โ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธย ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ President Biden, A Good American President! โ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธย ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

Tiberius

7 minutes ago, Westside said:

Yes, you say no to releasing a dangerous terrorist for a American hating female basketball player. Pretty simple. Take off your cult covered glasses.ย 
ย 

Can you imagine the outrage if Trump did something this stupid?

Youโ€™re still an ass.

You are really upset over this Britney girl.ย 

ย 

Why is that westy?ย ๐Ÿ’™?

Just now, All_Pro_Bills said:

The fundamental fact is this trade was a poor value for value transaction.ย  If you like this deal how about the Bills send Josh Allen and their 2023 1st round pick to the Bears for Nathan Peterman?ย  Its representative of the same disparity.ย 

ย 

Along with this is the general directive that the US doesn't negotiate with terrorists.ย  Most posters gushing all over this deal and Biden's adroit handling of the transaction categorically classify Putin as a terrorist and war criminal.ย  In regards to Ukraine they are adamant that no negotiations can be held with Putin the terrorist and all pre, current, and post war negotiating points considered important to Russia cannot be conceded or agreed to by the Ukrainians and their backers.ย  Unconditional surrender by Russia and concession of all points of discussion is the only path to an agreement.ย  But not this week.

ย 

But by releasing Boot in exchange for Griener our government is certainly breaking their own rule reaching an agreement with a terrorist, along with aiding and abetting a terrorist.ย  So how can that be rationalized?ย ย 

ย 

ย 

By the true believers in Biden, the rationalization is heโ€™s untouchable and beyond criticism. ย That describes a few folks here.ย 
ย 

For some, generally, the human interest angle and the feelings generated by seeing BG come home overrides any concern of Bout returning to his prior life and destroying countless others. ย ย 
ย 

For some, itโ€™s business as usual, politicians choose who wins and who loses and in this case, why get all upset about it?ย 
ย 

9 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

You might want to rethink this campaign. ย 
ย 

And tag me all you want. I donโ€™t get notifications from your posts.ย 

ย 

That would require...thinking.ย  It's all feelz with her.

ย 

And from now on, I expect Brits to stand her ass up everytime the National Anthem plays.

11 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

By the true believers in Biden, the rationalization is heโ€™s untouchable and beyond criticism. ย That describes a few folks here.ย 
ย 

For some, generally, the human interest angle and the feelings generated by seeing BG come home overrides any concern of Bout returning to his prior life and destroying countless others. ย ย 
ย 

For some, itโ€™s business as usual, politicians choose who wins and who loses and in this case, why get all upset about it?ย 
ย 

ย 

Just an observation.

ย 

Remember in the not too distant past when judgements were rendered in this forum based on nothing other than if Putin would approve the opinion/action was ill advised and anti American?

I do, and I thought it was an incredibly foolish criteria, always puked out by one individual.

ย 

Well......notice that is curiously "missing" here.

• Agree 4

7 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Just an observation.

ย 

Remember in the not too distant past when judgements were rendered in this forum based on nothing other than if Putin would approve the opinion/action was ill advised and anti American?

I do, and I thought it was an incredibly foolish criteria, always puked out by one individual.

ย 

Well......notice that is curiously "missing" here.

ย 

No surprise.ย  These individuals have said nothing about Joke giving MBS immunity, when prior they were vilifying Trump for not going after him.

ย 

Just now, Tiberius said:

Wot?ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

ย 

No surprise.ย  These individuals have said nothing about Joke giving MBS immunity, when prior they were vilifying Trump for not going after him.

You guys can take care of that. Trump was rightly criticized for his dealing ($$$$) with the Saudisย 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You guys can take care of that. Trump was rightly criticized for his dealing ($$$$) with the Saudisย 

ย 

Joke is no better, if not worse.ย  Giving MBS immunity?ย  How does that make you feel?

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Maybe so, but its obviously clear to everyone here that you give Joe a pass on everything.ย  Don't you think Putin benefits here?

