9/8/22 Gameday PreGame Thread Bills at Rams NFL Season Kickoff Game! (Mod edit - Thread will be locked just before kickoff tonight!!!)

Chandler#81

When we last left our heroes, they were stumbling off the field in KC dazed, having had their hearts ripped out before the nation in the most incredible playoff game ever played. ‘13 Seconds’ now stands with ‘Wide Right’ & ‘Music City Debacle’ as the trilogy of Doom in team lore. They joined us on the couch watching the Chiefs then lose to upstart Cincy, who then melted in the Super Bowl before the Rams -at the Rams HOME! Fast forward 8 months and we’ve been selected to open the new year at the same locale, as they unveil their title banner. 
So, what’s new this season? Are we gonna add to our Back to Back Division Titles? Has our #1 ranked Defense improved enough to stop Tyreek Hill? Has the Unicorn reached his ceiling? Will Von Miller continue to wreak havoc in LA? Well, Tyreek is now a Dolphin, Josh Allen seems poised to take the entire League to an even higher ground and Von now plays for -well, let’s just say ‘no worries’. Indeed, ‘McBeane’ have been fantastic in constructing and compiling this roster to an overall level of quality equal to Polian & Levy while doing it under a salary Cap and open FA. Even with approximately $0.36 left under the cap, we’re loaded with stars under long term deals.  

Quick synopsis:

Coaching. Sean & Leslie form the perfect Defensive duo for creating methods to get off the field. There’s a new term floating around the League this season in homage to them, the Buffalo Nickel. A ‘big nickel’ tribute to our typical defensive set of 2 LBs and a hybrid LB/DB -along with standard 4-3 sets. Siran Neal, x-Bill Levy Wallace, Taron Johnson and now Terrel Bernard & Christian Benford fill this billing and the League has taken notice. The Buffalo Nickel. I ❤️ It! Ken Dorsey replaces Brian Daboll as OC, but if I’m being real here, our true OC wears #17 and will continue as such for years to come. What he wants, he gets or does. Aaron Kromer brought his lawn chairs back, Bobby Babich, John Butler join the D group and Joe Brady, Mike Shula & Chad Hall are featured offensively. Eric Ciano is simply the best Strength & Conditioning Coach.

Defense: How does the overall #1 Defense improve? Sign Von Miller. Add Daquan Jones & Tim Settle and bring back former performers Jordan Phillips and Shaq Lawson. Basham, AJ & Groot figure to improve with seasoning and Millers’ influence. With All Pros at Safety and Milano & the Stork in front of them, a repeat #1 ranking is a logical assumption.

Offense: Saffold, Van Roten and Quessenberry bring tons of experience to add to the youth movement with Bates & Brown up front. Dion & Morse are studs. Did I mention Aaron Kromer? Jim Miller & Pat Kerwin (NFLR) claim Case Keenum is by far the Leagues’ best backup QB. James Cook could be VERY exciting as a new weapon and Gabe & Stephon are brilliant WRs. New comers Shakir & Crowder can’t help but perform in this offense. Motor is stronger as is the teams’ run blocking schemes. Josh is a Unicorn.

Special Teams: T Bass is pure gold. Reid Ferguson is pure gold. I confess I don’t know 1 damn thing about  Sam Martin EXCEPT that he isn’t currently charged with perpetuating a  rape. So I’m currently good with him regardless if he’s ever asked to punt. 🤷‍♂️

Personal note: I watched the Bills topple the formidable Chargers in back to back seasons in the mid 60’s. I watched and was in attendance as they won back to back to back to BACK Conference Titles 30 years later. Along with all of you, I’ve watched every minute of our current back to back Division titles. What I - and we- haven’t witnessed is a Super Bowl victory. Yet. 
I’m already planning on a frigid February parade in downtown Buffalo!

GO BILLS!

DB844948-5995-4977-8DA5-FCF4BAC99B92.jpeg

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 13
  • Thank you (+1) 7

• Chandler#81 changed the title to 9/8/22 Gameday PreGame Thread Bills at Rams NFL Season Kickoff Game!

It's been a long 8 months, and it's going to be a longer day. .... Is it "wear your Bills jersey to work" day? .... Have a great opening day Bill Mafia. .... Ladies and gentlemen, the Captain has turned on the Fasten Seat Belt sign. Please stow your carry-on luggage underneath the seat in front of you or in an overhead bin. And be sure your seat belt is securely fasten and your seat and folding trays are in their full upright position. WE ARE ABOUT TO TAKE OFF !!!"

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, CSBill said:

It's been a long 8 months, and it's going to be a longer day. .... Is it "wear your Bills jersey to work" day? .... Have a great opening day Bill Mafia. .... Ladies and gentlemen, the Captain has turned on the Fasten Seat Belt sign. Please stow your carry-on luggage underneath the seat in front of you or in an overhead bin. And be sure your seat belt is securely fasten and your seat and folding trays are in their full upright position. WE ARE ABOUT TO TAKE OFF !!!"

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!

Which jersey should I wear... Lynch or Owens... decisions, decisions....

• Haha (+1) 2

In 12 hours I will be either relaxing at my campsite because the wifi hotspot is doing its job and I'm able to stream the game, or I will be leaving the campground altogether to find a bar that is showing the game. Either way, I will be loudly supporting our team! 

If the wifi hotspot works out, I hope the campground isn't too strict with their quiet hours...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Which jersey should I wear... Lynch or Owens... decisions, decisions....

Hey, I'm still looking for my #40 Terry Miller jersey from '78.  And when I find it, I'm sure it will fit just fine.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I hope everyone has a great spot to watch the game today. It is going to be EPIC. I'm seeing some fan videos from LA of the Bills mafia taking over a bar. Those Angelinos ain't seen nuthin yet 🙂 Wait until they hear how LOUD we will be representing in their crib. SO SWEET

LETS GO BUFFALO!~!

• Like (+1) 1

Go Bills

For we are here to cheer for you

Go Bills

We are your fans so true

With vict'ry in sight, we'll shout with all our might

Go Bills fight Bills go

Come on let's win for Buffalo!

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Stupid Sports Illustrated confusing old folk. It's not Thursday Night Football! It's Sunday Night Football, played on a Thursday. I mean, this is terribly wrong. They've got the Amazon logo and everything.

• Like (+1) 1