9/8/22 Gameday PreGame Thread Bills at Rams NFL Season Kickoff Game! (Mod edit - Thread will be locked just before kickoff tonight!!!)

Chandler#81

49 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm sticking with what I have been saying.

TE (Looks like Morris who is still dinged)

OL (Doyle still dinged)

DL (between Shaq and Epenesa)

LB (Spector)

DB (Lewis)

I might not have all the players right, but they come from those positions.

I would throw Basham in the mix with Shaq and Ep--one of those 3.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TPS said:

I would throw Basham in the mix with Shaq and Ep--one of those 3.

After looking at the depth charts it looks like Boogie is backing Groot, so I think he dresses.

Von's backup is either Epenesa or Lawson.  So that's why I went that way.

Who dresses may be determined on how much run plays the Bills expect the Rams to have.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I’m interested in a lot of things tonight. First and foremost I want the usual: a win with good execution and no significant injuries. But I’m also interested in some specifics:

- What Dorsey’s offense looks like and how he calls plays. 

- How the OL has gelled and how they pass block.

- How do Von Miller and Rousseau work together? Both are LDEs (over RT). One has to move to RDE. I expect that to be Rousseau, but that’s not a given.

- How the CBs fare. It may not be a fair test for them, but it’s their first one.

Did I miss anything?

The DL beyond DE.  It's McDermott and Frazier's baby.  They made the largest number of significant FA moves on the DL.  They signed a lot of FA on OL, but Rodger Saffold is the only significant (top 20 cap hit) contract, the rest are all vet minimum guys.  But Da'Quan Jones, Jordan Phillips, and Tim Settle are all top-20 cap hits for the Bills. 

The question is, does that pay off?  Do we now have a DL that can both affect the QB, AND stop the run?  

The Bills defensive philosophy, historically and no evidence it has changed, has been to affect the QB with a 4-man rush which also contains the run.  And last year, much of the time, it was not good enough at either.

So have they fixed that?  Because if they can get in Stafford's face, he can get flustered and less accurate and inadequacies at DB will matter less.  But if they give Kupp time to find the gaps in our zone and Stafford time to find Kupp, it will be a long evening.

We're hearing a lot of noise about the Bills OL vs Aaron Donald and the Bills WR vs Jalen Ramsey, but IMO how the Rams OL does vs the Bills DL is an under-heralded  matchup, and not just WRT sacks, but with regard to run game if the Rams do try to take the pressure off Stafford with a run game. 

The Bills were vulnerable last year to teams that could run the ball well and pass "enough".  Have we fixed that?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I went to go put on one of my 3 Bills shirts.  All of them dirty so I had to do laundry.  I didn't do the whole load because I'm not folding clothes today.  I just did a load just for my Bills shirts.

So you’re saying it’s your fault if we lose tonight? Messing around with Bills laundry is a Pandora’s box of generational misfortune if not handled properly! 😅

We interrupt this program..

LONDON BRIDGE HAS FALLEN...

Those who know, know..

Now back to your regularly scheduled pregame discussions..

Edited by wjag

2 minutes ago, wjag said:

We interrupt this program..

LONDON BRIDGE HAS FALLEN...

Those who know, know..

Now back to your regularly scheduled pregame discussions..

Madden 24' cover is gonna feature the Queen.  Calling it now. 

• Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

For a second with the thumbnail I thought the quote came from Aaron Donald

Me too 

Comment from one of the fans -

Jonathan:

C’mon beating the Bengals isn’t a real Super Bowl.

Edited by YoloinOhio