Bills sign Dawson Knox to 4-year $53.6 mill extension ($31 mill gtd) through 2026

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

awe some 

I hate when work interrupts my Bills fix.  

A A Ron won’t be around much longer 

JA 17 is ours indefinitely 

True but my point was that all that Rodgers drama amounted to BS--it was just about money. 

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Are you sure the staff knows more than you?  I mean you see them about 4 hours a week for 17-22 games or so.  That’s about the same as the staff too right?  Do they even know his birthday?

bro...i have youtube.  

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What's left for Jordan Poyer?

Trust. The.  Process. 

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

True but my point was that all that Rodgers drama amounted to BS--it was just about money. 

💯 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Todays top 5 TE $$ is tomorrow’s top 10. Good move by Beane. 

By the end of the year this is going to look like a bargain with all these other tight ends are about to be signed then you’re not gonna hear a peep out of back to buff or Einstein

We already know that tight ends are going to be more featured in this offense

Edited by John from Riverside

As always Beane nails it. This is how it's done. You stay ahead of the curve and lock up your young core before they can hit FA. Also with Dorseys new TE friendly system,  barring injury Dawson could have huge year. This could look like a bargain deal in 2 years.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Logic said:

Totally reasonable take.

Me? If forced to choose, I'd rather have Knox than Davis, simply because I think very good tight ends are harder to find than very good receivers. Obviously, I hope they re-sign Davis, too. But if they can't, I have faith that they can find a capable replacement at WR. There are simply too many good ones coming out every year. As it is, we've seen them hit on a 4th rounder (Davis) and it appears they've hit on a 5th rounder (Shakir), too.

It's harder to find very good, very productive tight ends, AND it takes longer for rookie tight ends to get acclimated. A matchup-dictating tight end is also more important to overall offensive production and ceiling than a WR2, in my opinion.

Anyway, hopefully it's a moot point and they find a way to pay Gabe, too, because I agree, he's a potentially special player.

Key point to remember: The Bills control Davis for the next three years if they want to, even WITHOUT signing him to an extension.

Good DTs are incredibly hard to find despite a bunch being drafted in the early rounds. 

A middle linebacker can be replaced with a rookie without missing a step or they can go with a reasonably priced veteran for a year or two. Bills already did it once when they drafted Edmunds and he started day 1.  Makes no sense to commit big money to Edmunds. 

8 minutes ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

Another great move by the front office!

scout

Draft

Develop

Sign!!!

Go Bills! 

And cut your losses when you screw up... All GMs miss at times. To Beane's credit he got rid of Ford and Araiza and my guess is Epenesa will be let go after he disappoints this year. Let's hope they got it right with Elam. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I really don't like it. Knox is a fine player, but he's far from an elite talent based on what he's shown so far. I think he's closer to top 10 than top 5. A team that's a league favorite shouldn't have to overpay for mediocrity the same way we did when we were in the drought. If he wanted top 5 money, i would have rather drafted a replacement and signed a guy like Gesicki to mid term.

You can't have an elite player at every position.  You need elite players at edge, corner, qb ly and wideout.  Every place else, the beat you can afford is very good.  Knox is very good, not elite. 

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Good DTs are incredibly hard to find despite a bunch being drafted in the early rounds. 

A middle linebacker can be replaced with a rookie without missing a step or they can go with a reasonably priced veteran for a year or two. Bills already did it once when they drafted Edmunds and he started day 1.  Makes no sense to commit big money to Edmunds. 

Agreed on both counts.

Of the three defensive guys, Ed Oliver is priority number 1 with a bullet.

I love Poyer, but he's getting up there in years, and the McDermott has proven he can coach up defensive backs, meaning they should be able to find a capable replacement.

I like Edmunds fine, but I have no desire to pay him the amount of money that I think he'll command.

• Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

You can't have an elite player at every position.  You need elite players at edge, corner, qb ly and wideout.  Every place else, the beat you can afford is very good.  Knox is very good, not elite. 

I have no complaints that he isn't an elite player. I have complaints that we're paying him like one.

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

And cut your losses when you screw up... All GMs miss at times. To Beane's credit he got rid of Ford and Araiza and my guess is Epenesa will be let go after he disappoints this year. Let's hope they got it right with Elam. 

Agreed that this is a big year for Epenesa, but then again a bunch of us were very down on Knox after his second year.  Gotta be patient with the youngins' sometimes.