Bills sign Dawson Knox to 4-year $53.6 mill extension ($31 mill gtd) through 2026

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

It's a fair point. Unreal how sensitive people are to it. The fact people feel the need to attack the poster for facts says more about the people responding than the original statement. 

I'm willing to give Dawson a pass due to the death of his brother being a major distraction that you can't expect someone to push aside. 

I've got a longer leash for him before i get on him, but you better believe the first 3 weeks couldn't be any worse. 

At his contract value he will need to produce, it's not a fan favorite type contract, it's a big producer contract.  $15 MM cap hit in the final 3 years good lord that structure is whack.

It has nothing to do with sensitivity.  When you're on a specific teams message board and the majority of the time you just complain about them, you're going to have push back.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Has anyone ever considered that knox might have a lot on his mind?  He just lost his brother right before the season started. I’ll give him a bit of a pass for the slow start. 

I'm not sure if anyone is saying Knox is playing badly? More that he is being utilised differently.

55 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I'm not sure if anyone is saying Knox is playing badly? More that he is being utilised differently.

What you are saying is correct.

This is a Dorsey issue not a Knox issue.

Dorsey is running more of his miami offense where TE's are used more as blockers in the running game.

3 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

What you are saying is correct.

This is a Dorsey issue not a Knox issue.

Dorsey is running more of his miami offense where TE's are used more as blockers in the running game.

Dorsey threw to Hernandez in Miami! That guy was killing it on and off the field!

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 9/26/2022 at 8:48 AM, JayBaller10 said:

I didn’t understand the contract because Knox has never been a heavily involved focal point of the receiving game, yet he was paid like it. I’m sure they paid him on the potential to be a focal point, or a TE who could take over games, but I would’ve had to see it first, even if it would’ve raised his contract by a few dollars. Thought it was bad then and I still think it’s bad now and no, my thoughts have nothing to do with the loss.

I somewhat agree with you.

I'm glad that the Bills gave Knox the new contract, and I love his play.

That being said, our first game of the season against the Rams, and we're using Knox as an H-Back? :blink:

We need to get this guy more involved. Did they not see how he played last year?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Old Coot said:

He took a wicked lick in the Dolphins game.  The LB blind-sided him with a helmet to helmet hit.  I'm surprised the refs did not call a penalty.

As much as I think Wilkins is a dirty player, I will give him the benefit of the doubt as to his intent to deliver a helmet to helmet hit. However, it was a pretty vicious hit, with his helmet hitting Knox right in the face mask, and then driving Knox' upper body backwards over the other defender. I was actually surprised Knox held on to that ball. He's a tough kid.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

As much as I think Wilkins is a dirty player, I will give him the benefit of the doubt as to his intent to deliver a helmet to helmet hit. However, it was a pretty vicious hit, with his helmet hitting Knox right in the face mask, and then driving Knox' upper body backwards over the other defender. I was actually surprised Knox held on to that ball. He's a tough kid.

I’ve seen similar hits flagged for unnecessary roughness several times.  The refs gave us nothing on Sunday.  We lost to injuries, the weather, the stadium, the refs, Van Roten and a couple nice defensive stands

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’ve seen similar hits flagged for unnecessary roughness several times.  The refs gave us nothing on Sunday.  We lost to injuries, the weather, the stadium, the refs, Van Roten and a couple nice defensive stands

Agree on all points. I won't say Wilkins intended the helmet to helmet; however, it definitely was and I've seen similar plays flagged. 

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I am kind of surprised he’s not being used more I was envisioning a two titan set system this year so that we might be able to run the ball a little better while still having pass catchers on the field

John,

I think you may see more of the 21 personnel than the 12 or 22.  I can see Knox and Gilliam with motor more than Knox, Gilliam, cook and motor.  It’s also possible to see Knox, cook, and motor without Gilliam.

it’s a long year and this offense will continually evolve.

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Um? Not sure what you mean.   Give Knox a little bit of slack, he did just lose his brother.  He's played very well when called upon and his blocking has been good 

He's always been injury prone, which was another risk with the contract.  Looks like that hasn't changed.

I don't think the first 4 games are a representation of the talent and skill he offers. I think Dorsey is still learning how to take full helm of the offense. As we begin to get things going we will begin to utilize the tight end position.

Dorsey has said he likes the 12 and 21 position.

we attempted to bring in OJ Howard or another TE for this reason. Dorsey wants TE's involved.

We can only guess there can be 2 reasons, maybe: 1) josh isn't using them 2) dorsey hasn't found a way to use them.

but the want to is there.

• Like (+1) 1

Just in the Ravens game alone, he had a pretty big catch for 20 on that last drive that was clutch. Also had a huge catch to get down to the 1 and out of bounds before half to setup the McKenzie TD. Had a HUGE seal block to spring Shakir on that 12 yard run.

He does a lot of little things that dont show up on stat sheets but are crucial to us winning.

He's a problem for teams.

He'll get his eventually.

6 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I don't think the first 4 games are a representation of the talent and skill he offers. I think Dorsey is still learning how to take full helm of the offense. As we begin to get things going we will begin to utilize the tight end position.

we attempted to bring in OJ Howard or another TE for this reason. Dorsey wants TE's involved.

We can only guess there can be 2 reasons, maybe: 1) josh isn't using them 2) dorsey hasn't found a way to use them.

I agree that not having that 2nd TE threat is hampering what Dorsey wants to do, and the way he is using Knox. He had 2 TEs when he was playing in Miami, right? Shockey and Winslow?

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I think a lot of people reset their bar for Dorsey to Daboll heights after the first two games. Fact of the matter is the Rams and Titans had little to no game tape on Dorsey’s offense and tendencies, and coupled with being new to playcalling in the nfl Dorsey is going to take a little more time to adjust fully. This has certainly been compounded by all the injuries; Gabe, Kumerow, Knox, Morse, Morse’s backups, Bates, Brown, etc. I was fully expecting it to take Dorsey and Allen till the bye week to start really getting a hang of how to utilize all the weapons on a consistent play by play basis. 

• Like (+1) 1