Ken Dorsey with a tremendous debut

Big Blitz

No punts and the 4 TOs weren't deep in Bills zone.  And they had 3.

That definitely negates the rule that TOs can hurt you. 

I don't think any of the Rams 10 points came off the turnovers.  7 game off the Bass penalty!

★EDIT: 3 came off the second JA pick. 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Dorsey called such a good game that as I was driving to work this morning, I literally had the thought "I wonder how many seasons the Bills will get to keep him before someone hires him to be their head coach."

I know, I know....getting way ahead of myself. But that was a really impressive debut from Dorsey.

Excited to see what he has in store in week two.

Edited by Logic

On 9/8/2022 at 11:33 PM, Big Blitz said:

A +

That was fantastic - and great adjustments in the middle of the 3rd quarter.  You stuck with the run - some angry runs from Motor (he's the bell cow).

4 turnovers and still 31 points.

Donald was invisible outside of 1 sack.  

Phenomenal job.  Against a great defense 

Keep it rolling!

Agree with everything but Singletary being the bell cow.  It's not in his skill set.  He was out touched by Moss 12-10.

On 9/9/2022 at 3:30 AM, HappyDays said:

Dorsey almost completely took the greatest defensive player of the millennium out of the game. That's about as good a start as you could ask for.

And I love that he stuck with the run game even when it wasn't necessarily working. The threat of the run kept the Rams on their heels all night. That's something Daboll never understood.

Really Scott? In a game where we didn't punt a single time you're going to criticize the flow of the offense? Haven't you been saying all offseason that the Bills rely too much on Allen to be Superman and win games for them? Threatening defenses with the run is how you counter that.

It’s Scottlaw after all, it doesn’t matter what the Bills do on or off the field, he’s gonna find fault with it…, yes even if he contradicts himself, 

On 9/9/2022 at 3:30 AM, HappyDays said:

Dorsey almost completely took the greatest defensive player of the millennium out of the game. That's about as good a start as you could ask for.

I really want to say a lot of that had to do with Kromer. Coming from the Rams, he has intimate knowledge of what Aaron Donald does to wreck plays. It seemed on a lot of snaps, Donald didn't quite realize what was going on, or bit on a false key that made him take himself out of the play (like the Davis TD, Donald following the pulling lineman to the offensive left).

The way to prevent Donald from wrecking your play, is by making it so he doesn't know what to do to wreck your play, because if he knows, he's doing it. The one attribute Donald doesn't really have, is height. He's a squatty body, a ball of butcher knives, but the Bills have been stacking skyscrapers on the offensive line. I think Kromer used that in combination with some unconventional scheming to make Donald pause just a beat to try to decipher what was happening. Some plays went right past Donald without him even realizing - that second run play Orlovsky dissected above, Brown I think just engages Donald and doesn't really even especially block him hard, he just doesn't let him see what's happening while Gilliam and Singletary rumble right by him, almost within arms reach. I saw that on the replay and was like, what the hell happened there, how does Donald let that go right by him?

Edit: Keying in on Donald it looks like he's playing 5T and Brown blocks him from an inside leverage which denies his vision as the motion TE Sweeney, then Gilliam, then the RB all just scoot right past and it's like Aaron has no idea the play is happening on his gap, he's completely eliminated on a 1-on-1 block from Brown. Now I like Brown, don't get me wrong, but I've got to credit the blocking scheme there for some of that.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Like (+1) 2

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/josh-allen-stefon-diggs-happy-130425118.html

Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs happy with Ken Dorsey after Game 1

David De Cristofaro

Sun, September 11, 2022, 9:04 AM

I was actually happy at halftime,” Allen said to the media following the win. “Three turnovers and going in 10-10 — zero to zero — that gave us all the confidence in the world, our defense being able to back us up. We hurt ourselves a lot in that first half. There’s a lot to learn from. But that second half, that’s who we want to be, going out there and executing the way we expect to execute.”

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/10/2022 at 12:45 AM, Simon said:

Get that ridiculous nonsense out of here

That was the first and only time Moss has fumbled in the 200+ carries he's had for this team.

That's 1 fumble for every 214 carries

In the 500 carries that Singletary has had, he's fumbled 7 times.

That's 1 fumble for every 71 carries.

That means Singletary has fumbled about three times more often than Moss.

Who has the fumbling problem? :lol: 🤡 :lol:

This is not true. Moss fumbled coming out of the end zone on the one yard line against the 49ers in 2020 which led directly to a 49ers touchdown and a seven-point lead. The fumble was charged to Allen but it was clearly Moss who was looking at the defense instead of securing the ball.

He also fumbled twice on pass plays in 2021, losing one of them.

1 hour ago, Dr. K said:

This is not true. Moss fumbled coming out of the end zone on the one yard line against the 49ers in 2020 which led directly to a 49ers touchdown and a seven-point lead. The fumble was charged to Allen but it was clearly Moss who was looking at the defense instead of securing the ball.

He also fumbled twice on pass plays in 2021, losing one of them.

Actually, it's Moss' job to be looking at the defense and the QB's job it be looking in the basket when he sticks it in there. It's part of the reason that most fumbled exchanges go to teh QB.

And Motor has fumbled 3 times on pass plays vs Moss' 2, so it doesn't change the point that Motor fumbles 2-3 time more than Moss per touch.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.