Sal Capaccio tweets starters... Spencer Brown and more...

Sierra Foothills

49 minutes ago, In Summary said:

Makes me wonder if the Bills will vary or evolve their defense this year or leave it as it has been. Primarily thinking about using 3 LBs and playing man coverage more.

I think getting Elam and the emergence of Benford will allow them to play more man. More blitzing. Terrell Bernard was extremely dangerous blitzing at Baylor 

Edited by Forlorn hope
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, In Summary said:

Makes me wonder if the Bills will vary or evolve their defense this year or leave it as it has been. Primarily thinking about using 3 LBs and playing man coverage more.

I certainly believe after watching how the Bengals defended the chiefs in the second half of the afccg they learned some things 

Edited by TPS
  • Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

The thing that surprised me was Bernard leapfrogging Dodson. He had some plays, but I didn’t see him as better than Dodson at this point

That was the one that jumped out here also. effectively  jumped into aj Klein old spot.  Also AJE ahead of Shaq I view as good news about AJE I hope

7 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Can't look at the depth chart in such a boxed way.  Same can be said about backup WR, Cooks role on offense, etc.  There will certainly be multiple formations/looks that will dictate playtime over depth chart.

Right on the money. The depth chart isn't much more than an informal way to categorize and rank people. How they actually are used has little to do with the depth chart.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Southern bills said:

I agree but I think Moss is first man up as 1st down back in case of injury while Cook is currently seen as more of a 3rd down back and a guy you have a special set of plays for. I am not sure they are comfortable with him taking every down punishment yet.

Or pass blocking 

1 hour ago, Forlorn hope said:

You will love the blocking te, ground and pound 😂

I sure hope they run the ***** ball this year ffs

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Probably about the same as ours because according to this board every team in the league’s offensive line depth sucks so we shouldn’t worry.😅

Well can you provide some sort of insight as to what the rest of the league looks like? 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

I hear ya… I don’t follow other teams closely enough… what does their O-Line depth look like compared to ours? 

I think the depth looks similar. There isn't that much oline depth league wide. If Ike was healthy for instance he'd be one of the best guards not pencilled in to start in the league. But I am not sure there are too many teams starting a 34 year old and a guy who has been in the league 4 years but has only 6 career starts. Saffold has been nicked up a lot the last two years and what if Bates doesn't kick on? That is why the guard depth is particularly worrisome for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

I hear ya… I don’t follow other teams closely enough… what does their O-Line depth look like compared to ours? 

Most teams have limited line depth.  Online play is weak throughout the league. You are lucky to have 1 adequate swing tackle and 1 adequate interior guy. That is why next year is obvious the Bills will be drafting interior OL early and maybe doubling up. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the depth looks similar. There isn't that much oline depth league wide. If Ike was healthy for instance he'd be one of the best guards not pencilled in to start in the league. But I am not sure there are too many teams starting a 34 year old and a guy who has been in the league 4 years but has only 6 career starts. Saffold has been nicked up a lot the last two years and what if Bates doesn't kick on? That is why the guard depth is particularly worrisome for the Bills.

Sorry Gunner I didn’t see your comment and basically said the same thing. Ike being hurt particularly hurts them. 

12 hours ago, artmalibu said:

I dont see how Cook can be active, 4 RBs on game day?

We carried four in the first Fins and Jets game last year.  Taiwan Jones will be active every week as a gunner so it's better to think of if they'll dress three (Singletary, Moss, Cook) or two of the three.  It'll be one of the most interesting story lines throughout the year if all stay healthy.

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

We carried four in the first Fins and Jets game last year.  Taiwan Jones will be active every week as a gunner so it's better to think of if they'll dress three (Singletary, Moss, Cook) or two of the three.  It'll be one of the most interesting story lines throughout the year if all stay healthy.

I believe the rules now are you can dress 48 as long as 8 are OL. If fewer than 8 are OL they can dress 47. 

Looking at that roster for week 1 and trying to find the five inactives is tricky. 

I think Sweeney, one OL (Doyle if he is still hurt or Van Roten or Hart), Shaq and Cam Lewis are the four most likely. I'd probably say Spector is the next most likely given he would be up mainly for teams and they have Dodson who can play teams and Matakevich who is a teams captain up but I don't think it is totally mad to think that Crowder is a possibility too if McKenzie is healthy... or of course Moss if they only dress 3 running backs. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.