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

Just now, Tiberius said:

Joe Biden is a great president compared to Trump. Biden beat Trump :)ย 

ย 

The more time passes, the more it's proven that everything the Dems tore the country apart over Trump was bull####.ย  Wuhan virus, Hunter's and Joke's corruption needing to be investigated, J6, etc.ย ย 

Just now, All_Pro_Bills said:

Maybe so, but its obviously clear to everyone here that you give Joe a pass on everything. ย ย 

That's a pretty light cross to bear. You guys that gave criminal Trump a pass on literally everything are committing hypocrisyย 

ย 

Like those complaining about Putin who refused to call him a terrorist. I mean Putin!ย 

ย 

Joe Biden!ย ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

1 minute ago, Doc said:

ย 

The more time passes, the more it's proven that everything the Dems tore the country apart over Trump was bull####.ย  Wuhan virus, Hunter's and Joke's corruption needing to be investigated, J6, etc.ย ย 

Bull sh itย 

ย 

Pure Bull sh itย 

18 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Welcome back, Doc. Brittney Griner is home and thatโ€™s excellent news for her and her family. Bout is free to injure, kill and maim again, and thatโ€™s very bad for the world.ย 
ย 

No, I would not make the trade. ย Had the exchange involved returning a Russian national convicted on some low level charge, the son or daughter of a Russian diplomat or member of the Russian water polo team, Iโ€™d consider that.ย 
ย 

As an American, would you consider accepting an arrangement for a temporary pause in aid to Ukraine in exchange for Paul Whelan? ย Letโ€™s assume no financial/military aid to Ukraine for 6 months. ย 
ย 

Or, there are stories of the Ukrainians mistreating Russian POWs, up to injuring/killing or releasing videos of them. ย Would you support Biden pressuring Zelensky to grant their release by withholding aid/support untilโ€ฆsay 100 were returned to Russia? In return, Paul Whelan comes home.ย 
ย 

Finally, I do not believe Biden would have traded Whelan for Bout, leaving BG behind, if that was the only option. ย Do you?ย 

Does he have a special power I'm not aware of that others can't replicate just as easily despite the nickname?ย  No, I would not trade Griner or Whelan for a pause to aid in Ukrain.ย ย 

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Does he have a special power I'm not aware of that others can't replicate just as easily despite the nickname?ย  No, I would not trade Griner or Whelan for a pause to aid in Ukrain.ย ย 

ย 

well the answer is yes. he is obviously very connected and there no reason to think otherwise. there is a war going on at home so no matter how many arms dealers exist adding another will more likely add more bloodshed with his assistance. saying there are others like him is a pretty low standard to determine how dangerous someone can be. i guess no one is since there are tons of lunatics on the planet.ย 

ย 

now on the flipside are there other political prisoners who are more worthy to make this type of trade? any military who have fought bravely? can provide intel or be placed back in a position to counter act the potential destruction we "may" have just released. i think so.ย 

ย 

its why this is viewed poorly. russia got a key asset US got good press to...half the country. it seems as just a intentional flip the bird to anyone not in the blue camp. so easily forgotten how biden and kamala combined have put countless people behind bars and ruined lives for the exact same type of crime and now judged heroes.

ย 

pretty interesting how political bias works over time.

1 hour ago, Buffarukus said:

ย 

well the answer is yes. he is obviously very connected and there no reason to think otherwise. there is a war going on at home so no matter how many arms dealers exist adding another will more likely add more bloodshed with his assistance. saying there are others like him is a pretty low standard to determine how dangerous someone can be. i guess no one is since there are tons of lunatics on the planet.ย 

ย 

now on the flipside are there other political prisoners who are more worthy to make this type of trade? any military who have fought bravely? can provide intel or be placed back in a position to counter act the potential destruction we "may" have just released. i think so.ย 

ย 

its why this is viewed poorly. russia got a key asset US got good press to...half the country. it seems as just a intentional flip the bird to anyone not in the blue camp. so easily forgotten how biden and kamala combined have put countless people behind bars and ruined lives for the exact same type of crime and now judged heroes.

ย 

pretty interesting how political bias works over time.

Interesting assessment although none of us are experts on the true power Bout has or could have.ย  As a hypothetical, let's say we got Griner and Whelan for Bout.ย  Do you think the release of the "merchant of death" from US custody would be as criticized by the right?

