Tonight won’t get it done

quinnearlysghost88

On 9/8/2022 at 8:38 PM, quinnearlysghost88 said:

The softest Super Bowl champs imaginable. 

I agree. Add on they are not nearly as good as last year. They lost OBJ, Von, LT Whitworth, and another starting Olineman. Jefferson their number 3 WR was hurt. Halfway through the season I won't be surprised if the Rams are a 500 team or below. 

On 9/8/2022 at 11:35 PM, quinnearlysghost88 said:

We exposed Josh a lot. We turned the ball over too much. A good team will turn that against us fast. Great win, but it’s not sustainable. We don’t win that game if it’s vs the Titans. 

Maybe create a new account?....this won't age well!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

OP is 💯 correct that it won’t get it done -in weeks 12-17 and beyond.   It’s week 1 and all teams are working out kinks so it’s still an even field.  If you look at the turnovers it’s not systematic issues it’s individual mistakes or good plays by the opposing team. Mistakes will hopefully not be repeated.  

we still beat the champs by three scores.  That’s not luck , it’s coaching dedication and teamwork at all levels. 

there is a lot to be excited about with this team so enjoy the ride!

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

The Rams are not nearly as good as last year. They lost OBJ, Von, LT Whitworth, and another starting Olineman. Jefferson their number 3 WR was hurt. Halfway through the season I won't be surprised if the Rams are a 500 team or below. 

Yeah well of course now that the Bills destroyed their confidence and traumatized them for months. Same with Tennessee. The Bills will crush the Titans and relegate them to licking their wounds for the rest of the season.

• 2 weeks later...

We exposed Josh a lot. We turned the ball over too much. A good team will turn that against us fast. Great win, but it’s not sustainable. We don’t win that game if it’s vs the Titans. 

You happy now?!?!?

1 Josh run 

0 Turnovers

41 points

This team is stacked!!

Go Bills!!!!!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I understand where you are coming from, but I don't totally agree.  Obviously the Titans didn't look that good tonight. The question is, are the Titans that bad? or did the Bills make them look that bad?

I'm still at where I have been with the Bills and Josh Allen.....If the Bills play their best game and the opposing team plays their best game, the Bills are winning, vs anyone.   The obstacle they face is they may not consistently play 'their best game' as often as the Chiefs, or possibly some other teams.  its early in the season though, teams change as the season goes on.  Injuries happen. Teams 'iron out' some issues.   But the Bills are in as good of a position right now as just about anyone else.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I understand where you are coming from, but I don't totally agree.  Obviously the Titans didn't look that good tonight. The question is, are the Titans that bad? or did the Bills make them look that bad?

I'm still at where I have been with the Bills and Josh Allen.....If the Bills play their best game and the opposing team plays their best game, the Bills are winning, vs anyone.   The obstacle they face is they may not consistently play 'their best game' as often as the Chiefs, or possibly some other teams.  its early in the season though, teams change as the season goes on.  Injuries happen. Teams 'iron out' some issues.   But the Bills are in as good of a position right now as just about anyone else.

They will be more consistent than the chiefs with the beefed up dline.  We hung our dbs out to try a bit last year and had to rely on josh to score loads of points which is not always reliable. 

titans may not be a great team but they should not be a great matchup for us because their front 7 can completely take away our running game and make us one dimensional.  we protected the football and absolutely smoked them though.

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

Too many punts...

Seriously though they did a much better job trying to protect Josh and not have him take too many hits.

It’s kind of give and take…it ended up being the right call because we ended up absolutely stomping them but you’ve gotta think Allen converts some of those 3rd and shorts with his legs 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

The obstacle they face is they may not consistently play 'their best game' as often as the Chiefs, or possibly some other teams.  

Josh Allen has played ELITE level football in 4 consecutive games now. And I am talking ELITE. Not sure any QB has ever put together 4 consecutive games like Josh has. Mahomes, Brady, Peyton, Marino, Montana you name them. It's like a light bulb went off and he's now unstoppable.  

Defense is looking great in 3 out of those 4 games.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Josh Allen has played ELITE level football in 4 consecutive games now. And I am talking ELITE. Not sure any QB has ever put together 4 consecutive games like Josh has. Mahomes, Brady, Peyton, Marino, Montana you name them. It's like a light bulb went off and he's now unstoppable.  

We arnt unstoppable but we are playing good ball. They need to stay level headed. 

1 minute ago, BillsFan692 said:

We arnt unstoppable but we are playing good ball. They need to stay level headed. 

They are. But at the same time i truly feel like something has clicked recently with Allen. He's taken his already great play up another notch or two. Really reading the defenses and taking the easy completions without hesitation. It's taken him and the Bills to another level. 

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m just ready for an “A” game. The Bills have played a couple of “B(ish)” games. If it ever all clicks they are going to MURDER some teams. They are just so talented.

It seems inevitable that Allen will go 30/30 in a game eventually. Don't know when, but he will. And then ESPN can do a 30 for 30 on how a QB that completed 55% of his passes in college went 30/30 in an NFL game.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

It's like when Neo finally realized he was really "The One".

https://youtu.be/x6QoAMVzC9s

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

It seems inevitable that Allen will go 30/30 in a game eventually. Don't know when, but he will. And then ESPN can do a 30 for 30 on how a QB that completed 55% of his passes in college went 30/30 in an NFL game.

I think that if the defense ever has an off game, we could see a 'Josh Allen throws for 500yds' game. He would have last night if they had to leave him in. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.