Sal Capaccio tweets starters... Spencer Brown and more...

Sierra Foothills

34 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Not surprised about Elam starting nor am I surprised about Shakir or James Cook.

There are MANY here who believe that McKenzie is not fit to be the starting kick returner. I feel/felt he should be given another shot because his upside is pretty damn high.

I thought Spencer Brown would wait a few weeks behind Quessenberry before being named the starter.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Cook gets more looks on KOs if McKenzie gets extensive time at WR. 

• Like (+1) 5

16 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Fair.

I guess some posters here will be relieved to see that Jake Kumerow isn't listed as the backup at outside WR behind Diggs and Davis

He's only listed as the backup WR behind Davis 😁

Surprises to me: 

Moss > Cook as RB2

Bernard listed as the starting SLB ahead of Dodson - I guess the team sees his pre-season performance differently than fans do

Cam Lewis listed as the backup NCB and Siran Neal listed as the backup outside CB 🤷‍♂️

Anyone explain that last to me, I'll be obliged

Doubtful that Cam is dressing on gameday. 

So I'd expect Neal to still be the backup to Taron.

Can't look at the depth chart in such a boxed way.  Same can be said about backup WR, Cooks role on offense, etc.  There will certainly be multiple formations/looks that will dictate playtime over depth chart.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Forlorn hope said:

I still think Doyle and Quess will rotate in to keep everyone fresh. Doyle is a monster run blocker. Nasty

A few thoughts on OT:

• The idea of a rotation at ROT is interesting.
  • It's also interesting that Brown, Quess, and Doyle probably block better for the run than the pass.
  • You have to think the Bills really want Brown to grow into a consistent pillar like Dawkins on the other side.
  • When the Bills go heavy, it might be some fun mouth smashing.
  • Like (+1) 1

Inactives 

Sweeney

Hart 

Shaq 

Spector*

Lewis 

If they want to keep lewis or Spector, more likely Lewis

You don't dress kumerow

Cook can also play wr

2 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

A few thoughts on OT:

• The idea of a rotation at ROT is interesting.
  • It's also interesting that Brown, Quess, and Doyle probably block better for the run than the pass.
  • You have to think the Bills really want Brown to grow into a consistent pillar like Dawkins on the other side.
  • When the Bills go heavy, it might be some fun mouth smashing.

They are going to punish teams. Can't wait

It's going to be the 1st year Allen won't have to do everything 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Forlorn hope said:

They are going to punish teams. Can't wait

It's going to be the 1st year Allen won't have to do everything 

I tend to agree.

With the profile of athlete they have at O-line and the addition of Kromer plus the presence of 3 TEs and a fullback, I believe that McDermott's Neanderthal tendencies will emerge from the closet from time to time.

Hopefully he'll be wearing a loin cloth.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I understand people's reservations about McKenzie's ball security issues and the importance of ball security in general but when a guy can perform feats like this, I think you have to say "He's a wide receiver so catching shouldn't continue to be a problem and besides, he's a threat to break one every time he touches it."

• Like (+1) 1

Bernard. Very interesting.  There has been an assumption all along that we are going to roll out the same exact defense, and therefore nobody can find a role or need for Terrel.  Seeing as how we have listed 12 starters, it is clear that there are going to be some scheme changes this year.  Lots of 4-3, less of Taron.  Maybe a 50-50 split?  

I expect Bernard to be set loose as a blitzer, and I predict him as no lower than 3rd on the team in sacks.

• Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I understand people's reservations about McKenzie's ball security issues and the importance of ball security in general but when a guy can perform feats like this, I think you have to say "He's a wide receiver so catching shouldn't continue to be a problem and besides, he's a threat to break one every time he touches it."

He's really not though.

Last year he had one long one of 75 and that was it.  In 2020 it was 27 with a really bad average of 16 per.  In 2019 his long was only 24 on an average of 21. 

He's not much of a threat back there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I'm concerned about our CB situation.  The WRs on the Rams, Packers, Dolphins and Chiefs are formidable. Fins a little less because of Tua but nonetheless very good. Not as worried about Tenn, Pitt or Balt. Hopefully our new D- front can get to opposing QBs before their WRs break free. 

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.