Ref's for the game are...

Just Jack

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

He penalized the Pats more than the Fins. That's interesting. 

2020 was the first year without TB12. (EDIT) He did a game of NE against NYJ in 2020, giving NE 6 penalties to NYJ 4. Maybe he was punishing them for letting Tom go. 

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

...terrible?  ...biased?

Really starting to think the NFL influences these games for better narratives and betting (since the NFL is in bed with Vegas now).  Between Tua clearing protocol in record time, to an entire game full of one-sided calls/missed calls.  Before someone says it, Buffalo had chances and made a number of mistakes on their own.  Not denying that.  It just does seem like the NFL has a narrative.  Miami is now the scrappy Cinderella team of this season.

Remember, the NFL is classified as entertainment, not as a sport.

Edited by The Red King

Week 4 - Bills at Ravens

220292087_JeromeBoger.thumb.JPG.0d37f307a73bb1a2febb1e778ec958b7.JPG

Another week where we haven't seen a crew since 2020, welcome back Jerome Boger...

Last game with him and his crew is going way back, to Sept 20th, 2020, about two years ago, in Miami.  The Bills won, 31-28. 

Buffalo Bills at Miami Dolphins - September 20th, 2020

Buffalo had 6p/55yds, while Miami had 3p/20yds.  And for those interested, reported weather was 90 degrees, relative humidity 68%, wind 5 mph.

Last time his crew did a Ravens (5p/54yds) game was late last year, in Baltimore, against the Browns (5p/45yds), a 16-10 win for the Ravens. 

It seems this crew may not like to throw the flag as much as others.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Week 4 - Bills at Ravens

Another week where we haven't seen a crew since 2020, welcome back Jerome Boger...

Last game with him and his crew is going way back, to Sept 20th, 2020, about two years ago, in Miami.  The Bills won, 31-28. 

Buffalo had 6p/55yds, while Miami had 3p/20yds.  And for those interested, reported weather was 90 degrees, relative humidity 68%, wind 5 mph.

Last time his crew did a Ravens (5p/54yds) game was late last year, in Baltimore, against the Browns (5p/45yds), a 16-10 win for the Ravens. 

Boger is the best imo 

30 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Week 4 - Bills at Ravens

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/betting/nfl-referee-assignments-penalty-trends-betting-impact/amp/

Jerome Boger: Referee Penalty Trends & How it may impact betting

Boger’s officiating style can be considered offense friendly. His approach creates the opportunity for offenses to excel with his combination of very few offensive holding penalties with an above average count in defensive pass interference & defensive holding penalties. As a result Boger has been a solid Over referee in his career.

53-41 over (56%) since 2016

21-12 over (64%) in Division match-ups since 2016

19-12 over (62%) in 2020/2021 NFL seasons

Called fewest offensive holding penalties in 2021 & 3rd fewest in 2020

Boger ranks in the mid tier range in calling defensive pass interference & his crew always provides the possibility of a penalty to extend drives.

Jerome Boger was the referee for SB XLVII, a Ravens 34-31 victory vs 49ers. More recently he officiated the 2021 Wild Card matchup Raiders at Bengals which was marred by bad calls including the errant whistle blown on the Joe Burrow TD pass to Tyler Boyd in the Bengals 26-19 win.

Edited by BarleyNY

LOL...this guy Boger, the head referee for the game, is a retired insurance underwriter.

What a perfect profile for being able to run around an NFL football field and make snap judgments with your eagle eyes and quick wits.

Plus he can delve into his decades of experience underwriting insurance policies to better ascertain if a borderline play should be a penalty or not, based on conventional player technique, the way he used to play the game, and so on.

This guy shouldn't be allowed anywhere NEAR a football field.

And then we wonder why officiating is horrid.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

20 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

LOL...this guy Boger, the head referee for the game, is a retired insurance underwriter.

What a perfect profile for being able to run around an NFL football field and make snap judgments with your eagle eyes and quick wits.

Plus he can delve into his decades of experience underwriting insurance policies to better ascertain if a borderline play should be a penalty or not, based on conventional player technique, the way he used to play the game, and so on.

What an odd take. 

Almost every NFL ref has (or had) a regular career job. 

