How Bills GM Brandon Beane, HC Sean McDermott have turned Buffalo into a Super Bowl contender.

SlimShady'sSpaceForce

35 minutes ago, eball said:

Ok, I just listened to the clip despite my better judgment.  He didn't say anything!  He said Josh Allen has to throw the ball to Stefon Diggs for the Bills to be successful -- no duh.  I don't think he even knows who else is on the Bills' roster.

Maybe I should listen again. I thought that his take was that the Bills are built around Josh and that he is the franchise. Maybe I got this impression because it is MY take lol. 

I think that Diggs is a really good receiver, but he might not be quite AS good without Josh who I consider a genertional talent on a HOF path.

I hope that McBeane will be smart enough to keep supplying this kid with tools and protection.

• Agree 1

On 9/5/2022 at 2:57 PM, machine gun kelly said:

But. What. Do. You. Mean.

Too easy Arcane.  No more Grammar/Syntax police.  It’s a flippin Bills fan board.  Most of us post from our phones.

Hey just kidding.  Shatter was classic for overacting.

We. Must.  Respect. The Process!

Shatter? I think he took lessons from this guy:

Edited by 3rdnlng

Similarly, the "Patriot Way" doesn't look so great when you don't have an all world QB under center. In the NFL, your team starts and ends with having a top QB under center. Everything else is secondary imo. It's nice to have a coach and GM with a plan who have built a winning culture, but if Josh Allen was dog **** they would probably get fired and everyone would be complaining how we have too many "nice guys" and maybe we need to get meaner

They didn't. Josh Allen did. You can have all "the process" you want but Case Keenum, Matt Barkley, Davis Webb and Tyrod Taylor aren't making you SB contenders, even with the rest of the team.

There was a lot of talent here before before Beane even walked in the door including White and our vaunted Safety duo in Poyer and Hyde. He drafted some nice complimentary pieces, traded for Diggs and signed Miller. That's all great, but without Allen none of it matters. If he had the #1 pick in the draft is Beane taking Allen, the raw prospect with spoty accuracy and football that never won a thing in one of the worst conferences in D1?  I'm sure he'd tell you yes, but if he was that sure that Allen was going to be as great as he was, he should have been a lot more concerned he wouldn't be there by the time our pick rolled around.

That's not to say that both buys haven't done their jobs very well. A good process ensures you have as many opportunities to have probability favor you as possible. The way the cap has been handled, the way they've brought in competition for positions of need are all good things.

Some of these high end draft picks other than Allen need to start producing before I'm ready to give too much credit to Beane. It is clear that McDermott has had a meaningful positive, and has shown he can have a team be competitive even without a marquee QB. Then again, so did Rex Ryan - he just didn't have the Bengals to help him get to the playoffs.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

They didn't. Josh Allen did. You can have all "the process" you want but Case Keenum, Matt Barkley, Davis Webb and Tyrod Taylor aren't making you SB contenders, even with the rest of the team.

There was a lot of talent here before before Beane even walked in the door including White and our vaunted Safety duo in Poyer and Hyde. He drafted some nice complimentary pieces, traded for Diggs and signed Miller. That's all great, but without Allen none of it matters. If he had the #1 pick in the draft is Beane taking Allen, the raw prospect with spoty accuracy and football that never won a thing in one of the worst conferences in D1?  I'm sure he'd tell you yes, but if he was that sure that Allen was going to be as great as he was, he should have been a lot more concerned he wouldn't be there by the time our pick rolled around.

That's not to say that both buys haven't done their jobs very well. A good process ensures you have as many opportunities to have probability favor you as possible. The way the cap has been handled, the way they've brought in competition for positions of need are all good things.

Some of these high end draft picks other than Allen need to start producing before I'm ready to give too much credit to Beane. It is clear that McDermott has had a meaningful positive, and has shown he can have a team be competitive even without a marquee QB. Then again, so did Rex Ryan - he just didn't have the Bengals to help him get to the playoffs.

I actually think he would have.  Beane has shown he likes athletic freaks even if they are raw.  Darnold, Mayfield... those guys are not.  Beane moved up the the 7th pick and got him.  I believe he had a deal to move to 5 with Denver but Denver wanted to stay and get Chubb.  Cleveland wasnt taking 2 QBs.  The Jets had already moved up to 3 long before the draft so Beane actually was pretty aggressive about it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.