Did I miss a New/Changed Rule?

plenzmd1

10 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Allen doesn’t fake sliding. He runs over would be tacklers. 

3 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I think we're all going to have rose colored glasses when it comes to Josh, but I don't think he's known for sliding/fake outs. 

Although he has gotten better at drawing roughing calls. I've noticed he'll sometimes not brace for hits from defenders and allow himself to be jostled by hits that really aren't that bad. He's drawn a few borderline flags by doing that. 

Thinking of plays like this one (even though the refs picked the flag up)

Guys, to be clear, I was being sarcastic.

I went through a litany of things he does do that I would be worried about if hey banned them.

He doesn't come close on any of the rule changes.

30 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Great news.  Too bad they’re going to dictate the flow of the game with illegal contact penalties.  It was called 36 times last year.  It’ll probably be called 36 times by October this season. 

I think we had very few of those called on opposing defenses last year, so hopefully at least they are calling it both ways.

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Patrick Mahomes does this fake run out of bounds play,if you hit him in bounds it's a penalty but he spins then runs down the sidelines.  Did it twice against the Bills. That rule is especially designed to stop that type of BS play. This is not a great play, it's cheating the rules when a defense player gives up on the tackle because he is after all  running out of bounds...

I call it the Patrick Mahomes rule

I am sure McDermott and Beane complained to the league about this Grey area in the rules.

Zach Wilson also faked going out of bounds during a big run against the Bucs last year.  If QBs do junk like that, they definitely deserved to be hit.

Edited by Billy Claude

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

If a QB "fakes OOB" on a Defender, that's on the Defender.  You can hit any ball carrier inbounds. 

I think it's a combination of the defender being a good sportsman and not hitting the QB when they are close to the sidelines and heading out, and defenders not wanting to draw an unnecessary roughness penalty by an overzealous official.  That is when some QB's take advantage and fake going out of bounds.  If a QB gets known for that, they risk losing the "good sportsman discount" as well as drawing flags for late hits, making defenders more likely to hit them if they are close.

Edited by RangerDave
  • Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

Zach Wilson also faked going out of bounds during a big run against the Bucs last year.  If QBs do junk like that, they definitely deserved to be hit.

I have been waiting for someone to knock Mahomes into the first row when he does this. He gets close to the sideline, slows down like he is going out of bounds, then takes off right along the sideline.  It would be worth the 15 yard penalty. 

1 hour ago, RangerDave said:

I think it's a combination of the defender being a good sportsman and not hitting the QB when they are close to the sidelines and heading out, and defenders not wanting to draw an unnecessary roughness penalty by an overzealous official.  That is when some QB's take advantage and fake going out of bounds.  If a QB gets known for that, they risk losing the "good sportsman discount" as well as drawing flags for late hits, making defenders more likely to hit them if they are close.

If QB isn't OOB before the 1st down marker, he gets hit.  That's not a penalty.  Slowing down before stepping OOB isn't "giving yourself up"

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.