SB is Great Expectations, But We Need to Execute Better During The Season

ArtVandalay

3 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

HOWEVER, this team went only 11-6 last year, if not for the extra game we would have been 10-6, that's not good enough for a Super Bowl front runner. 

The Rams were 12-5 if I'm not mistaken. I know they weren't THE front runner, but they were in the top 3-5 depending on where you looked.

Edited by Stampede

1 hour ago, BeastMaster said:

It's all on the coaching...if you ask me.

I am not sold on McDermott as a championship caliber coach

Let's hope he proves that he is this season

Agree with you 100%. I also hope he improves his game day coaching.

5 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

All this talk about Super Bowl expectations and I agree this team is built for it and that is the proper expectation at this point. 

HOWEVER, this team went only 11-6 last year, if not for the extra game we would have been 10-6, that's not good enough for a Super Bowl front runner. 

We need more consistency and focus during the season. We can't lose 9-6 against the Jaguars, we can't get our doors blown off against the Colts at home, and we can't be a no show in the first half like we did vs Tompa.

We got hot at the right time down the stretch starting in the 2H of the TB game, but down the stretch we faced only 1 winning football team and that was NE. We had the focus vs Panthers, Falcons, and Jets but we should have beat those tomato cans. We had to expose Allen to running more to get there so I hope we solve those run game issues this year. 

All in all last year we were only 5-5 vs teams with a winning record in the regular season last year, 6-6 including playoffs, we need to do better if our expectation is Super Bowl. This falls on both coaching and players to prepare and execute. 

Our goal right now is #1 seed, bye, and home field advantage. With only 1 bye available with the expanded playoffs, #1 seed is even more important. And with the scheduling rules matching is up with last year's division winners, those games vs KC and Cinci are playoff games and should be approached that way. Those games will determine our seeding and home field for the playoffs. 

There is no just happy to be here. We need to be out for blood every game. 

I hope Josh Allen absolutely shreds Jalen Ramsey tonight. Stick it to every hater, everyone that ever doubted you, laughed at you, looked at you the wrong way, smirked, we obliterate them all. Starts tonight.

This year I want the foot on the gas, killer instinct from this team. No letting teams like Atlanta hang around into the second half. No playing down to Jacksonville. Blitz the hell out of teams no sitting back with leads. 

What improvement are you looking for from this team this year?

I talk about this nonstop lol.  We squandered away the 1 seed last season with a rough patch in the middle of the year.  The chiefs are nearly unbeatable at arrowhead barring a mahomes once in a lifetime second half meltdown that I would not count on happening again. The only other playoff game they lost at home was via the OT coin toss against NE.  

I do think we were a bit unlucky in some of those very close games we had an expect some of that to even out…but it’s pretty much indisputable that there were a few game like jax and Indy where we did not play very well

2 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

What gives you that feeling? When did you start to feel that way? 

Or was it only after the way they lost the KC playoff game that made you not sold?

I've always questioned how good a coach he was, and his in game adjustments and decisions haven't led me to think any differently...even now.

I want him to be an elite coach more than I can put into words, but wishing won't make it so. Hopefully he evolves this season

16 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I talk about this nonstop lol.  We squandered away the 1 seed last season with a rough patch in the middle of the year.  The chiefs are nearly unbeatable at arrowhead barring a mahomes once in a lifetime second half meltdown that I would not count on happening again. The only other playoff game they lost at home was via the OT coin toss against NE.  

I do think we were a bit unlucky in some of those very close games we had an expect some of that to even out…but it’s pretty much indisputable that there were a few game like jax and Indy where we did not play very well

The Colts was the only game where both sides of the ball let us down.

With the Steelers, Jaguars and Patriots the offense let us down as the defense did (at least) fine.

With the Buccaneers, Titans and Chiefs, the defense let us down as the offense did (at least) fine.

1 hour ago, BeastMaster said:

I've always questioned how good a coach he was, and his in game adjustments and decisions haven't led me to think any differently...even now.

I want him to be an elite coach more than I can put into words, but wishing won't make it so. Hopefully he evolves this season

Well people view certain things differently, but as for the in-game decisions etc. I feel he improved over the last 2 seasons. I recall  one of the main issues many talked about was he needed to be more aggressive. And he has definitely done that last 2 seasons I thought.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.