Ref's for the game are...

Just Jack

Week 1 - Bills at Rams - Carl Cheffer and crew 

Carl Cheffers.JPG

(Copy/Paste doesn't seem to be working right this year)

Last time we had Carl and crew was last season in October at Kansas City, a 38-20 win.  They were heavy handed to the Bills, 10p/103yds compared to the Chiefs 7p/55yds. 

Buffalo Bills at Kansas City Chiefs - October 10th, 2021 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I am still confused why their occupation isn't "NFL referee".

It's supposed to keep them honest, that being a ref is not their only source of income, so they won't be tempted to take payoffs to make extra money.  

I started doing this not to really track how they do, but found it interesting seeing what some of their "regular" jobs are.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

It's supposed to keep them honest, that being a ref is not their only source of income, so they won't be tempted to take payoffs to make extra money.  

I started doing this not to really track how they do, but found it interesting seeing what some of their "regular" jobs are.  

Wouldn't it keep them more honest if they relied on it and it paid enough they could not need to work two jobs. They don't have to worry about their livelihood out there now and it shows.

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, eball said:

[this is an automated response]

”We’re screwed!!!  That officiating team hates the Bills!”

Believe me…that’s coming tomorrow night around midnight…win or lose. 😂

Then, rinse and repeat 16 more times……plus the playoffs. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

The only game Cheffers called for us last year was the away regular season game at KC. Called 10 penalties on us that game. Can't remember any of them being that egregious. 

You don't remember the phantom holding call on Mitch Morse that wiped out a 1st down conversion by Josh? One of the worst calls I've ever seen. I'm trying to find a clip of it online, but the NFL does a great job of scrubbing stuff like that out. 

The very next play the refs called a weak RTP on the Chiefs when Allen threw an INT. 

Edit- found a link https://wbuf.com/bills-fans-not-happy-this-penalty-is-taking-spotlight-away-from-huge-win-tweets/?fbclid=IwAR3--oHjPLkD5P2sCgST98_UJtYWC-No640nyJ8JvNi_zfgmxV7ql3yG3bI

Edited by DabillsDaBillsDaBills
adding link
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

You don't remember the phantom holding call on Mitch Morse that wiped out a 1st down conversion by Josh? One of the worst calls I've ever seen. I'm trying to find a clip of it online, but the NFL does a great job of scrubbing stuff like that out. 

The very next play the refs called a weak RTP on the Chiefs when Allen threw an INT. 

I distinctly remember that game was only as "close" as it was because the refs bailed KC out a few times and gave them a mathematical chance to make it interesting near the end. 

41 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Edit- found a link https://wbuf.com/bills-fans-not-happy-this-penalty-is-taking-spotlight-away-from-huge-win-tweets/?fbclid=IwAR3--oHjPLkD5P2sCgST98_UJtYWC-No640nyJ8JvNi_zfgmxV7ql3yG3bI

No…I don’t remember it.  But then again, I tend not to dwell on penalties in a game from the previous season. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.