Zach Wilson out until at least week 4

Greg S

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

None in that thread, but there IS a separate thread simply titled "Josh Allen", which is four pages devoted to lamentation. As far as I can tell, a Josh Allen thread just like it pops up every few months.

I've said this before, but I have to reiterate it: Going from 17 years of Brady DIRECTLY into the Josh Allen era has gotta be ROUGH on Jets and Dolphins fans.

And imagine being four days from the opener and getting the news that you get to spend a quarter of your season watching 37 year old Joe Flacco under center?

I would say I feel sorry for Jets fans, but I definitely don't...because I've MET Jets fans. 

One of the best comments from a Jets fan in the "Josh Allen" thread...

Not to the level he's been helped by his coaching staff and surrounding talent in Buffalo, no.  But the kid has 3 things you can't teach:  1) Ridiculous athleticism that goes beyond just his arm strength; 2) Physical and mental toughness; and 3) A seemingly maniacal desire to improve his game.  Those elements contributed heavily to Allen becoming one of the most unprecedented Year 3 turnarounds in NFL QB history.  

Sam Darnold had none of those qualities.  He was and is a soft, boogie boarding b*tch.  I don't blame the coaching all that much for his failure.  He was always destined to head down that road.  We were duped by one great game he played as a freshman in college.  We ignored the many red flags in the pursuit of a FQB.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Malazan said:

..with all the MILFs that Zacheypoo has been banging.. how is it that Sam Darnold is the one who missed games due to mono and not Zach?

Cause Sam was banging 20 year old college students where Mono is prevalent.

Zach is hitting 40 year old women - mono is not a concern.

Different ages - Different diseases.

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

Why would they announce he’s out for at least 3+ weeks if they were just benching him? If he were being benched I’d think they would’ve just said that he won’t be back for week one. Then they’d see how flacco did week one (what if he’s terrible?), see how Wilson did in practice etc. before deciding the week 2 starter.

i think the most logical guess for this is a setback in his recovery. Especially considering the Jets planned to put him through a full workout the other day to see how his knee responded. Im guessing that his knee didn’t respond well to the workout. I know when I injured my knee the recovery was pretty bumpy. Too much physical activity could cause setbacks. I think Wilson only had that surgery less than a month ago iirc? 

Maybe, but they claim not set-back at this time.

It looks more and more like someone stepped in and said No to Zach Wilson starting at this time.  Zach said he was ready to start game 1, Salah basically said it was trending to starting game 1 - even as of yesterday.

Now today it is week 4 - I think someone outside the organization - maybe Zach’s chosen doctor said nope - to soon - give him several more weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Have we ever played Wilson? Wasn’t he out both games last year?

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

I am pretty sure he played the game in Buffalo. I am not sure about the one at MetLife.

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

We faced him in the regular season finale last year. We sacked him 9 times. 

He was a disaster and Jets fans have had threads of arguing about how to excuse the mess he was in that game all offseason. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

Meniscus tears can be very nasty and the damage can be permanent.  I don’t know why these are seen as minor.  

9 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I've had three. Two of them, required 6 months of rehab. (No kidding) I was walking normally in a few days, after the last one. No PT required.

Maybe they're downplayed because of what BuffBart is sharing anecdotally here: meniscus tears CAN be fairly minor. They can also be fairly significant. I'm pretty sure I had an undiagnosed tear a handful of years back; no health insurance at the time, and the pain was mostly manageable except when I went DOWN stairs. I was still able to run and do some training that didn't involve squats or lunges or the sort. Sharp pain lasted 4-6 weeks.

Who really knows how many weekend warrior soft tissue injuries come and go in the shadows of the American healthcare system...

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.