I think they do this with bryant first.

"Two players can be elevated from the practice squad each week to be eligible to play, as was the case the last two seasons. A player could be elevated to the active roster twice to the active roster under a standard elevation twice and revert immediately back to the practice squad without having to clear waivers."

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-makes-minor-changes-practice-185906799.html

I'd bet good money Ed ain't playing Monday.  Extra time off but also only 6 days till the Miami game.  

He clearly isn't 100% and if he isn't on Monday I think it wise to rest him.  Ankle sprains can linger and be a pain.  

Most importantly, we should absolutely annihilate this team without him.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.