Bills sign Dawson Knox to 4-year $53.6 mill extension ($31 mill gtd) through 2026

YoloinOhio

46 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

I didn’t understand the contract because Knox has never been a heavily involved focal point of the receiving game, yet he was paid like it. I’m sure they paid him on the potential to be a focal point, or a TE who could take over games, but I would’ve had to see it first, even if it would’ve raised his contract by a few dollars. Thought it was bad then and I still think it’s bad now and no, my thoughts have nothing to do with the loss.

The deal is just a going rate for a not awful starter at TE.  Deals will get more and more inflated, that’s a guarantee.  He’s a quality young player at a position that’s starting to get paid, they didn’t make the same mistake they did with Diggs and let the market re-set.  They could have likely extended Diggs in the off-season for 20% less, then all hell broke loose with Adams and Hill, now the mediocre FAs are getting 18M.

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/26/2022 at 8:46 AM, gobills404 said:

To be fair to @Einstein, he complains about everything even when the Bills win so at least he’s consistent

The more irritating ones are not Einstein-like, but those who pretend not to be trolls, but have overall consistently negative messages designed to provoke and irritate people.

I have enjoyed the Hogboy-like obvious trolls who bring levity over many years. Not so much the other kind. 

On 9/26/2022 at 9:12 AM, FilthyBeast said:

It's too early to say this was a bad move but I'm always leery of big extensions after a guy has one good season just like JA17 who at least proved he wasn't fluke and one year wonder.

Hopefully Knox steps things up in the coming weeks or it will definitely be a questionable move by Beane.

I really don’t think that’s the case with Dawson he has gotten progressively better every year I mean that’s the type of people that you’re looking to give an extension to

Knox felt like an additional receiving option under Daboll. Under Dorsey he appears to be being used as a blocker more. I haven’t looked at the numbers to see if that is the case; just feels like he’s being thrown to less this year so far compared to the past.

Edited by UKBillFan
Dorsey, not Kromer
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/26/2022 at 9:41 AM, Einstein said:

Through 3 Weeks

9 Receptions, 71 yards, 0 TD

Expensive blocking tight end.

It's a fair point. Unreal how sensitive people are to it. The fact people feel the need to attack the poster for facts says more about the people responding than the original statement. 

I'm willing to give Dawson a pass due to the death of his brother being a major distraction that you can't expect someone to push aside. 

I've got a longer leash for him before i get on him, but you better believe the first 3 weeks couldn't be any worse. 

At his contract value he will need to produce, it's not a fan favorite type contract, it's a big producer contract.  $15 MM cap hit in the final 3 years good lord that structure is whack.

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Knox felt like an additional receiving option under Daboll. Under Kromer he appears to be being used as a blocker more. I haven’t looked at the numbers to see if that is the case; just feels like he’s being thrown to less this year so far compared to the past.

Dorsey is our OC….not Kromer.

I am sure he will have a breakout game soon.  I do worry he has been lost in the shuffle as we are basically in the meat of our schedule and he has not been a big part.  Statistically he is the 24th rated TE in the league.  Of course my hopes are real selfish, I also have him on my fantasy team!  I would guess with the nagging injury issues and the death of his brother, he is in a bit of a fog and trying to get re-centered.  Whatever the case is, I really want to see him get back to being productive.  

9 minutes ago, metbill said:

I am sure he will have a breakout game soon.  I do worry he has been lost in the shuffle as we are basically in the meat of our schedule and he has not been a big part.  Statistically he is the 24th rated TE in the league.  Of course my hopes are real selfish, I also have him on my fantasy team!  I would guess with the nagging injury issues and the death of his brother, he is in a bit of a fog and trying to get re-centered.  Whatever the case is, I really want to see him get back to being productive.  

He’s on pace for about 60 targets. That’s way below what I expected. That’s with Gabe Davis injured. 

Very disappointing usage so far after that contract.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Are you guys this hypersensitive to every stat to complain because we lost the Fins?  Cmon guys.  

our players were dropping like flies last weekend.  Just do a gut check.  We’ll see what happens and Dorsey’s finding his way.  He’s much better than an outside OC who’s never worked with Josh.  It will work itself out.

• Like (+1) 2

It is hard to remember but the Bills have many players (already) that are playing with INJURIES.

Perhaps it is due to this that there is an intentional effort to NOT involve "hobbled" players the majority of game plays.

Knox is on injury report for "Back/hip" injury.

https://www.buffalobills.com/team/injury-report/

4 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

It's a fair point. Unreal how sensitive people are to it. The fact people feel the need to attack the poster for facts says more about the people responding than the original statement. 

I'm willing to give Dawson a pass due to the death of his brother being a major distraction that you can't expect someone to push aside. 

I've got a longer leash for him before i get on him, but you better believe the first 3 weeks couldn't be any worse. 

At his contract value he will need to produce, it's not a fan favorite type contract, it's a big producer contract.  $15 MM cap hit in the final 3 years good lord that structure is whack.

Thank you.