9/8/22 Gameday PreGame Thread Bills at Rams NFL Season Kickoff Game! (Mod edit - Thread will be locked just before kickoff tonight!!!)

Chandler#81

How can they keep their listed starting PR inactive? Maybe he suddenly got nicked up in pre-game warmups? Otherwise I don't understand that move at all.

It's also very disappointing that we're 3 seasons in to the Tommy Sweeney failed experiment and he is still somehow our #2 TE on gameday. A totally useless player wasting an active gameday spot.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I just put money on the Rams with the points…Here’s to Buffalo winning by no  more than 2 points…😉

The queen died. Buffalo is the Queen City. We are a lock! It’s like when a mascot dies you always bet that college team to cover 

I'm not gonna lie, I'm worried about this game. McVay coached rings around McD and Frazier in the second half last time. He made an adjustment with the pre-snap motion that the Bills LB's ALWAYS reacted to the same way and just ran a counter into the vacated space for chunks all day. Bills coaches are great on culture and execution for the most part but they aren't master strategerists like McVay. Bills can still win, I sure hope so, but not a stretch to see them lose.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

How can they keep their listed starting PR inactive? Maybe he suddenly got nicked up in pre-game warmups? Otherwise I don't understand that move at all.

It's also very disappointing that we're 3 seasons in to the Tommy Sweeney failed experiment and he is still somehow our #2 TE on gameday. A totally useless player wasting an active gameday spot.

It's very hard to believe Sweeney is our #2 TE. A solid #2, blocking TE is not a hard position to fill. McBeane dropped the ball on that one.

And agreed, why the heck do we need 6 active LBs?

Edited by Process
  • Eyeroll 1

I’m a bit surprised. Loved what Shakir has shown to date. I kinda felt like they would try to find ways to get him involved whether returning kicks. I mean he looked totally calm and collected out there in preseason and had a knack of getting open and making plays 

I hope they are not overthinking this..

Just now, Ralonzo said:

I'm not gonna lie, I'm worried about this game. McVay coached rings around McD and Frazier in the second half last time. He made an adjustment with the pre-snap motion that the Bills LB's ALWAYS reacted to the same way and just ran a counter into the vacated space for chunks all day. Bills coaches are great on culture and execution for the most part but they aren't master strategerists like McVay. Bills can still win, I sure hope so, but not a stretch to see them lose.

Yes, the Bills can win or lose.  The Bills will lose some this year just like every team in the league will lose some. This may or may not be one of those.  We still won the game that McVay coached rings around.

• Like (+1) 1

It is possible they plan on running the ball a lot tonight. Shakir didn't look good in run blocking duties in preseason. I wasn't expecting him to get a lot of snaps on offense tonight, if any. Still he is supposedly the starting PR so that part of it makes no sense to me.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

Only reason to scratch Shakir is if he’s hurt. Had a spectacular camp and pre season and is rewarded with being inactive week 1? 

Could just be match ups. Who knows. Probably just going with the guys who they think will give them the best cjance

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm quite curious myself. I assume they will say why at some point.....

We have Josh Allen guys.  Stop over thinking this.  The Bills arent going to become the Titans.  This is a passing team.  They will pass the football.  They didnt pay Josh Allen a 1/4 billion to hand the ball off to Moss.  Sure, we may not pass every single down but we shouldnt.  This team needs some balance.

• Like (+1) 1