Tonight won’t get it done

quinnearlysghost88

OK, I will play along.

Yes, it is true that the winning percentage of teams that turn the ball over 4 times is not very high. That said, I think it is the fact they were a bit sloppy -- and STILL managed to blow out the Rams in their own crib that has me so excited.

As happy as I am about the level domination in the game -- I am even more impressed with the way they handled adversity. Let's be honest, the 1st half did not end well with the 3 turnovers and blowing a 10-point lead. In fact, beginning with the out-of-bounds kickoff, the 4th down conversion with the linemen shoving Kupp across the 1st down marker, the insane TD reception in the back of the endzone -- and ending the half with a 57 yard FG, it seemed like the Rams had acquired all of the momentum. Plus, they got the ball first in the 2nd half. McVey and his staff are good coaches, and I was worried that they would make 2nd half adjustments and that the Bills would regret all of those misfires in the 1st half that kept them from putting the game away when they had a chance. Remember, this is a team that failed to win a single close game last season.

But the Bills dug deep -- and stepped up. They put what happened in the 2nq quarter behind them. They started the 2nd half on defense, forced a 3-and-out -- and then went on to score TDs on each of their next 3 possessions.

That is how ELITE teams operate.

Edited by 2003Contenders
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

We exposed Josh a lot. We turned the ball over too much. A good team will turn that against us fast. Great win, but it’s not sustainable. We don’t win that game if it’s vs the Titans. 

What is stunning is we played that sloppily and still blew the Rams out at their home opener.  Imagine if we were not sloppy.

5 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

The Bills will work on the turnovers this week.  I don't understand why Allen was running the ball in the 4th up by 21.  Nobody wants to see him get hurt but need to realize this is what makes Allen special and why the Bills haven't punted in 4 out of the last 6 games.

The punting stat is just ridiculous—we are heading into rarified air…

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/least-amount-of-punts-in-a-nfl-game

5 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

The punting stat is just ridiculous—we are heading into rarified air…

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/least-amount-of-punts-in-a-nfl-game

This is why I’m against having so many ST only players.  We rarely punt and we have a kicker that can kick it out of the endzone every play.  We rarely have to play KO or PR coverage.  

Anything less than perfect, the haters will point their finger to. Then God forbid we actually lose. It's something they can point to all year. 

There are some fans here that get very uncomfortable when the Bills are dominant. They seem to have ulterior motives. 

The starters really only had one Quarter of play in the pre season,   and it's to be expected that this first game is not going to be perfect and sloppy play is almost a given.

Wait until you see some disastrous story lines after tomorrows games.  We won, and that is all that counts on the road and against last years 

SB champs.  

Buffalo  !!!!

ftw win GIF by KingfisherWorld

On 9/8/2022 at 10:35 PM, quinnearlysghost88 said:

We exposed Josh a lot. We turned the ball over too much. A good team will turn that against us fast. Great win, but it’s not sustainable. We don’t win that game if it’s vs the Titans. 

Yes if they turn the ball over 4 times a game every game yes at some point they will lose a game. 

Except that won't happen.

And even when they play a clean game they may lose. 

The pass rush looked excellent. The o-line looked good enough. Josh looks like the best QB in the NFL. 

Nothing changed after yesterday's game. Still predicting Bills Chargers in AFC Championship game in Buffalo.

6 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

The starters really only had one Quarter of play in the pre season,   and it's to be expected that this first game is not going to be perfect and sloppy play is almost a given.

Wait until you see some disastrous story lines after tomorrows games.  We won, and that is all that counts on the road and against last years 

SB champs.  

Buffalo  !!!!

ftw win GIF by KingfisherWorld

Preseason play had nothing to do with anything. Two fumbles has nothing to do with preseason. McKenzie not cleanly catching a perfect pass has nothing to do with preseason. 

• Disagree 1

34 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

It’s okay to see both sides of the situation. I love the Bills as much as all of you do. But we will Cam newton our QB1 if we keep that up. 

What the heck does this even mean.

You understand the injury that killed Cam's career was a shoulder injury that occurred in the pocket.  The first rotator cuff injury in 2016 started his downfall because he lost power.  The second shoulder injury in 2018 left him with nearly no ability and strength to throw.

The injuries that destroyed his career were not from him running outside the pocket - it was passing plays where he got buried by defensive players.

If you do not want to Cam Newton our QB then you need to protect him in the pocket.  Cam had a few relatively minor ankle injuries that never seemed to have a big impact on his career as he was fine both before and after in terms of throwing. 

It is a myth that running hurt Cam’s career - the multiple shoulder injuries from in the pocket passing are what lessened Cam’s career.  Protect Josh in the pocket and he will be ok.

• Agree 1

On 9/9/2022 at 12:02 AM, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Jk everything is fine and we will go 17-0.  Nothing we did today was wrong. 

So you are essentially saying all of the bad parts of the game that happened the other night will continue to happen, but all of the good won’t. You have almost convinced yourself of doom and gloom because if god forbid something bad happens, then you can either say I told you so or you think you’ll handle it better. Not really a great way to root for the Bills 

I mean, I dont like the 4 turnovers either but we dominated the piss out of them.  I also doubt we are going to turn the ball over like that again.  Moss, I don't think ever fumbles.  Cook is a rookie and never fumbled in college. McKenzie int was kinda flukish and I dont think that will happen all that often between all our offensive guys.  The other Josh pick is just one that happens.  Slightly bad throw by Josh.  Slighty bad play by Crowder.  I chalk that up to not having good chemistry with each other yet.  The type of guy McDermott is, he will be harping about those turnovers all week.  How many doghouses we see happen because of them?  McKenzie was inactive like 3 games or something because he fumbled a kickoff.

Clean up the turnovers yes.  Getting all pissy on the negatives after the dominating win we just had is kinda cringe.  The Rams arent the same team as the SuperBowl winners but make no mistake... they are still a damn good football team.  That was the first time McVay has lost an opener I believe.  Those type of stats are meant to be broken but it also says something about his coaching and his football team.

Edited by Scott7975

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.