9/8/22 Gameday PreGame Thread Bills at Rams NFL Season Kickoff Game! (Mod edit - Thread will be locked just before kickoff tonight!!!)

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Apparently this is Allen's first professional game in his home state of California. I think he's going to light it up tonight.

I heard that too and at first thought no way...but California closed down in 2020 so the road game versus San Francisco was in Arizona.  Raiders moved to Vegas in 2020 as well, and the Chargers and Rams came to Buffalo that season.

Big key will be the Bills secondary and the Bills pass rush. The Bills need to pressure Stafford all game long. Our young secondary will not be able to hold up vs Kupp and Robinson if Stafford has decent time to throw.

McVay will be ready to test the secondary. He's a very good offensive mind. 

Allen has to be masterful to win. He will play well.

Slight edge is to the Rams at home and a better coach. 

I was on the Bills early but now I'm thinking Rams 28 Bills 27.

• Disagree 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Some of the Bills fan comments were pretty great, too:

"I was at the infamous 2004-05 game where the Bills lost to the Steelers’ backups at home, when a win would’ve put them in the playoffs. Brian St. Pierre and so forth. Walking out of the game, there was a man in a Steelers jacket talking *****, as was his right at that time. A college-aged Bills fan promptly shoved him into a metal barrel with burning wood in it. Luckily, the ground was wet from recent melted snow and flurries during the game, as he quickly rolled around to put himself out.

Nobody walking by did *****."

-------------------------------------

"The blue collar workingman cosplay from Bills Mafia will never stop being funny. You work in a debt collection call center, champ. Being behind on the payments for your Silverado doesn’t make you a steelworker like grandpa. "

--------------------------------------

"Special teams coordinator and antivax freak Heath Farwell spends the whole season behind the scenes bitching about McDermott’s COVID policy. With 13 Seconds to go in the biggest Bills game in 30 years, McDermott calls a squib kick and Farwell either fails or refuses to relay the call to the only person in the entire ***** stadium who needs to know about it. This throws Leslie Frazier into such shock that he forgets to call basic defense for three plays in a row. After causing this nuclear disaster, Farwell can’t wait to haul his ass to Jacksonville. McDermott will admit none of this publicly, because it’s all on him and his bull####, Culture-Building CEO Brain that can’t manage actual games.

We’re Super Bowl favorites which means we will lose in the Wild Card. Everything about this team still sucks. The owners are still fracking-mogul sociopaths, the players are still morons, and you can’t get anywhere in Greater Buffalo without sitting in traffic behind a Ford F-150 with a Blue Lives Matter bumper sticker."

Edited by Logic

Things I Am Confident In, Things I Am Concerned With, Things I am Hopeful/Looking Forward To

Offense:

Things I am confident in:

Josh Allen to Diggs, Davis, Lil Dirty, Knox, Motor-- I am confident in ALL these guys. It's going to be a show!

Things I am concerned with:

I feel like the only concern on offense if Ken Dorsey. I have a lot of faith in him, but this will be his first real game as a play caller. If he starts to spin out, and we see Allen with his hands over his ears, with a confused look on his face, wondering what Dorsey is trying to do-- chaos could ensue. Allen certainly has a handle o this offense, but if Dorsey isn't doing his job well, it will have an impact. (It's not a huge concern to me-- but it is a concern.)

Things I am hopeful/looking forward to:

An improved run game, especially with regards to the O-line. I felt all last season that the problems we had running the ball had little to do with Singletary, and far more to do with the O-line. And from that perspective, it really looked like the Bills were committed to improving the run during the offseason. I would love to see this come to fruition.

Defense:

The defensive line. No explanation necessary.

The secondary, and it isn't close. And not just the CB situation. We really don't know for sure how healed Poyer's elbow is. He does still have a brace on it. And, ya know... his elbows are a pretty big part of his game... But, the CB sitch is especially concerning to me. I hate to say it, but I really wish Levi Wallace had been wearing blue boxer shorts during that phone call with his agent. If he were still on the team, there is a fair chance that Dane Jackson wouldn't even be starting. And a rookie opposite him? With Stafford throwing to Cooper Krupp, and Robinson, and Higbee? Yes, I am concerned.

Things I am hopeful/looking forward to:

Really looking forward to seeing this defensive line perform. Many have said it (including Von Miller), but I'm looking forward to Groot having a breakout season. I hope it starts tonight! (I'll be at SoFi to see it happen!)

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

After looking at the depth charts it looks like Boogie is backing Groot, so I think he dresses.

Von's backup is either Epenesa or Lawson.  So that's why I went that way.

Who dresses may be determined on how much run plays the Bills expect the Rams to have.

In terms of pre-season snap counts, it was inferred the Bills saw the pecking order at DE as Miller >>> Rousseau > Epenesa > Basham  > Lawson

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

I feel like the only concern on offense if Ken Dorsey. I have a lot of faith in him, but this will be his first real game as a play caller. If he starts to spin out, and we see Allen with his hands over his ears, with a confused look on his face, wondering what Dorsey is trying to do-- chaos could ensue. Allen certainly has a handle o this offense, but if Dorsey isn't doing his job well, it will have an impact. (It's not a huge concern to me-- but it is a concern.)

Bold of you (IMO) that OL didn't make this list.  If nothing else they didn't have a lot of time for the starters to "gel" this off season with injuries.

And even if Kromer's blocking in general improves the run game, it could be a disadvantage vs. the Rams - who know Kromer's blocking scheme intimately.

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

Defense:

The defensive line. No explanation necessary.

The secondary, and it isn't close. (....) With Stafford throwing to Cooper Krupp, and Robinson, and Higbee? Yes, I am concerned.

If the DL is worthy of your confidence, Stafford throwing to Kupp, Robinson and Higbee shouldn't be too much concern.  "It's hard to throw completions if you're sitting on your ass."

• Like (+1) 1