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Does he have a special power I'm not aware of that others can't replicate just as easily despite the nickname?ย 
No, I would not trade Griner or Whelan for a pause to aid in Ukrain.ย ย 

I donโ€™t know if itโ€™s a special power, but heโ€™s powerful enough to have Vladimir Putinโ€”a man known for assassinating dissidents, interfering in elections, invading countries and generally causing ย mass death and injuryโ€”went to great lengths to get him back. ย In addition, heโ€™s powerful enough that when a deal was offered, Joe Biden acquiesced ย apparently without much of a negotiation if reports are accurate.ย 

Then again, maybe Putin just wanted him back for the Over 50 World Dictators Pickleball Tournament in 2023?ย 
ย 

As for Ukraine and the like, I guess everybody has their own red line on this sort of thing, itโ€™s just a matter of where we find it.ย 

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Interesting assessment although none of us are experts on the true power Bout has or could have.ย  As a hypothetical, let's say we got Griner and Whelan for Bout.ย  Do you think the release of the "merchant of death" from US custody would be as criticized by the right?

I believe it would be criticized roundly. ย And while I believe Biden would happily have included Whelan in this deal, if it was one or the other, it was always going to be Griner. ย If it was Whelan but no Griner, the deal would not have happened.ย 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

ย 

most likely. bias is what it is. if your firmly in a camp nothing changes that. but i think that trade would hit a emotional angle for both types. anyone not staunchly right biased could easily see that at as a investment in uniting the nation. something he ran on yet has not shown very often. instead he seemingly dismissed someone who was making similar press in the other camp. why do anything for them. he also left the tangable benefits such as intel ect i brought up from someone trained in the military. who knows, pictures of them both on a plane together maybe friendship on shared experience could have gone a long way in press role out on their return for people [in general] and not this polarization. i dont think we will see that as a high consideration again to tell the truth.ย 

ย 

but as expected, griner getting "special" treatment purely based on identity politics is what this administration has been built on. midterms say making choices based on immediate emotions rather then rationale is a winning strategy. but i don't think in the long term. but who am i?ย 

ย 

the added benefit, which is now common is no one can criticize it. even with logical reasonings. you MUST applaud it or you can be portrayed as racist/homophobic/ nationalist. check all the boxes for the types of people the left make opponents out to be. this solidifies the left followers. democrats are in a constant battle against the "extremists". that's the only real return gained in this deal.ย 

ย 

as a side note. if i was a enemy to the US id be very interested in targeting any american citizen who falls under a certain criteria as they seem to have very high value to our gov in this moment in time. that whole longterm thing.

ย 

ย 

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/9/2022 at 6:13 AM, Tiberius said:

Joe Biden is a great president compared to Trump. Biden beat Trump :)ย 

In a vote of liver vs pigs feet for dinner one is going to get more votes over the other so Iโ€™m not sure that makes one or the other a great dish.ย 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/9/2022 at 9:16 AM, Tiberius said:

That's a pretty light cross to bear. You guys that gave criminal Trump a pass on literally everything are committing hypocrisyย 

ย 

Like those complaining about Putin who refused to call him a terrorist. I mean Putin!ย 

ย 

Joe Biden!ย ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

Its understandable that you're uncomfortable addressing my contention.ย  You're one of our posters here that invokes Putin against lots of other posters in attempts to discredit their opinions.ย  You're doing it again here.ย  Saying that if Putin would, theoretically I guess, agree with or approve of their views, that they're somehow carrying water for the dictator.ย  That's your way of dismissing their views without having to put up any credible argument against it.ย  It can be a clever tactic at times.

ย 

But in the case of this prisoner exchange, its clear Biden is agreeing to an exchange that benefits Putin.ย  If it didn't then the Russians wouldn't have agreed to it, plain and simple.ย  You can't debate that, and Putin certainly approves of and agrees with the Biden administrations decision.ย  If that's incorrect then I'd love to hear your explanation.ย  As you've been dead set against any actions or views that might benefit Putin I can't imagine you truthfully approve of this exchange.ย  You can lie to us, but don't lie to yourself.ย 

ย 

That gets to my point that no matter what you won't disagree or criticize anything this administration, or any Democrat for that matter would say or do.ย  You're a company person through and through.ย  A yes man for the man.ย ย 

ย 

I can't speak for everyone but I haven't given Trump a pass.ย  I didn't like his tax plan and he lacks the capacity to understand details and specifics of policies.ย  He's a flawed person and his personal behavior at times can be inappropriate and rude.ย  I wish he would disappear from the scene.ย  But everyone has some flaws. ย 

ย 

Biden has flaws too.ย  I'd say his biggest are he's a lifetime mediocre politician that has been running influence peddling operations through his career.ย  The latest involving countries such as China.ย  But like "Home on the range" you will never say a discouraging word. ย ย 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1