NFL Week #1 - Bills at the Rams - 1st Half thread- The NFL season Begins!!!!!!

BuffaloBill

Just now, MPT said:

The horse collar against the Rams and the defensive holding against the Bills were both bad calls. That's like a 40% failure rate.

This is a joke, right? The horsecollar applies to pulling down in the front now apparently, and the hold on Johnson? Seriously? That was plain as day

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

Seemed like he stopped, then the throw was behind him.

I think if he kept running, he would have been more open.

But ya at the end of the day, Josh shouldn't have thrown it

Nah, the throw was late, soft, and behind.

Bad throw.  His only mistake of the half IMO.

He had a great half.

• Agree 1

Offensively for both teams this looks a little bit like preseason football, which makes sense given the lack of preseason time the teams get.

Buffalo's defensive line is really encouraging. You can already see the impact of von Miller and having Jordan Phillips back, and the reset on that unit makes it look like a physically dominant Force at this point. The run defense in particular looks pretty good as does the pass rush.

Allen looks really really good. The interception where he targeted Crowder isn't one that he should throw. I think in the second half that they'll move Diggs to the inside a little bit more so he can be the security blanket in the middle. They can also use Dawson Knox in there a little bit more, but this is an issue that we knew was going to be there when Beasley was let go. The offense has to figure out who the players going to be that steps up and takes that receiver spot on the inside. They seem to be playing a lot of different players on offense and I think as the season goes on we will see the guys who are the best get more time and some of the guys who aren't as good play less. I already want to see more of Devin singletary and less of the other running backs.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

Three turnovers, we're our own worst enemy.  Just some key, key mistakes.  Now let's see how they come out in the 2nd half.  A good test for McD, can he settle his team?

Honestly, being tied despite three turnovers...it could have been a lot worse.

Whole off-season of being the team to beat.  Gotta settle down and be the team to beat.   Can’t afford any more turnovers or bad kicks.

• Thank you (+1) 1