Von Miller’s Letter to Buffalo

BuffaloBill

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Good to hear from you brother.  Whenever I read you’re avatar, I think of this..

Dashing through the snow, with one horse open sleigh.  Chitty chitty anahatu.  The price is right.  Moulds tipped one handed catch.  By far my favorite drought game, except maybe the pats where Fitzy won it for us and Marsha, Marsha, Marsha was picked off four times.

Those memories of Berman on primetime were fond for sure.  NBC ruined it with their Sunday night coverage.  My sons are 23 and 21.  When they were toddlers they used to climb into bed with my wife and I and would look forward all day for primetime.  They would mimick Bergman’s silly phrases, or they would make me  it.  RUMBLIN, bumblin, stumblin…

Eman, it’s Get the papaas, papaas.  The R is silent.

Never gets old with a Goodfellas line.

thanks for the memory bro.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Michael Irvin of all people, compared the signing of Miller to the Cowboys acquisition of Charles Haley putting them over the top. Interesting take. 

Yeah, that is interesting.

Let's just hope Von is not also a chronic public masturbator :wacko:

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, damj said:

Now I'm conflicted age confused. At first I had a terminal man-crush on Josh, now it's Von

take your pick they are all adorable in their own way.  The man Dawson Knox has revealed himself to me is very fangirl worthy. Just his character alone. Not even counting his looks. YE GADS MAMA. Who wouldn't want their daughter to bring Him home? 

🙂

Edited by muppy
  • Haha (+1) 2

15 hours ago, muppy said:

take your pick they are all adorable in their own way.  The man Dawson Knox has revealed himself to me is very fangirl worthy. Just his character alone. Not even counting his looks. YE GADS MAMA. Who wouldn't want their daughter to bring Him home? 

🙂

easy now :lol:  …. That’s funny!

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/6/2022 at 8:47 PM, marck said:

What an inspiring and hear felt message.  I am so moved and touched by the words he said and how he understands the past, respects the attempts and appreciates the path his teammates have laid out.

Thank you Von Miller, you touched the deepest layer of my soul as I 56 yr Bills fan.

May you receive all you have asked for and enjoy your third ring

We have had so many free agents, so many promises ( I am 65,  just forced to retire from 40 + years in medicine after 5 discs collapsed in.my neck while at work, trapped my spinal cord and then surgery failed to return feeling and fine motor use in my hands/ arms, so this has been a tough period as my health rapidly changed to a point that for the first time, I am not sure how many seasons are left to be a Bills fan ) , so many guys that were enticed with money to come to B Lo , and they all fell short in one way or another.  They certainly all failed to deliver a championship. None of those big names really felt like a genuine part of the same mentality of the 4 SB team fraternity or part of the finest time in Bills history. Plus they were surrounded by less overall team talent as the Cap came in to effect and Black Monday  happened with Thurman, Bruce, , Andre all gone and Jimbo had also hung up his cleats. That same championship feeling and product left for close to 30 years , as 94 was the last SB appearance. 

Then a 2 x SB champion gets 120 mil to come here and at first  glance , it looked like just another guy cashing out before he retired to polish his rings earned in two other cities and franchises. But something unusual happened even he didn’t expect. He embraced the community, he embraced the past along with its near misses , he embraced the new team  led by the new superstar and process driven coach. He got the money but this time it felt that meant  less than being that final piece  to the championship puzzle that would bring together Bills mafia from different generations and from many places around the world. That video looks like he gets it ; wide right , Music city miracle, and finally , 13 seconds that lasted an entire off season. Truly the most painful moments being a Bill or Bills fan!   I know it sounds cliche, and even a little corny, yet this team has shown staying power ,  It has a core group reminiscent of those 90’s teams and Von looks like he feels at home and Understands the bigger picture and that cane thru in this video! 

it starts tonight and will be a long , hopefully memorable ride , and selfishly I hope they finally put all those other endings in a chest , lock it , and throw away the key so Bills fans can stop looking back and have great memories ahead to begin creating. That is a cool video and this feels like the superstars really do fit in with the community and are a part of the mafia. I hope it ends with a win this time and hope we are all around to enjoy every moment because this really might be the first time we remember with joy, “ I was ( insert location) when we had the confetti falling in Buffalo! Thx for posting the video, prayers to all those fighting health issues or those like Dawson still grieving the loss of someone close ,,,,,,,enjoy these moments and Go Bills! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.