Singletary or Tony Pollard? Week 1 (PPR League)

ShakAttack

5 hours ago, Buffalosouth said:

Who else is there to choose from? Flex at best week one for me. On the team I have him on I'm going playing Chase Edmunds at rb2.

Pollard has upside with a potential shootout but expect Zeke to get the bulk of the work. I'd lean more towards Pollard in ppr vs non-ppr. 

12-team league.  I intentionally neglected RBs early on, banking on snagging a random RB off free agency at some point early in the season that will become a regular starter for me, and instead loading up on my other positions, because that is how the league was won last year.

So - following the advice to start Pollard over Singletary - this is what my starting roster looks like at the moment:

QB:  Allen
WR1:  Kupp
WR2: Deebo
RB1:  Antonio Gibson
RB2:  Tony Pollard
TE:  Dawson Knox
FLEX:  Bob Woods
K:  Greg Joseph
DEF:  Indy
D Player:  Roquan Smith

BENCH

QB:  Dak
WR:  Mecole Hardman, Lil Dirty
RB:  Devin Singletary, Breece Hall, Isiah Pacheco
TE:  Gerald Everett
DEF: Dallas 

Mind you, my fantasy teams are NEVER this Bills heavy, but this is just where the chips fell in this particular draft.. haha

BUT... As you can see, RB is CLEARLY my toughest decision here because all four of these guys are pretty much on the same tier.  The interesting thing is they are all RB1 on their respective teams except for Tony Pollard, but Pollard is the guy everyone tells me to go with at RB2.  I get it with Breece Hall... he is a bit of an unknown at this point, but man... Singletary is coming off 9 TDs in his last 6 games!!!!   I keep going back to that, and that makes it hard to start Pollard over him.  

I would say go with Pollard. I usually try to stick with the RBs that are going to get the most touches. If it's ppr Gibson and Pollard should be fine. If Kupp starts strong you could always flip him for an upgrade at RB and decent wr 2. Breece Hall being a rookie is the only thing, once we see we will know.

I've also got Roquan as a IDP. Hope he plays out of his mind.

Edited by Buffalosouth
Adding on

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.