What is everyone doing for food for tomorrows game?

Scott7975

11 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Papa John's was good until they pulled out of Rochester.  Domino's lost our business because they kept screwing up our orders.

Hate to admit it, but here in Cincy we're going with Papa John's, sort of out of tradition/for good luck (and also so that my 12 yr old will actually eat!!).

• Like (+1) 2

Can’t believe people have to settle for papa John’s, dominos, Pizza Hut etc.  If I lived in a place where those are the best pizza spots….I’d have to reconsider my decision to live there or open a pizza place myself

pizza is tremendous.  Papa John’s and Dominos are not. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I was thinking about getting some wings or just making my own but honestly I am pretty tired of that for football.  Dont get me wrong, I love my wings.  I'm just looking for something different.  Thought maybe some of you all would be making something awesome that I might try and do too.  So, what are you all having for tomorrow?  I cant fuggin wait.  Go Bills!!

Doing for food? I was contemplating eating it tomorrow, much like I do any other day

• Thank you (+1) 1

Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce, Garlic Broccolini, I'll think of the appropriate rice side between now and then.

Of course, I'll be done with dinner by the time the game starts, so I'll probably snack on dill pickle potato chips or carrot sticks (w/blue cheese).

And plenty of pinot grigio.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Can’t believe people have to settle for papa John’s, dominos, Pizza Hut etc.  If I lived in a place where those are the best pizza spots….I’d have to reconsider my decision to live there or open a pizza place myself

pizza is tremendous.  Papa John’s and Dominos are not. 

Agreed. Any reasonably-sized town must have a local place that makes a decent pizza (unless you're in the south, apparently.) If not, you can always buy a pre-made crust at the store and add toppings to it. That's what we usually do - and sometimes we'll make our own crust too. Either way, it's better than chain pizza.

Good wings, on the other hand, are not easy to find everywhere in the country. That's why I started making my own.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I was actually thinking about beed on weck.  Sounds so good!

Just found a bakery in Colorado Springs that sells Kummelweck rolls that I'm going to try.  Won't have to try to make them myself anymore.

A friend of mine found the place and they make some pretty good German Potato Salad too.  

Wish I could get some Red Osier roast beef out here, LOL.  My god I wish there was a Wegman's out here!

Like I said earlier, making gravy instead of Au Jus is the bomb and of course plenty of horseradish.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.