When do you typically get big game, game day anxiety?

Royale with Cheese

I'm starting to get mine now.  I watched a couple of the hype videos, watched the GMFB and other sports shows....I'm feeling it now.

For the regular season games that aren't "big games"...I don't get it until like an hour before the game.

Big games like this, playoff games or prime time games....I start getting getting them the morning of.  This one, probably because of the hype...2 days before.

I'm doing the bare minimum at work today.  Just enough not to get noticed that I'm doing nothing.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I've been amped up all week.  I go back and forth thinking they'll crush them to they'll get crushed.  Helluva way to start the season.  In the end, I reason if the new vaunted pass rush can cover the rooks in the secondary, they'll be alright.  But this has KC-BUF big-game type vibes with me..  

I am looking forward to a stress-free Sunday of watching football afterwards.  So many good games this week.

• Agree 3

Hone

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm starting to get mine now.  I watched a couple of the hype videos, watched the GMFB and other sports shows....I'm feeling it now.

For the regular season games that aren't "big games"...I don't get it until like an hour before the game.

Big games like this, playoff games or prime time games....I start getting getting them the morning of.  This one, probably because of the hype...2 days before.

I'm doing the bare minimum at work today.  Just enough not to get noticed that I'm doing nothing.

Honestly not since we got Josh Allen 

I am honestly cool as a cucumber leading up to games

• Agree 3

About 15 mins before kickoff. I actually anticipated it this year being on the Thursday night opener, so I took Friday off. If we win, I won't be able to sleep from excitement, if we lose, I won't be able to sleep from dissapontment. A few of those primetime games on Monday night last season, I didn't take off the next day, and I paid for it 😂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Before the start of regular season I’m like a kid before Christmas, I can hardly sleep (fortunately I’m on the west coast). I’m like that every year for the start of the season.

But for big games, I usually get excited a couple days before and playoffs, I’m excited the whole week before. 

Thursday can’t get here soon enough!

7 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I've had it all week. Always do the 1st game is the season. 

I think all the hype has made it worse this year but I'm still trying to keep my cool. 

Yeah, the hype has been off the charts, but I’m confident nobody associated with the team buys into any of it. They know better. 

To me it’s simple; they’ll either live up to it or not. Noting to get anxious about really. 

I know its the first game of the year so this game always gets hyped every year. I don't know if I would call an interconference matchup a big game. To me the Pats, Dolphins and Jets games are the biggest games of the year for the obvious reason. Anyway psyched for Thursday night. Hopefully they start off 1-0 unlike last season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.