What is everyone doing for food for tomorrows game?

Scott7975

1 hour ago, muppy said:

Yummy Have you ever heard of a california reuben? Its corned beef, slaw or sauerkraut and sliced turkey with swiss  OMGosh it is sooo good

I have not heard about that exactly. It sounds great though. I did have something similar at the Carnegie Deli in NYC. I’m not sure what they called it but it was similar - I want to say it was pastrami and turkey with Swiss (and maybe coleslaw). It was freaking huge and the pastrami was soooo good I ended up eating that and leaving the turkey. I only got there once (ditto NYC), but I’m sad they closed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BarleyNY said:

I have not heard about that exactly. It sounds great though. I did have something similar at the Carnegie Deli in NYC. I’m not sure what they called it but it was similar - I want to say it was pastrami and turkey with Swiss (and maybe coleslaw). It was freaking huge and the pastrami was soooo good I ended up eating that and leaving the turkey. I only got there once (ditto NYC), but I’m sad they closed. 

yassss haha that's close enough to what Ive seen here. Massive sandwich and need heap a napkins. Since you make your own pastrami/corned beef the turkey is NOT required. For me it is a restaurant sandwich. Cheers GO BILLS!~!!

m

• Like (+1) 1

Visiting Buffalo this week, flying back to Florida Friday, so planning a trip to Charlie The Butcher to bring back a feast for the game (only because I've already been to Mighty Taco twice this week).  Have to say that a lasagna to go from Sinatra's in Kenmore has a certain pull to it as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I know you’re joking, but I had a Pretzel Bacon Pub Burger at Wendy’s today and it was one of the best fast food burgers I’ve ever tasted.  

wendys imo makes an excellent single burger with cheese. The one you describe sounds tasty and very rich.  My go to lately has been Costco 1/3 pound frozen patties grilled on the barbie

🙂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Best, cheapest pizza in Rochester (pizza wasteland of America).  LC is the McDonald's of pizza.  It ain't the best, but it's the same every time.

I would consider having a finger chopped off if we could get some great Rochester pizza down here. Not certain where you go, but WNY pizza is excellent compared to the garbage in most places I have been.

9 minutes ago, muppy said:

wendys imo makes an excellent single burger with cheese. The one you describe sounds tasty and very rich.  My go to lately has been Costco 1/3 pound frozen patties grilled on the barbie

🙂

Yeah, it definitely was a heavy burger.  I went back to work and had the meat sweats.  A friend of mine who owns a restaurant gets me cases of frozen burgers from Sysco.  They are actually very, very solid 👌

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I would consider having a finger chopped off if we could get some great Rochester pizza down here. Not certain where you go, but WNY pizza is excellent compared to the garbage in most places I have been.

It’s the water.

Some pizza places down in Texas have their water shipped in from New York.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

It’s the water.

Some pizza places down in Texas have their water shipped in from New York.

it has to be the water. The rest is flour yeast and salt. I've said this for years. it is the reason WNY pizza is superior. And cup pepperoni is outstanding too imo

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I was thinking about getting some wings or just making my own but honestly I am pretty tired of that for football.  Dont get me wrong, I love my wings.  I'm just looking for something different.  Thought maybe some of you all would be making something awesome that I might try and do too.  So, what are you all having for tomorrow?  I cant fuggin wait.  Go Bills!!

Xanax and blue cheese!! 

Edited by Putin
  • Haha (+1) 2

For those of you who can’t find the pizza for price or taste, just make your own! It’s become a sort of weekly tradition in our house. Wegmans or Niagara Produce dough, and add sauce/toppings to your liking. We’ve gotten into the habit of freezing left over meats for toppings. Tomorrow we have some fresh cup and char, will chop up some veggies (mushroom/pepper/onion) and add some spicy Italian sausage I have saved from a grill session a few weeks back. 

Home made pizza

Hot banana pepper dip (locally grown peppers)

Chips and bison dip

blue light

i usually love my IPAs but Friday is a work day so we’ll keep it light for tmrws boozin 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.