9/8/22 Gameday PreGame Thread Bills at Rams NFL Season Kickoff Game! (Mod edit - Thread will be locked just before kickoff tonight!!!)

Chandler#81

5 minutes ago, Process said:

It's very hard to believe Sweeney is our #2 TE. A solid #2, blocking TE is not a hard position to fill. McBeane dropped the ball on that one.

And agreed, why the heck do we need 6 active LBs?

Von isn't a LB just listed that way because of his number. 

6 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

I'm not gonna lie, I'm worried about this game. McVay coached rings around McD and Frazier in the second half last time. He made an adjustment with the pre-snap motion that the Bills LB's ALWAYS reacted to the same way and just ran a counter into the vacated space for chunks all day. Bills coaches are great on culture and execution for the most part but they aren't master strategerists like McVay. Bills can still win, I sure hope so, but not a stretch to see them lose.

But in the end having 17 is just too much 

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It is possible they plan on running the ball a lot tonight. Shakir didn't look good in run blocking duties in preseason. I wasn't expecting him to get a lot of snaps on offense tonight, if any. Still he is supposedly the starting PR so that part of it makes no sense to me.

With past coaching staffs I would assume incompetence but with McD and his staff I think that there is some sort of reasoning as to why Shakir is inactive. 

3 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I’m a bit surprised. Loved what Shakir has shown to date. I kinda felt like they would try to find ways to get him involved whether returning kicks. I mean he looked totally calm and collected out there in preseason and had a knack of getting open and making plays 

I hope they are not overthinking this..

I'm not sure if he may have hurt something somehow while warming up or what. But he was listed as the main PR. 

14 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I was actually surprised on Shakir getting the scratch but Crowder can play all over in case of emergency. I expect this is just a matchup thing and I also expect that a pass catching back is going to be important to what Dorsey wants to do and thats why they drafted Cook in the first place.

I thought Spector would be inactive. 

• Agree 1

The panic and confusion over Shakir being inactive are funny to me. He looked good in preseason, sure, but he’s a fifth round rookie. His time will come.

Any time the Bills activate all their running backs, they’ll likely deactivate either Shakir or Crowder. Crowder gets the jersey now as the sturdy vet. Over time, he’ll likely yield snaps to Shakir.

R-E-L-A-X

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, Logic said:

The panic and confusion over Shakir being inactive are funny to me. He looked good in preseason, sure, but he’s a fifth round rookie. His time will come.

Any time the Bills activate all their running backs, they’ll likely deactivate either Shakir or Crowder. Crowder gets the jersey now as the sturdy vet. Over time, he’ll likely yield snaps to Shakir.

R-E-L-A-X

But I started Shakir as my #1 wr in fantasy! 

• Haha (+1) 1

Tonight I would love to see a Three and Out from our D to start. Get to Stafford, Make him uncomfortable, maybe a Sack. Establish that we are here to play, Hit Hard, set the tone. 

The last thing I want to see is the Rams establish a long drive, runs being broken. Linebackers a step behind the Receivers on crossing routes.. Last year we had a lot of Bend but not break drives . I want that to change.

I wonder how much Knowledge Von was able to convey to our staff?