NFL Week #1 - Bills at the Rams - Post Game thread- The NFL season Begins!!!!!!

BuffaloBill

I was curious what some jest fans thought about the game.  This comment stood out to me.

I am so worried right now. Not only because Allen looks so good, which he does. But more importantly, listen to how Tirico and CC are talking about him. On his pick, Tirico couldn't wait for the play to be over before he absolved Allen of all blame, saying it's not Allen's fault. Then they come back from break, and Tirico is still on about how it's not Allen's fault. Just a couple minutes later, Collinsworth talks about how it's like watching Brady.

There is no doubt that the league and the media are going to push this guy as the next Brady. In turn, he will become a league darling and get every single call. 

Has anyone ever heard announcers tripping over themselves to absolve a Jets QB of blame for an interception? Ever? We are entering the second two-decade stint of the league finding a QB in the Jets division they can push. I am just wondering which 7-year-old will get drafted by Miami in 15 years and become the next Brady/Allen.

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/167982-bills-vs-rams/page/4/

My how times have changed.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Could care less about his emotions or feelings as long as he produces on the field but man..... He reallyyyyyyyy wishes he was still with LA lol

I guess I gotta hope that'll change.  If he racks up sacks, I guess I won't care if he knows who he's playing for either. )

10 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

That can’t be right because some said he was to inaccurate. 

When we drafted Josh, Aikman said he's studied QBs for 17 years and you don't improve accuracy.  Now he's up to 21 years & may have had to change his mind.  I guess 17 years were too few for Aikman to know QBs.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5

11 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Boy needs some reps. Poor guy didn't get any work.

Too bad Buffalo could not have negotiated a contract that paid the punter on a per punt basis.  Of course, he held for Bass five times (4 extra points and a FG).  I suppose that counts for something too.  LOL

Let's see....

- Bills offense had 413 yards and was 9/10 on 3rd down. 9 out of 10 !!!! That DOES NOT HAPPEN in the NFL!  

- Dorsey looked fantastic as a playcaller. The moment was not too big for him.

- Josh Allen was 26/31 passing and spread the ball around to 7 different pass catchers

- Stefon Diggs punked Jalen Ramsey. A lot. 

- Bills defense recorded 7 sacks, 3 interceptions, held "genius" McVay's offense to 10 points, and shut them out in the second half

- Von Miller had 2 sacks

- Bills defense consistently got pressure with only the front four

- McVay, who was 5-0 on opening night, was handed his first opening night loss, on banner-raising night, in the Rams' house!

- Bills won by 21 despite turning the ball over FOUR TIMES!!!

My goodness....what a night. What a night.

I'm gonna lose my voice in the stadium next week, 100%

So proud of this team.

GO BILLS!!!!!

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 7

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.