Bills sign Dawson Knox to 4-year $53.6 mill extension ($31 mill gtd) through 2026

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The tweet mentions that the deal is expected to put him in the top 5 of TE's. We know what the top 5 makes.

Based on what?

- 18th in TE receptions

- 15th in TE yards

- 22nd in TE yards per reception

Only stat he is one of the best is tight end TD's.

"the only stat" 😂 Like that one matters.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Lost in the, "Now Poyer/Edmunds/Oliver" can't sign talk is how much cap space Beane can clear by restructuring contracts. It's one of the things he does really well and so far hasn't had to do a lot of. 

It sounds like a lot of money for Knox but he's in his prime and still has room to grow.

Edited by elroy16
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

🤦‍♂️He’s ALREADY a Top 5 TE! Jesus!😡

Yes, you are the ONLY one. Congrats.

Oh you got me good man 😂. If you looked, at the time I was typing that post, literally every single comment before was glowingly positive of the extension.  I was obviously referring to the board at that time, not the general population. 

Knox is not, by any standard, a top 5 TE.  That is a delusional take colored by red and blue lens. Don't get me wrong, we all wear em, but take them off for second. He is due for a touchdown regression and by any other measure (especially when you account for blocking) he is not an elite player.  Hope he takes some big steps forward and becomes an elite all around TE, but that's a reach to say currently. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The tweet mentions that the deal is expected to put him in the top 5 of TE's. We know what the top 5 makes.

Based on what?

- 18th in TE receptions

- 15th in TE yards

How about blocking?  Huge part of the tight end game. tight ends are the hardest to find. They literally do everything

17 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Based on what?

- 18th in TE receptions

- 15th in TE yards

Lots of people here only care about "led the league in TD's".  He is still ascending though, similar to Njoku, who would you rather have?

4 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

Lost in the, "Now Poyer/Edmunds/Oliver" can't sign talk is how much cap space Beane can clear by restructuring contracts. It's one of the things he does really well and so far hasn't had to do a lot of. 

It sounds like a lot of money for Knox but he's in his prime and still has room to grow.

Just because he can clear cap space, doesn’t mean everyone will be re-signed/extended. 😉

3 minutes ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

Oh you got me good man 😂. If you looked, at the time I was typing that post, literally every single comment before was glowingly positive of the extension.  I was obviously referring to the board at that time, not the general population. 

Knox is not, by any standard, a top 5 TE.  That is a delusional take colored by red and blue lens. Don't get me wrong, we all wear em, but take them off for second. He is due for a touchdown regression and by any other measure (especially when you account for blocking) he is not an elite player.  Hope he takes some big steps forward and becomes an elite all around TE, but that's a reach to say currently. 

hes super low in targets.  If those go up he would be top 5 (20th in target number).  Also did you say Kelce is a better blocker up thread?  If thats your thoughts then I dont think you have credibility.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

Gesicki, Schultz, Hockenson and Fant are all going to jump his contract next year.

I think it's good Beane got it done now.

• Like (+1) 2