When do you typically get big game, game day anxiety?

Royale with Cheese

This one is..... so different for me.

It's a Thursday, and it's a massive matchup. 

Typically, the opener is a less sexy matchup, and a Sunday 1pm.

It's strange though, I'm not nervous at all today.

I'm sure once I see my football crew on Thursday, it'll be there instantly though.

I'm just so damn excited to see the Bills again.

It's been a long wait since..... you know what. 

I expect to win. Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm starting to get mine now.  I watched a couple of the hype videos, watched the GMFB and other sports shows....I'm feeling it now.

For the regular season games that aren't "big games"...I don't get it until like an hour before the game.

Big games like this, playoff games or prime time games....I start getting getting them the morning of.  This one, probably because of the hype...2 days before.

I'm doing the bare minimum at work today.  Just enough not to get noticed that I'm doing nothing.

My fridge is stoked with wings and my cupboard with Xanax  !!! 

My wife and I celebrated a big anniversary last week so we went to Montreal for the weekend and it was a great way to forget about football for a bit.  Now that I'm back, I'm completely useless for work.  I have a fantasy draft tonight so that will be fun, and then we leave for LA at 5 pm tomorrow.  It's on!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm starting to get mine now.  I watched a couple of the hype videos, watched the GMFB and other sports shows....I'm feeling it now.

For the regular season games that aren't "big games"...I don't get it until like an hour before the game.

Big games like this, playoff games or prime time games....I start getting getting them the morning of.  This one, probably because of the hype...2 days before.

I'm doing the bare minimum at work today.  Just enough not to get noticed that I'm doing nothing.

Same, 3 days prior.

No nerves until Thursday, I’ve got a paid day booked for Thursday and a case of Bud and strip loins in the fridge. Got everything ready because I want to suffer with my nerves alone all day Thursday soaking in every bit of pregame content I can find.

• Like (+1) 1

In the playoffs the last few years, I had to wear my heart rate monitor because I had never experienced such a high resting heart rate. 

I am super laid back and stress free in all things, except the Bills. I start stressing for days prior to any “big game” (and as my wife reminds me, I always say “every game is a big game.”)

• Like (+1) 1

I used to get hyped up, reading every article and MB post leading up to the game.    It was an emotional rollercoaster and it'd take me days to recover from a loss.

Now, I avoid all the articles and buildup and turn the game on five minutes before kickoff.   I'm still emotionally vested, but it seems like I can manage the ups and downs better (I'm talking 'normal' games, not the 13-second variety that take years off of your life).

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

This thread is why I’m on this board.  It makes me feel less crazy for being anxious about the game.  

I already have my “at least it was a NFC team” excuse ready to go 

It’s just an illusion. Hanging out with crazy does NOT make you less crazy. You just blend in better. :)

1 hour ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Right before kickoff, I get the nervous shakes.

I will often cook using nervous energy. I just need something to do. My stomach is rarely looking for food, but it gets me to kickoff. I try to be careful with knives. 

• Like (+1) 2

It depends on the circumstances. This one feels a lot bigger, so I'm already getting some nerves.  Kick-off game, against the team I thought we'd meet in the SB.  Seems like all of America is waiting to see if the Bills will live up to the hype - or if there will be a hangover from the KC collapse.

And I think losing the opener last year really set a tone.  I shrugged it off when we lost to Pitt, but we never really got going until the last month or so after that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.