Bills sign Dawson Knox to 4-year $53.6 mill extension ($31 mill gtd) through 2026

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Outside of Josh Allen he is our best red zone weapon, by a lot. Last year he scored more TDs than any TE despite missing a couple games, not to mention two TDs in the playoffs.  Yards are important but TDs win games. You're overlooking that.

I'm not overlooking it, I just think that he's a product of opportunity. He's the red zone target because he's who we've got. If we had Kyle Pitts, Hockenson, Gesicki, etc they probably would've been the target. Again, solid player, just not a special one based on what he's shown so far.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Not a player I would have committed to.  I still think its him or Gabe.  Looks like Buffalo valued Knox more.

We shall see, but my guess, he never lives up to contract.

His contract is in line with Jonnu Smith and David Njoku. Who would you rather have?

Just now, RocCityRoller said:

His contract is in line with Jonnu Smith and David Njoku. Who would you rather have?

Those were terrible decisions by their respective franchises! I would rather have Knox of that group but barely and more importantly I would rather not make the same mistake the Pats/Browns did. If Knox puts up close to the same numbers as last year but with less touchdowns moving foward (which is incredibly likely btw) is it worth paying him elite TE money which is a now a premium paid position? Hopefully Beane see's something I don't, not gonna doubt him, I just haven't seen it on the field myself.  I view Knox as more of a complimentary than impact player.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Will be very interesting to see who dresses week 1. Neither Lawson or Epenesa play STs. One of them probably doesn't dress. Based on preseason Lawson should play but reports from camp said Epenesa was ahead of him. 

Old reputations are hard to kill. Epenesa played 144 special teams snaps last year and 70+ the year before when he was scratched for a handful of games. Epenesa will be in heavy rotation tomorrow night. 

3 hours ago, Rubes said:

Awesome!

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I will like this move even more if Beane holds his cards and does not give Poyer some huge extension with big guaranteed money that gets kicked down the road.  Both Hyde & Poyer are good players,  but they are not great or elite players .  They are a product of Sean's very conservative style defense and both dudes are now in their 30's. Both guys were lower round picks and both. guys did very little before arriving ins Buffalo and getting into Sean's conservative zone style defense.

I don't mind giving guaranteed money for younger players who have not yet reach their ceilings but we cannot be spending like drunken sailors and kicking guaranteed money down the road on older vets who are what they are and if anything will lose ability. The reality is if Poyer wants to add another couple of seasons to current deal at at reasonable amount, then yes but no massive extension.  They cannot afford to pay & keep everyone getting huge deals

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

I will like this move even more if Beane holds his cards and does not give Poyer some huge extension with big guaranteed money that gets kicked down the road.  Both Hyde & Poyer are good players,  but they are not great or elite players .  They are a product of Sean's very conservative style defense and both dudes are now in their 30's. Both guys were lower round picks and both. guys did very little before arriving ins Buffalo and getting into Sean's conservative zone style defense.

I don't mind giving guaranteed money for younger players who have not yet reach their ceilings but we cannot be spending like drunken sailors and kicking guaranteed money down the road on older vets who are what they are and if anything will lose ability. The reality is if Poyer wants to add another couple of seasons to current deal at at reasonable amount, then yes but no massive extension.  They cannot afford to pay & keep everyone getting huge deals

Exactly.

20 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Knox was drafted, developed and re-signed and is now going into his 4th year a well-respected teammate by the organization and the city.

For me it's one of those "I don't know if it's true, but I believe it" when I say Josh Allen would rather have Dawson Knox over Ertz.

He's a fan favorite and we all know @muppywill go to bed with a smile on her face!  LOL, that's a part of being a fan of a football team too.

To be honest I was hoping Knox would sign for a $1M or so less, but it won't sway me in saying it's a good deal for the team.

I'm happy for Dawson and happy he will be a Buffalo Bills for the long-term.  I also believe Dawson hasn't reached his ceiling yet.

We'll all see how he plays tomorrow.

The Bills sign Dawson Knox...claire-dancing.gif

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Knox getting resigned before edmunds…the writing def seems to be on the wall but we’ll see

Yes, it should come as no surprise to anyone that this will be Tremaine's last season in Buffalo. Super happy for Dawson and the Bills. Now as so many have accurately stated, let's get Ed signed. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER

15 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

He's the red zone target because he's who we've got. If we had Kyle Pitts, Hockenson, Gesicki, etc they probably would've been the target.

I have seen Knox make plays in the red zone that only 2-3 other TEs in the NFL could make. It isn't just a matter of opportunity. It's a matter of talent. It isn't a coincidence that in the 2 games he missed - Miami at home and Jacksonville - our offense suddenly got stuck in the mud, after going on a tear in the previous 4 games against Washington, Houston, KC, and Tennessee. We paid him because he became a core player on our offense last year and the drop off from him to a replacement level TE is steep.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

16 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

They're the top safety duo in the league and of the two Poyer is better. This argument not to pay Poyer is pretty stupid. Before Miller got here, he was arguably the second best player on our defense. 31 years old isn't old for a safety. he could very easily play out another 4 year contract with no dropoff in production.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

As pointed out before, Knox is making between Jonu Smith, Hunter Henry and David Njoku after coming off a season where lead led tight ends in touchdowns.  

So a bad team would pay Knox more or something?  

The Bills see Knox as an appreciating value and paid him 6th most at his position lol.

Spot on brother!

For anyone griping and I know it’s not a lot,  look at our past.  Now the following contracts after the ones that came later looked like a steal; JA, Tre, Dawkins, Diggs, and Milano.  Every one of them had lesser guys get so much more.

I practically guarantee we will look at this contract a year from now and think it was so much better than what the TEs get in the next year.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Spot on brother!

For anyone griping and I know it’s not a lot,  look at our past.  Now the following contracts after the ones that came later looked like a steal; JA, Tre, Dawkins, Diggs, and Milano.  Every one of them had lesser guys get so much more.

I practically guarantee we will look at this contract a year from now and think it was so much better than what the TEs get in the next year.

If you look at the whole TE room, it could work out pretty well.  If Morris can keep developing, he is cost controlled cheap for 2 more years.

Sweeney has to know his way to stay on the team for another year is to work on his blocking.  He would be a vet minimum.

If he can't do it, bring in another cheap blocking TE.

The cost of Knox and 2 others could be right at league average!

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, julian said:

It’s strange to me that some fans only see the stat line and can’t seem to grasp the bigger picture

Agree.  I wish there were stats for stiff arming, pancaking, steamrolling, and stomping.  Go Bills 🦬🏈

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, julian said:

Excellent, he’s continues his upward trajectory getting better from year to year and more importantly this move keeps Josh a happy QB.

If Allen knocks on Beans door on your behalf it’s all but done. 

Did Josh really do that?? If so could you be kind enough to post a link to it so I can read about it? Thanks!

2 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

I'm sorry but this is a ridiculous take.   

"If the Bills are successful then the successful players will want more money!"  

If that's the main concern moving forward then sign me the eff up. 

That guy thought it was a bad idea signing Josh Allen.  He is a troll.  Pay that dude no mind.