Will The Hype Help With Penalty Calls?

Irv

A lot of folks on TBD used to B word about not getting calls because we were doormats for so long.  Will the fact that we have been favored by many to win the Lombardi, give us a break on some penalty calls?  What do you think?  

• Haha (+1) 1

I often wonder if this isn’t perspective.

We do get away with a lot also. It’s just that the egregious stuff is infuriating.

Diggs getting mugged in the EZ , in front of the ref, at Tampa last year comes to mind.

Also, Josh as a runner/scrambler seems to negate some of the obvious calls against him imo. 
   My biggest concern, to start the season, is Elam drawing PI and Holding flags with the touchy-feely style he’s displayed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

We will certainly be respected more! Josh will as well, the league obviously doesn’t want him hurt. He is GREAT for their brand, as is the story of the Bills and Bills Mafia. We are the team and fanbase you either 1. love openly, 2. are a closet fan of, or 3. love to hate.

Especially on our home field, I’m expecting the days of constant BS calls due to the lack of respect we had as an organization are over.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Irv said:

A lot of folks on TBD used to B word about not getting calls because we were doormats for so long.  Will the fact that we have been favored by many to win the Lombardi, give us a break on some penalty calls?  What do you think?  

I apologize for quoting myself but I wish I could react to a laughing emoji by TBBills.  What's funny about my OP?  What a wanker.  

Edited by Irv
  • Agree 1

Well first off Jerry Hughes isn't on the team anymore.

The fact for years he would get mugged to no calls because of his little incident with the refs drove me crazy.

But are team is not on the dark side like the hoddie so be prepared 🤔 for some whoppers.  Esp. On special teams

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I think the Bills star power rivals the big boys now.  Miller, Diggs, Allen changed the league narrative from who is on the Bills to the Bills have those guys.  You can see it raising the profile of other players like Oliver. The favorable calls are coming AFTER week 1. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Is this the first official thread complaining about perceived egregiously unfair officiating?

Pinning it to air your zebra grievances here would be swell.

Not saying the OP is wrong at all by wondering if good teams get more of the benefit of the doubt........I think they obviously do get a bit less scrutinized by officials than hot-mess teams do...........but in general complaining about officiating is the most pointless and lamest discussion/excuse ever.........it certainly deserves in it's own isolated thread like the Araiza discussion.

• Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Irv said:

I suspect not much is gonna change,  every teams fans feel the same way about penalties,  even the F ing patriots fans feel they get the raw end, so yeah nothing is gonna change, jmo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.