When do you typically get big game, game day anxiety?

Royale with Cheese

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

My wife used to work every Sunday. She'd find out from co-workers or customers what the final score of the Bills game was so that she knew what to expect and "how to act around me" when she got home.

What saints they are to put up with our foolishness!

I've gotten much better over the years. I used to let a loss ruin my whole Sunday (and maybe my Monday, and maybe...). I'd be all sullen and irritable. Not any more. Life is too short. Losses suck, sure. They hurt bad. But not bad enough to let it affect my life or the way I interact with loved ones. Life is just too damned short.

I swear that I remember the mood of the CITY being in the dumps after a loss. Despite all the practice we had getting used to it! We have the best fans in the NFL. There is a reason LA went so many years without an NFL team. If they aren’t front runners, they just barely notice when they moved away. Buffalo and the Bills are intertwined like few other sports franchises anywhere. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

Strange for me but I'm dead calm.  I'm expecting the Bills to win their first Super Bowl this season, I'm calm as f***.  Let the others stress about us for a change.  

Yeah, but you bet $10,000 on the Bills in this game and don’t tell your wife? 

That will result in a turbulent tummy! 

I heard that somewhere…..I believe it to be true. 

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I don't see this as a big game. Yea, they're last year's Super Bowl winner, but it's a new season, and they don't crown champions in September.

Its a prime time game with two of the top Super Bowl favorites and teams both with super stars.  Its not a big game as far as standings but its a big game for interest…its opening the NFL season.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Its a prime time game with two of the top Super Bowl favorites and teams both with super stars.  Its not a big game as far as standings but its a big game for interest…its opening the NFL season.

Sure, but that's nothing to be nervous about. It's something to be excited about. They could get blown out 48-0 and it won't effect my feelings about our year at all if they bounce back the next week.

I really only get anxious in games against other playoff caliber teams, especially those in the AFC.

The playoffs bring on real anxiety. 

I don't feel anxious until kickoff as work, family, and other commitments keep me busy throughout the rest of the week.

The anxiety is different now than it was during the drought when you were just hoping they could back into a wild card spot.  And its different now than it was when we went to the AFC Championship.  Even in that season, that level of success was mostly unexpected but still we recognize that such opportunities are rare. 

Right now the Buffalo Bills are in a super bowl or bust window.  This should be the best Bills team that will take the field since the early 90s and anything short of that will be a disappointment.  Its going to be hard to remember that no one game weeks 1 through 18 means that much and the goal is to peak in January.

I actually dont until like playoffs.  No matter what happens in the regular season I dont get anxiety. I feel this team is at a level they will compete every season.  Just need to get over that hump, so nothing has me worried about making the playoffs.  I do get a little ansy in the playoffs though... because its so close I can feel it.

3 hours ago, Logic said:

I don't get much pre-game anxiety.

DURING the game, though? Oh man.

I can often be found pacing back on forth, standing mere inches from the TV, or sitting literally on the edge of my seat.

I have to have a book to read on commercial breaks because I have no chill for the three minutes that the game isn't on.

My wife often says "why do you do this to yourself? Do you even ENJOY watching football?!". The answer is...."it's complicated". 😆

Kristen Wiig Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

BarrenPettyCivet-mobile.mp4

I start pacing right before kickoff. It is excitement with some anxiety. I worry all the pregame hype may have jinxed the season some.  I am also  delighted the Bills are a real contender. I do not relax until they have more points than the other team and the clock is at zero.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.