How confident are you going into tonight's game?

Einstein

How confident are you going into tonight's game?  

294 members have voted

1. 1. How confident are you going into tonight's game?

• Very confident - The Bills will win
    • Confident - I think they should win but wouldn't be surprised by a loss
    • Not confident - The Bills will lose
    • Unsure - I do not know what to think. Ask me tomorrow.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/09/2022 at 12:00 AM

Not a prediction...But food for thought...Before the Playoffs The Rams were not great vs the better teams they faced last year...They played AZ early (when they were playing very well), SF twice, Tennessee, Green Bay, TB and Indy...They were 2-5 (1-3 at home) in those games and got outscored by 48 total points...

To be fair, the Bills were not great record-wise vs quality opponents last year either going 2-4...But in those 4 losses there is the OT loss to the Referees in TB, the 4th and inches loss to Tennessee, and the hurricane-wind loss to NE at home...A couple minor breaks and a normal weather game and the Bills are easily 5-1 vs quality opponents last year...At least that's the homer version...

I think the Bills are the better team...I think the Rams are very good...The Bills play their game, make a big play or two on Defense, and they walk in this one...They play like they did in the opener last year and they'll lose...B-)

I’m hoping for a win but wouldn’t say I am confident. I don’t know that I ever am, though. I think it’s a defense mechanism still in place from all the years of heartbreak.

I do think Buffalo is the better overall team. And I do expect good things this season. But I have no idea what to expect week one. Will they pick up right where they left off last year? Or will they start out slow? How will Dorsey do calling his first real game? How will the new starting CBS do against a potent offense and excellent offensive head coach? 🤷‍♂️ We will find out soon enough!

Historically, the defending super bowl champs do pretty well on opening day. I think the SB champs are 38-16-1 all time, 19-3 going back to the year 2000 and 7-1 in the last 8 years.

Sean McVay is also 5-0 on opening day in his 5 seasons as head coach.

Not that any of those stats matters for tonight’s game…

Edited by BillsFan4

4 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I have changed my answer 12 times in the last 6 seconds.  Is "All of the above" an acceptable answer?

I don’t see “I’m fairly confident I won’t vomit before kickoff” as an option. I’m not usually like this, but then the Bills are not usually in this situation with these expectations. 

Remember: win or lose, it’s only ONE game. Let’s not “fire everyone!”  if we are behind at halftime. Please? 

43 minutes ago, Merle said:

I think it's 50/50, and won't be surprised (or heart-broken) if the Rams win.   As long as we don't have any major injuries tonight in what I see as basically another "preseason game", I still have high hopes for the season no matter what happens tonight.   In fact, if the Bills do lose this one, I think it might actually help them focus even more on the rest of the season, especially when they start playing AFC opponents.

Yeah week 1 is pretty much always a crapshoot even when it's a good team versus a crappy one...plenty of times bad teams win in week 1 then only win 2 or 3 more games the rest of the year.

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t see “I’m fairly confident I won’t vomit before kickoff” as an option. I’m not usually like this, but then the Bills are not usually in this situation with these expectations. 

Remember: win or lose, it’s only ONE game. Let’s not “fire everyone!”  if we are behind at halftime. Please? 

In the grand scheme, the only thing that matters is making the playoffs and playing your best football in January.  Its hard to keep perspective in a 17 game season where every game is important and every loss could be the difference between hosting games in January, going back to Arrowhead for a 3rd year, or keeping pace with division rivals with easier first half schedules.

Surprised by the amount of people not feeling good about this game (and also not caring too much whether its a win or close loss).

With a loss, the Bills go into next Monday night with a game against the #1 seeded Titans with the possibility of going 0-2.

I believe they definitely can win, they've just have a huge challenge ahead of them.

The media has put an unfair amount of pressure on the Bills, giving them a massive target on their back for each & every game.

Sean McVay is 5-0 in home openers, and NEVER has had a record below .500 ever in his career. The Bills being 2.5 point favorites on the road, cross country, against the SB winners is going to be seen as a sign of disrespect & a point of contention for other fanbases.

Instead of the tough underdogs, the Bills are now viewed as the anointed media favorites to win the Super Bowl, giving fans of other teams something to whine about. In the past, our fans would whine about the media not giving us enough respect (during the drought... when we sucked), now they've overcorrected too much.

After all this excessive hype, a Bills loss will lead to an even dumber overreaction in the headlines. I think it's just not fair to this team who didn't ask for any of this.

I’m not confident, but I didn’t vote because I object to the description “the Bills will lose”. I think they’ve got close to a 50/50 shot, give or take a few percentage points either way. That’s nowhere near enough for me to feel confident. 

If White was playing, then I'd be very confident.  Unfortunately, I the Rams will attack the young CBs in their first NFL game.  I can see the Bills losing this game, but winning the next match against the Rams in February....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.