Ref's for the game are...

Just Jack

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

It’s a side gig. 

Lol I thought it was quite obvious that I knew it. I am just questioning whether it makes sense. It sure doesn't to me. All top soccer refereesin Europe are pros. As far as I know NBA referees are pros. I might be missing something but I'd expect NFL referees to be pros too.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Week 1 - Bills at Rams - Carl Cheffer and crew 

Carl Cheffers.JPG

(Copy/Paste doesn't seem to be working right this year)

Last time we had Carl and crew was last season in October at Kansas City, a 38-20 win.  They were heavy handed to the Bills, 10p/103yds compared to the Chiefs 7p/55yds. 

Buffalo Bills at Kansas City Chiefs - October 10th, 2021 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Our Defense played more aggressive this game and I have it recorded. I fast forwarded it x8 and only stopped when i saw yellow out. we Earned most of those penalties other then a holding call (i think it was called on the wrong player) and an encroachment by our defense... the center flinched. We earned it. Just because a team was handed more flags does not mean they are bias

Whether the penalties in the Chiefs game were earned or not, this crew did call the most penalties in the NFL last year.  Thats not a sign of competence in my opinion.  It is hard to imagine for me why the NFL would put this crew in position to wreck a marquee matchup of potential Super Bowl foes in its opening game of the year. Perhaps they they been coached up, or perhaps we will be quoting Marv Levy after the game that this referee is “an over officious jerk”. 

3 hours ago, Just Jack said:

It's supposed to keep them honest, that being a ref is not their only source of income, so they won't be tempted to take payoffs to make extra money.  

I started doing this not to really track how they do, but found it interesting seeing what some of their "regular" jobs are.  

Thank you.

Every year we get analysts and fans outraged because the refs are nto full time.  Boring debate at this point.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Get ready for laundry to be thrown the rookies way

Exactly. Especially with emphasis on illegal contact. I hate that rule, specifically the way it has been administered (or not) over the years. There's illegal contact on virtually every red-zone pass play. 

6 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Carl Cheffers.JPG

Buffalo Bills at Kansas City Chiefs - October 10th, 2021 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

yeah, I’ve seen that 

Some formatting gets stripped out in the pasting 

Cheffers is from the Los Angeles area, shouldn't he be reffing games of teams not from LA ? ... Would the NFL schedule a ref from Buffalo to ref the Bills vs Tenn game next week ?

Do you smell what the Chef-fers is cooking ?

The Bills have to beat teams so badly the zebras can't affect the outcome.

Edited by frostbitmic

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 8:51 AM, Just Jack said:

Carl Cheffers.JPG

Last time we had Carl and crew was last season in October at Kansas City, a 38-20 win.  They were heavy handed to the Bills, 10p/103yds compared to the Chiefs 7p/55yds. 

Not sure where you get your list. Wondering who is officiating Titans game. And how many of the side judges are from Nashville. 

Week 2 - Titans at Bills

1937625019_ShawnSmith.thumb.JPG.8ec4c519c6a98caf9e6c0cfd5aa05f0a.JPG

We had Shawn Smith and crew twice last year, against the Dolphins in October (W 26-11) and at New England in December (W 33-21). 

Against the Dolphins, it was pretty even, both teams were on the receiving end of 9 penalties each, the Bills for 80 yards, the Dolphins 58 yards. 

Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills - October 31st, 2021

A few extra "presents" for the Bills on the Christmas weekend game, but still not that many to worry about, Bills were 5p/45yds, Patriots 3p/30yds. 

Buffalo Bills at New England Patriots - December 26th, 2021

• Thank you (+1) 4

Week 3 - Bills at Dolphins

1570031954_AlexKemp.thumb.JPG.cc062529ac630baf08775263cd3def08.JPG

We did not have an Alex Kemp lead crew at all last season, for the last time he did a Bills game, we have to go back to the 2020 season, where he did two bills games...

Los Angeles Rams at Buffalo Bills - September 27th, 2020

Buffalo had 5p/55yds and the Rams had 3p/30yds in a 35-32 win. 

Los Angeles Chargers at Buffalo Bills - November 29th, 2020

Buffalo had 9p/85yds while the Chargers only have 5p/91yds, in a 27-17 win. 

But he did ref three Miami games last year, against the Colts (L 17-27 (M 5p/32yds, ID 8p/86yds)), at the Jets (W 24-17 (M 8p/62yds, NYJ 7p/48yds)), and against the Pats* (W 33-24 (M 5p/33yds, NE 8p/78yds))

He may be a Bills hater.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

We did not have an Alex Kemp lead crew at all last season, for the last time he did a Bills game, we have to go back to the 2020 season, where he did two bills games...

But he did ref three Miami games last year, against the Colts (L 17-27 (M 5p/32yds, ID 8p/86yds)), at the Jets (W 24-17 (M 8p/62yds, NYJ 7p/48yds)), and against the Pats* (W 33-24 (M 5p/33yds, NE 8p/78yds))

He may be a Bills hater.  

doc-holiday-i-hate-him.jpg.126660f21d7fdd4ffbdbb534b9a4eba3.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

He may be a Bills hater.  

He penalized the Pats more than the Fins. That's interesting. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.