Bills and trademarking “Bills Mafia”

Steel City Mafia

the family concept is exemplified at my bills backers bar. We have fans in Bills swag all ages. Infants and kids throwing the football in the small parking lot. It just feels like a connected brethren. We represent everywhere and we Travel to away games bar none. I use the noun hermano here often. To me that goes with being in the group called Bills mafia. Its brotherhood.

Edited by muppy

Bad enough the Pegula’s are stealing from the tax payers while lining their billion dollar coffers for the new stadium but now they want to trademark and profit off of a grassroots Buffalo fanbase movement all for themselves.

Get ready for “Made in Indonesia” $70 t-shirts.

Edited by Rampage
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I know I'm in the minority but I really don't like the Bills Mafia name. I don't have a different suggestion, but not sure why we can't just be referred to as Bills fanbase. 

Hate hate the jumping /crashing tables nonsense too.

Well said.  I agree 100%

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Gugny said:

I can't stand the table crap, either.

As for Bills Mafia, I've always been pretty much indifferent.  I think it's harmless.  I could take it or leave it.  I'd never purchase any Bills Mafia merch, myself, but it doesn't bug me that others do.

I'll say this, though ... I'd get a Bills Mafia tattoo before I ever donned a pair of ***** zubaz!

My only Bills Mafia purchase to date. 

s-l500.jpg

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

I still hate it. I don't want to be assocciated with a bunch of thugs.

I personally don't view it that way. When I hear "Bills Mafia", being associated with a "bunch of thugs" does not in any way come to mind. What does come to mind is an great fan base that is thoughtful, helpful in many ways not only in the local community, but anywhere and everywhere. A fan base that donates massive amounts toward many causes for situations all over the country.

For yourself, I believe when you hear the term "mafia" in Bill Mafia, your mind automatically goes to Cosa Nostra (Italian mob), or some sort of organized crime organization. Just because the name is Bills "Mafia" , it isn't associated with any bunch of thugs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Real McNasty said:

My only Bills Mafia purchase to date. 

s-l500.jpg

Is that a Labatt?

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I'd buy one of those.

Not if it’s a Genny 🤢 😆 

57 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

Drank it last night (22oz can), can is on my shelf of Bills and Sabres beer cans I've collected through the year. 

Not a fan of Bud light really but can't pour it down the drain = alcohol abuse.

never mind 😆 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.