Sal Capaccio tweets starters... Spencer Brown and more...

Sierra Foothills

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

So, endearing himself to his employer then…, 

1 hour ago, Sierra Foothills said:

New OC though... what Daboll did might be different than what Dorsey does.

Jones is an RB on the position chart the same as Kumerow is a WR.  They are on the roster for STs and get a few snaps on offense during the season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Probably about the same as ours because according to this board every team in the league’s offensive line depth sucks so we shouldn’t worry.😅

You keep saying this as if it's false.  Yet provide no proof otherwise.

Suffice it to say that no team/fans want their any of their starters to go down.  There's a reason why there are starters and backups.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HiMark said:

Bernard. Very interesting.  There has been an assumption all along that we are going to roll out the same exact defense, and therefore nobody can find a role or need for Terrel.  Seeing as how we have listed 12 starters, it is clear that there are going to be some scheme changes this year.  Lots of 4-3, less of Taron.  Maybe a 50-50 split?  

I expect Bernard to be set loose as a blitzer, and I predict him as no lower than 3rd on the team in sacks.

If they want their best 11 players on the field, Taron Johnson won't be swapped out for Bernard all that often. So not a 50/50 split. I think he'll be used very situationally.

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Does that tweet actually have anything to do with the Bills? I see a lot of people making assumptions.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Jones is an RB on the position chart the same as Kumerow is a WR.  They are on the roster for STs and get a few snaps on offense during the season.

My point is that for the last few years the Bills would predominantly dress 2 RBs + Taiwan Jones.

I'm speculating that under Dorsey they might dress 3 RBs + Jones.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

That interior line depth is woofff

3 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

I think Hart is game day inactive and Quessenberry is third G.  I'm skeptical about the oline depth chart.  Unless Brown and Qberry are sharing RT snaps in this game.

3 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

I hear ya… I don’t follow other teams closely enough… what does their O-Line depth look like compared to ours? 

I'm not a huge fan of our reserve interior O-line either but it's interesting the Bills were able to get a draft pick for Cody Ford. I think Green Bay was the only other team to trade an O-lineman at the cutdown so probably our depth's on par with everyone else's. 

11 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Not sure who was really better in the preseason, Elam or Benford. But curious if the reason Elam is starting is because of his draft status. 

Maybe.

Maybe it's because Elam has elite athletic traits and Benford doesn't.

Maybe it's because Elam played at a higher level of competition so has less of a leap to make.

Super excited to see how he shows.

Edited by Sierra Foothills

41 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If they want their best 11 players on the field, Taron Johnson won't be swapped out for Bernard all that often. So not a 50/50 split. I think he'll be used very situationally.

Makes me wonder if the Bills will vary or evolve their defense this year or leave it as it has been. Primarily thinking about using 3 LBs and playing man coverage more.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Doc said:

You keep saying this as if it's false.  Yet provide no proof otherwise.

Suffice it to say that no team/fans want their any of their starters to go down.  There's a reason why there are starters and backups.

Scott really does not want hear anyone else when it comes to any point you might bring up to show why he is mistaken, he just can’t imagine himself being wrong on any of his beliefs concerning the Buffalo Bills, ever.  He and a small group here are among the worst sort of fans of any sport I have ever seen during my sixty plus years on this planet.  He is essentially hopeless…,

Go  Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think the RB usage is going to be week to week, matchup based. I see Cook as more of an offensive weapon.

I agree but I think Moss is first man up as 1st down back in case of injury while Cook is currently seen as more of a 3rd down back and a guy you have a special set of plays for. I am not sure they are comfortable with him taking every down punishment yet.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.