NFL Week #1 - Bills at the Rams - Post Game thread- The NFL season Begins!!!!!!

BuffaloBill

31 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

The shot is not wide enough but it looks like Josh had open green to his right but he cut left.  May still be running had he cut it some to the right. (Nit picky crap for sure but he looked to have a huge hole)

Nit picking for sure. It looks like Josh determined the LDE was effectively blocked by the pulling OT so he thought it was wide open to the left as well. Sh** happens quick in this game.

13 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Next to Von Miller, Phillips was the best offseason acquisition with Safford a close third. On passing situations, Von and Jordan must be on the field together. Phillips brings that pressure from the interior that the Bills have been missing since Ted Washington

Phillips was great yesterday and you are probably right but I wouldn't underestimate what DaQuan Jones brings. He seemed great vs run and did his job in pass rush too.

• Like (+1) 6

59 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

The shot is not wide enough but it looks like Josh had open green to his right but he cut left.  May still be running had he cut it some to the right. (Nit picky crap for sure but he looked to have a huge hole)

If Spencer’s Brown held his block, he would have gained mad yards.

Reminded me of the run in the pats playoff game where he juked judon and antithesis they off the left side for a king run in the first drive.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, sirebors said:

I never bash Tremaine, but I don't agree with this assessment at all. I saw the exact opposite tonight. I didn't think he played well at all. Tonight actually made me more ok with moving on from him. Sign Oliver and move on from Tremaine. 

He had the most tackles. I saw him multiple times at the LOS with an RB running into him and they stopped dead in their tracks. Stopping those guys for no gain instead of the momentum allowing 2-3 yards. Didn't see him trailing behind the play like we see so often. 

32 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Needs to come back to the ball the way Beasley did. That one INTO from Josh could've been negated if Crowder came back to the ball

I told my sons as it happened, "Crowder needs to come back to that ball and fight for it." He was more to blame on that pick than Allen, IMO, and the other pick was completely on McKenzie. No way can you let that happen when it's in your hands and you're almost on the ground. That was a 'WTF?!' moment.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Phillips was great yesterday and you are probably right but I wouldn't underestimate what DaQuan Jones brings. He seemed great vs run and did his job in pass rush too.

And Tim Settle was a wrecking ball, though had few snaps. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, muppy said:

I love how the country has been put on notice regarding the Buffalo Bills. Statement game INDEED. AS has been mentioned clean up the turnovers issue but also we now have data which clearly shows this team will never be out of any games based on the strength of both our offense AND defense.

Im almost pinching myself but dangit I am sooo ready for this to unfold. Im savoring it -)

That’s right

We can strut 

• Awesome! (+1) 7

5 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

I told my sons as it happened, "Crowder needs to come back to that ball and fight for it." He was more to blame on that pick than Allen, IMO, and the other pick was completely on McKenzie. No way can you let that happen when it's in your hands and you're almost on the ground. That was a 'WTF?!' moment.

When the coaches review the game film you know Mr Crowder will be called out for exactly what you are describing. He needing to come back for the ball will be as obvious to them as it was to you all. I trust the coaching staff. Crowder will learn from this and hopefully do better moving forward 

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Needs to come back to the ball the way Beasley did. That one INTO from Josh could've been negated if Crowder came back to the ball

100%, hopefully it's something that comes with more experience with playing with Allen and getting used to tendencies. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

DaQuan Jones, Jordan Phillips, Tim Settle  is a HUGE upgrade from Star L, Harrison Phillips, Vernon Butler. 

All 3 are significantly better at Run D and Pass Rush 

Absolutely ridiculous that they got it done in a single season.  A complete revamp that just instantly clicked.  Incredible. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.