Ken Dorsey with a tremendous debut

Big Blitz

A +

That was fantastic - and great adjustments in the middle of the 3rd quarter.  You stuck with the run - some angry runs from Motor (he's the bell cow).

4 turnovers and still 31 points.

Donald was invisible outside of 1 sack.  

Phenomenal job.  Against a great defense 

Keep it rolling!

• Like (+1) 18
  • Agree 15
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

Just now, Bangarang said:

The few questions I had about how he’d call an actual game were initially answered.

My only complaint is the amount of runs Josh had. I winced a few times at some of the hits he took. 

Yeah my only complaint. Give the ball to singletary. No reason to run Allen when you’re up especially when singletary looked so hungry

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5

Just now, Billznut said:

I honestly think the Josh runs are going to be saved for big games and big moments as needed. Tonight was a BIG game for the Bills. I think that’s why we saw so much Josh running. I don’t think the plan is to do this week in and week out. 

I hope you're right.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Billznut said:

I honestly think the Josh runs are going to be saved for big games and big moments as needed. Tonight was a BIG game for the Bills. I think that’s why we saw so much Josh running. I don’t think the plan is to do this week in and week out. 

Hope so

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

If the Bills make it to the AFC championship expect Dorsey to be one and done as the OC here.  

Hope not

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Billznut said:

He was the third dimension of the offense

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

My only complaint is the amount of runs Josh had. I winced a few times at some of the hits he took. 

The question is - how much of that is Allen improvising versus Dorsey calling a designed QB keeper?

I get the sense that some of those runs are option plays where Allen can hand the ball off or keep it... or broken pass plays where the coverage is good and he just decides to keep the ball rather than throwing it away.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I might be in the minority but I’m not happy with how they used the RBs. Singletary is by far the best RB on the roster. I don’t mind a substitute here and there but he should be the clear RB1.

Really liked the play calling but I agree with this. Motor was by far and away the best back. Sorry Moss & Cook, gotta earn those touches. Less mad about Cook even in spite of the fumble because I like McD giving him the chance. I think Moss should have less touches, he just doesn’t do it for me. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I might be in the minority but I’m not happy with how they used the RBs. Singletary is by far the best RB on the roster. I don’t mind a substitute here and there but he should be the clear RB1.

I think it was just one game. This game was important and special. And the Bills desperately wanted this one. They played it like a playoff game. I think you will see the Bills settle into a more predictable type offense and RB order as we now enter the season. The Bills learned a lot tonight I think. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

A +

That was fantastic - and great adjustments in the middle of the 3rd quarter.  You stuck with the run - some angry runs from Motor (he's the bell cow).

4 turnovers and still 31 points.

Donald was invisible outside of 1 sack.  

Phenomenal job.  Against a great defense 

Keep it rolling!

I thought the Bills needed to pass more rather than  run more to win based on all the pass happy posts .  But for this game the Bills had 25 rushes total vs 31 pass attempts.   Good balance there .

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, billsfanmiamioh said:

Really liked the play calling but I agree with this. Motor was by far and away the best back. Sorry Moss & Cook, gotta earn those touches. Less mad about Cook even in spite of the fumble because I like McD giving him the chance. I think Moss should have less touches, he just doesn’t do it for me. 

I deleted because I didn’t want to talk negatively but It’s going to frustrate me. Singletary is such a good RB. He’s underrated.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.