Jalen Ramseys initial PFF grade for the game

Steel City Mafia

7 hours ago, Dr Krentist said:

He compliments Bills Mafia at 12:45. The "chapters" are also marked. Seems to have matured a bit.

Great find, Krentist!

His Dad looks as though he'd like to be somewhere, anywhere, else especially at the start

At the start, they were flirting with "call this the Bills Superbowl without calling this the Bills Superbowl"

8, 9 minutes in very interesting, Ramsey breaks down his responsibilities in zone a little bit and explains what he was looking at when Diggs blew past him - he had expectations based on the Bills tendencies where the routes would "scissors" and the Safety would have picked up Diggs and he would have had Knox.  Sounds like Dorsey did a good job of taking advantage of past tendencies (or maybe that was Allen "just run" LOL).  He misremembered a bit- said "Allen stepped up in the pocket and still slung it 50 yards" (I think his point was, Allen was moving when he threw, not properly set yet, he wasn't expecting to see a 50 yd bomb from a guy running 13 mph) Seeing the ball in the air: "*****, that MF got me"

"Bills Mafia get Crunk"  I hadn't thought about it, but "crazy and drunk" - Shoe Fits

13:16 talking about Allen's growth.  That QB from small schools are "projects", drafted on potential.  "They hit on that one" "He's a top 5 QB in the league"  Said he was impressed by Allen's patience, especially with a big armed QB who wants to showcase what he got, that most teams aren't patient.  They expected to go up 17-10 after the half and force the Bills out of their patient play.****

at 18:01 talking about the Diggs TD on a "block and go" on 3rd and 1 "with a running QB".  You expect that they're gonna run, and if they boot, Josh Allen is gonna run and pick up the first down. 

Some stuff I didn't understand starting at At 18:16(@Buffalo716?).  Gabe Davis blocked, when they "crack block" we taught as corners to "crack replace".  What does "crack replace" mean?  I got the part about "then if they wheel up (run a wheel route) we in a bad spot", Yep!

A little bit delusional talk - "you take away their TDs off 3 explosives, and we're 10 10 still" - "other than THAT, Mrs Lincoln, how was the Play?"

The mindset about giving up explosive plays was interesting.  It sounds as though they were coached to hold on 3rd down, but that's when Dorsey took advantage of the confliction caused by needing to defend against the run, and went for the kill shot.  [The deep post to Gabe Davis was cover 0, wasn't it?  That's a coverage that basically dares a QB to throw deep to the center of the field]

Talked about how their offense looked a little bit like San Fran, they've had some success on us, they probably took some thngs from them "the difference is their QB is a monster"

I stopped watching when they started talking about "how does it feel to be a Superbowl Champion?" about 20 in

*** I know he's right about this but I don't understand it.  I feel like if your D just got scored on, that would be the time to stay patient, perambulate the football down the field, give the D a little time to study and re-group and keep the ball away from their offense.  It's only 7 points at the start of the first half, you can take 10 minutes to score if you like.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, NewEra said:

You only have interest in being a creep about bills fans talking smack about an opposing player that showed up to a training camp in an armored truck equipped with a hype man with a megaphone talking about how great he is.  That same player talked some serious trash about the soon to be best player in franchise history. 

You should get a new hobby.  This one sucks

Someone's feelings are bruised.  Sowwy.

18 hours ago, The Red King said:

So, like Ramsey, you cannot admit when you made a mistake.  Also noted.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2022/09/jalen-ramsey-finally-admits-to-being-wrong-about-bills-qb-josh-alleSorry.

I'm sure this isn't good enough for you.  

21 minutes ago, klos63 said:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2022/09/jalen-ramsey-finally-admits-to-being-wrong-about-bills-qb-josh-alleSorry.

Yeah…. 🙄 

Talbot agrees with the crybabies here-  it’s all in the title “jalen Ramsey FINALLY admits to being wrong about bills qb Josh allen”

Jalen has finally become an adult. 

7 hours ago, klos63 said:

Again, I don't need anything.  You're not paying attention.  I haven't said anything about his quote directly.  The only thing I've said about any of this is that if he'd admit/apologized/etc... that he might be getting less grief over the quote.  So any talk about it being good enough for me is irrelevant.  Will it be good enough for the people continuing to bag on him for that quote?  Who knows.

Let me put it another way.  A guy gets mugged on the way home from work.  This is now the third time it's happened.  Someone else suggests "Well, maybe if that guy took a different path home and didn't walk through a bad part of town, maybe he wouldn't be mugged as often."  Is the guy that said that also guilty of mugging?  Of course not.  All he did was suggest an alternative that could help the guy that got mugged.  That's...me.  I haven't given Ramsey any grief this thread, at all.  A fact you continue to ignore.

Hope this helps, I don't know how else I can spell this out to you.  Stop getting snippy with me over something I did not do.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Some stuff I didn't understand starting at At 18:16(@Buffalo716?).  Gabe Davis blocked, when they "crack block" we taught as corners to "crack replace".  What does "crack replace" mean?

If a DB gets "cracked" (blocked down to the inside by a WR) another DB is supposed to get over him to the outside and "replace" him so there's still a DB with outside contain.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.