Boger has been an NFL referee since 2004 and has decades of officiating experience prior to that (and was himself a college QB back in the 70s). 

If you're looking for a ref with experience there aren't many people out there with more than Boger. 

On 9/7/2022 at 8:51 AM, Just Jack said:

Week 1 - Bills at Rams - Carl Cheffer and crew 

Carl Cheffers.JPG

(Copy/Paste doesn't seem to be working right this year)

Last time we had Carl and crew was last season in October at Kansas City, a 38-20 win.  They were heavy handed to the Bills, 10p/103yds compared to the Chiefs 7p/55yds. 

Buffalo Bills at Kansas City Chiefs - October 10th, 2021 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Oh great!! These guys always give Brady all of the calls!! Doomed!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This explains a lot about your other posts 

On 9/7/2022 at 8:55 AM, No_Matter_What said:

I am still confused why their occupation isn't "NFL referee".

Because reffing is a part time job that only pays $205k per year. How you expect them to live off that?

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Show us on this doll where an insurance underwriter touched you. 

On 9/7/2022 at 8:51 AM, Just Jack said:

Week 1 - Bills at Rams - Carl Cheffer and crew 

Carl Cheffers.JPG

(Copy/Paste doesn't seem to be working right this year)

Last time we had Carl and crew was last season in October at Kansas City, a 38-20 win.  They were heavy handed to the Bills, 10p/103yds compared to the Chiefs 7p/55yds. 

Buffalo Bills at Kansas City Chiefs - October 10th, 2021 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Jeff Seeman who’ll be officiating the game is the son of former zebra Jerry Seeman.  Seeman is his dad’s little squirt! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ArtVandalay said:

Because reffing is a part time job that only pays $205k per year. How you expect them to live off that?

Show us on this doll where an insurance underwriter touched you. 

Ehm I know it's part time job, that was my point. Apparently I didn't express myself clearly, so I'll try again.

I don't understand how it is possible that multibillion business such as NFL keeps part time referees and not professional ones (at least main referees, not sure how are they called).

2 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Ehm I know it's part time job, that was my point. Apparently I didn't express myself clearly, so I'll try again.

I don't understand how it is possible that multibillion business such as NFL keeps part time referees and not professional ones (at least main referees, not sure how are they called).

I was being sarcastic. $205k to ref there zero reason to hold another job.  These guys choose to Nevada they have the extra time.

Week 5 - Steelers at Bills

1618480953_JohnHussey.thumb.JPG.90065e8b5d39f620e759dafe8d66a863.JPG

We had John Hussey, not once, not twice, but three times last year! One game was the opener against the Steelers, the other two were the last game of the year against the Jets (I wonder if that's something, doing our first and last games of the season) and the playoffs against the Chiefs...

Pittsburgh Steelers at Buffalo Bills - September 12th, 2021  L 23-16 Bills 8p/81yds, Steelers 5p/32yds

New York Jets at Buffalo Bills - January 9th, 2022 W 27-10 Bills 4p/40yds, Jets 4p/27yds

Divisional Round - Buffalo Bills at Kansas City Chiefs - January 23rd, 2022 L 42-36 Bills 3p/15yds, Chiefs 1p/10yds

Either the Bills got better at avoiding penalties, or John and crew just didn't care as the season went on.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

We had John Hussey, not once, not twice, but three times last year! One game was the opener against the Steelers, the other two were the last game of the year against the Jets (I wonder if that's something, doing our first and last games of the season) and the playoffs against the Chiefs...

Pittsburgh Steelers at Buffalo Bills - September 12th, 2021  L 23-16 Bills 8p/81yds, Steelers 5p/32yds

New York Jets at Buffalo Bills - January 9th, 2022 W 27-10 Bills 4p/40yds, Jets 4p/27yds

Divisional Round - Buffalo Bills at Kansas City Chiefs - January 23rd, 2022 L 42-36 Bills 3p/15yds, Chiefs 1p/10yds

Either the Bills got better at avoiding penalties, or John and crew just didn't care as the season went on.  

Hussey from what I can recall is not bad. Not Boger bad at least.

7 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Bills were really sloppy and stupid in that Steelers game.  Those penalties were just them being stupid.

The playoff game I remember the Bills being very disciplined and on point. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.