My office for today.

Draconator

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

unnamed.thumb.jpg.d27664d6499685a40401d57060731e29.jpg

My band played at Wingfest. We had an awesome time!!! Very cool gig for us.

This could also fit in the “awesome” thread. I hope you had a blast!

I have a good friend who is a successful banker. But I think he does it just to pay for his musical gear and home studio. His favorite thing in this world was getting up and performing for a good crowd with his band.  

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

This could also fit in the “awesome” thread. I hope you had a blast!

I have a good friend who is a successful banker. But I think he does it just to pay for his musical gear and home studio. His favorite thing in this world was getting up and performing for a good crowd with his band.  

It was awesome! We had a good number of people stop, take pictures of us, scan the QR codes for our website and Facebook page. Passed out a ton of business cards. This was just for publicity and we certainly achieved that today. 

Playing in front of a ton of people is amazing, but playing in front of 5 people can be just as fun! The lower the number of people the more I relax and joke with those in the crowd. If there's a couple hundred, I feel I have to stay put and focus to play at a maximum level. 

38 minutes ago, Draconator said:

It was awesome! We had a good number of people stop, take pictures of us, scan the QR codes for our website and Facebook page. Passed out a ton of business cards. This was just for publicity and we certainly achieved that today. 

Playing in front of a ton of people is amazing, but playing in front of 5 people can be just as fun! The lower the number of people the more I relax and joke with those in the crowd. If there's a couple hundred, I feel I have to stay put and focus to play at a maximum level. 

He doesn’t need a big crowd, he just needs a crowd. As far as he is concerned my wife and myself constitutes “a crowd”. About a year ago they threw a party and invited a bunch of their “amateur” musicians. It was really fun, but his college age daughter was running some board and got frustrated. She said “Dad, no matter what I do, you are still the loudest.” To which he said some thing like “yeah, and that’s the way it’s gonna stay!”  

I’m actually the opposite. I’d love to be rich, but I’d HATE to be famous. We’ve known a few famous people, and I can tell you they really prefer the rich part! My wife is the one who likes to get up and get the crowds attention. I could speak in front of groups just fine, but I’m happier outside of the spotlight. 

Edited by Augie

10 hours ago, Draconator said:

That is really interesting. I was always the exact opposite. The more people, the more relaxed and energized (if that makes sense) I always was. 

Glad you had a successful gig and got your name out there!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.