What is everyone doing for food for tomorrows game?

Scott7975

1 minute ago, without a drought said:

I was thinking about going out for a good burger before the game. What do you guys think? McDonald's or Burger King?

I know you’re joking, but I had a Pretzel Bacon Pub Burger at Wendy’s today and it was one of the best fast food burgers I’ve ever tasted.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I was thinking about getting some wings or just making my own but honestly I am pretty tired of that for football.  Dont get me wrong, I love my wings.  I'm just looking for something different.  Thought maybe some of you all would be making something awesome that I might try and do too.  So, what are you all having for tomorrow?  I cant fuggin wait.  Go Bills!!

I hear you. I like my wings but do get tired of chicken all the time.  Last season, my wife and I tried Buffalo shrimp and fell in love with them.  I usually get the large pink Patagonian ones that are frozen, raw, and already peeled and just cook them in boiling water with Old Bay seasoning.  Then, we'll dip them in the Frank's & melted butter and serve them with a bunch of celery, carrots, and Marie's Bleu cheese dressing.  You don't get the greasy heartburn after the game like you do from the wings.  Almost forgot: lots of Labatt's Blue.

Edited by Peace Frog
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I cured a brisket flat. Half is for corned beef tonight and half is pastrami tomorrow. Reuben sandwiches and then pastrami sandwiches tomorrow. I hate sauerkraut so I’ll be replacing that  with coleslaw in mine. 

Yummy Have you ever heard of a california reuben? Its corned beef, slaw or sauerkraut and sliced turkey with swiss  OMGosh it is sooo good

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Haven't had French onion soup in almost a decade and already decided earlier this week that would be on the menu for dinner. 

Here is a helpful hint.  Go get a nice 5 lb bone in chuck roast, dice a white onion and put on bottom of crockpot, marinate the roast with a great beef rub, sear on stovetop, put on top of onions, use one package of Lipton onion mix on top, two cans of French onion soup, another diced white onion and cook on low for six hours.  Leave on low for another hour and add one 32 Oz container of beef broth.

Pull the roast and your broth will make the absolute best French onion soup.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, marck said:

Here is a helpful hint.  Go get a nice 5 lb bone in chuck roast, dice a white onion and put on bottom of crockpot, marinate the roast with a great beef rub, sear on stovetop, put on top of onions, use one package of Lipton onion mix on top, two cans of French onion soup, another diced white onion and cook on low for six hours.  Leave on low for another hour and add one 32 Oz container of beef broth.

I don't have the time to do that tomorrow before the game but that sounds Fk'n great.  Saved it in my recipe book to try when I have a good amount of people coming over.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, marck said:

How many people in your troop? Get old, go empty nester and things change. I cook for one and sometimes two. Which is to say, I used to love to cook, but it’s rarely worth it now. 

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

I hear you. I like my wings but do get tired of chicken all the time.  Last season, my wife and I tried Buffalo shrimp and fell in love with them.  I usually get the large pink Patagonian ones that are frozen, raw, and already peeled and just cook them in boiling water with Bays seasoning.  Then, we'll dip them in the Frank's & melted butter and serve them with a bunch of celery, carrots, and Marie's Bleu cheese dressing.  You don't get the greasy heartburn after the game like you do from the wings.

Buffalo shrimp, you say?

spock.jpg

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.