Ed Oliver injury

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, Billznut said:

Thankfully he has 11 days to get ready for the next one. If he needs to sit we will be fine. 

For me, I like what Sal stated about how the Bills approach injuries.  He has referenced many times it’s better to air on the side of caution and make sure he’s completely healthy.  If he is not 100%, let him sit for TN.  It’s a long season.  We’ll need him for the Ravens, Chiefs and Packers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

10 hours ago, Simon said:

Somebody with a DVR watch that 4th down conversion the Rams had early; I think that was the play he got hurt on.

He made a really intelligent and really athletic play looping around the front of the WR so he didn't knock him forward and then planting and turning to get squared up and help with the tackle. The Guard only beat him there by a split second and it would have been a stop if he hadn't.

How many times do you see a guy from behind knocking a ballcarrier past the sticks, but Oliver knew exactly where he was and nearly made an obscenely good play to get the ball back

Milano on that play.. wow

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

For me, I like what Sal stated about how the Bills approach injuries.  He has referenced many times it’s better to air on the side of caution and make sure he’s completely healthy.  If he is not 100%, let him sit for TN.  It’s a long season.  We’ll need him for the Ravens, Chiefs and Packers.

I try not to make a meaningless points of correcting grammar but since you misused the same expression a few days ago, so just fyi  it is not "air on the side of caution"  it is "err on the side of caution.".  And I agree with your point, besides we have the luxury of rotating D Lineman  so it should not be catastrophic to let him heal 100%.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

We do have what amounts to a "mini-bye"  Playing last night 9/8 and then a week from next Monday 9/19, that's 11 days.

Yeah, definitely good for the next opponent. I just wish they played at 1 on Sunday instead. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.