Stefon Diggs is better than Cooper Kupp

extrahammer

Oook, Diggs is a great player, but he’s a product of Josh Allen, he’s never come close to the numbers he has without Allen and the guy who replaced him has been better in his first two years than Diggs is now, with Kirk Cousins throwing him the ball, so let’s just calm down.

So I think Cooper Kupp has deserved to be recognised as a top 1/2 receiver in the NFL. I don't believe he is a "product" of the LA system so much but it definitely plays to his strengths. I will say this.... I think Diggs would do better playing Kupp's role in LA than Kupp would do playing Diggs' role here. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

So I think Cooper Kupp has deserved to be recognised as a top 1/2 receiver in the NFL. I don't believe he is a "product" of the LA system so much but it definitely plays to his strengths. I will say this.... I think Diggs would do better playing Kupp's role in LA than Kupp would do playing Diggs' role here. 

Kupp is the GOAT WR cementing his legacy like Josh Allen is at QB...there is NO comparison.:wub:

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

what is "the system in LA"?

Kupp averaged 1070 per year the last 2 years of Goff, then Stafford came in. 

It is a Shanahan offense that operates a hybrid west coast offense off of the stretch zone run game and accentuates "slot" receivers and generates production from them outside by using them by running lots of horizontal routes in the short passing game and providing opportunities for significant YAC. He is absolutely the perfect player for that role. But he very rarely runs downfield routes on the outside. His deep routes are most commonly post routes from the slot. I am not trying to knock him for that. When you have someone as good as Kupp at what he does why would you ask him to do the stuff he does less well? It wouldn't make sense. That is why they went and got OBJ and then Allen Robinson to give them more of a vertical threat outside. I don't think the scheme makes the player. But I do think the scheme and player are an absolute perfect marriage. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsBytheBay said:

I think we should be very weary comparing an exclusive slot receiver to an exclusive X receiver.

So neither is exclusive. Diggs is about 80/20 an outside receiver. Kupp is about 65/35 a slot receiver. Neither are quite "exclusive". But your general point is a good one that they are really not asked to do much of the same stuff. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Reading the responses to this thread reminds me that we were a terrible franchise for many years. It's why so many posters on TSW think that players on other teams are automatically better than Bills players. It's reverse homerism and it's a coping mechanism that we all developed to get through the lean years. I think that we have a few posters on this board that would trade our roster for the Jets roster because they have "better depth." We have posters here that defend Brady ON A BILLS MESSAGE BOARD. Yeah, Tom Brady is objectively the greatest to ever do it, but I'm a Bills fan so F that dude. Is Diggs better than CK? Probably not, but Diggs is our guy so I'll ride with him. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Not based on facts and statistics. Everyone has an opinion but....

Actually statistically Diggs is better than him in virtually every category. 

6 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Is Diggs better than CK? Probably not, but Diggs is our guy so I'll ride with him. 

No he definitely is. Kupp had one great season. 

16 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Reading the responses to this thread reminds me that we were a terrible franchise for many years. It's why so many posters on TSW think that players on other teams are automatically better than Bills players. It's reverse homerism and it's a coping mechanism that we all developed to get through the lean years. I think that we have a few posters on this board that would trade our roster for the Jets roster because they have "better depth." We have posters here that defend Brady ON A BILLS MESSAGE BOARD. Yeah, Tom Brady is objectively the greatest to ever do it, but I'm a Bills fan so F that dude. Is Diggs better than CK? Probably not, but Diggs is our guy so I'll ride with him. 

I love Diggs.  I want him on no other team.

However, Kupp had 145 receptions last year for 1,947 yards and 16 TDs.  Those are whorish figures that you get, not even from just training and hard work, but deals made with people in darkened rooms working with dolls, needles, and "soups" consisting of eye of newt and wolfbane.

I want you, any of you, to stand up and tell me...neigh, put money on the table that our God fearing receiver who we all know and love is going to go for MORE THAN 145, 1,947 and 16...let's say 150, 2,000, and 17, this year. 

Anyone...Beuller?

Diggs is outstanding and an all pro.  He is close to Kupp.  He is not better than Kupp.

Now, may I please just go back to working on my own incantations and brew associated with tomorrow's game, and some cranial hair growth remedies, please?!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 2

I mean it's a little pointless to definitively say one is better than the other considering they don't really play from the same spot at WR consistently.  

That being said, Kupp put up what was one of the greatest seasons the NFL has seen from a WR last year, so it's going to be a hard sell to say anyone in the NFL is unquestionably better than him right now.  

If they switched places last year, it's a lot harder to say DIggs for sure has the same season or better than Kupp did in LA than it is to say Kupp for sure has the same season or better in Buffalo than Diggs did.  And that's simply because the season Kupp had statistically is among the all time greatest seasons and just a harder achievement, where as Diggs season was just a season any good WR could achieve statistically. 

But end of the day, these 2 guys are both unquestionably top 5 in the NFL, who is ahead or behind the other in that top 5 is pretty irrelevant.  

9 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I love Diggs.  I want him on no other team.

However, Kupp had 145 receptions last year for 1,947 yards and 16 TDs.  Those are whorish figures that you get, not even from just training and hard work, but deals made with people in darkened rooms working with dolls, needles, and "soups" consisting of eye of newt and wolfbane.

I want you, any of you, to stand up and tell me...neigh, put money on the table that our God fearing receiver who we all know and love is going to go for MORE THAN 145, 1,947 and 16...let's say 150, 2,000, and 17, this year. 

Anyone...Beuller?

Diggs is outstanding and an all pro.  He is close to Kupp.  He is not better than Kupp.

Now, may I please just go back to working on my own incantations and brew associated with tomorrow's game, and some cranial hair growth remedies, please?!

He won't have 1900 yards in a season again. Diggs is better. 

• Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.