Sal Capaccio tweets starters... Spencer Brown and more...

Sierra Foothills

• Sierra Foothills changed the title to Sal Capaccio tweets starters... Spencer Brown and more...

So I see Shakir is backup outside WR (good), the RB's appear to be in order of what down they'll be playing (lol) and rumors of the coaching staff being down on Elam were way off.  And good to see Brown back in the starting lineup, with Quess providing decent depth.

• Like (+1) 2

Not surprised about Elam starting nor am I surprised about Shakir or James Cook.

There are MANY here who believe that McKenzie is not fit to be the starting kick returner. I feel/felt he should be given another shot because his upside is pretty damn high.

I thought Spencer Brown would wait a few weeks behind Quessenberry before being named the starter.

Edited by Sierra Foothills
  • Agree 6

5 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Not surprised about Elam starting nor am I surprised about Shakir or James Cook.

There are MANY here who believe that McKenzie is not fit to be the starting kick returner. I feel/felt he should be given another shot because his upside is pretty damn high.

I thought Spencer Brown would wait a few weeks behind Quessenberry before being named the starter.

Couldn’t have said it better. So, I will let you take the glory of that statement.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CorkScrewHill said:

The thing that surprised me was Bernard leapfrogging Dodson. He had some plays, but I didn’t see him as better than Dodson at this point

That one IS a bit weird because Dodson is listed as the backup to both Edmunds and Milano whereas Bernard is the "starting Strong-side LB"... a position the Bills almost never use.

I think in the Bills system SLB is incrementally the next step up from big nickel (Siran Neal) because theoretically he'll be better vs the run and weaker vs the pass than Neal but at the same time undersized for a SLB (this was the position most recently filled by AJ Klein).

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

The thing that surprised me was Bernard leapfrogging Dodson. He had some plays, but I didn’t see him as better than Dodson at this point

That is inconsistent with what we have seen in pre-season. In all 3 LB sets Dodson was the first guy in. I still suspect that is the case.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Hopefully Browns pass blocking is a lot better this season. 

Because of his late-season struggles and injury-shortened offseason I was surprised to see him promoted for week one.

I guess the Bills are betting that Brown is better off being thrown into the fire than being eased in.

11 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Yolo posted in another thread. I thought it deserved its own topic.

Fair.

I guess some posters here will be relieved to see that Jake Kumerow isn't listed as the backup at outside WR behind Diggs and Davis

He's only listed as the backup WR behind Davis 😁

Surprises to me: 

Moss > Cook as RB2

Bernard listed as the starting SLB ahead of Dodson - I guess the team sees his pre-season performance differently than fans do

Cam Lewis listed as the backup NCB and Siran Neal listed as the backup outside CB 🤷‍♂️

Anyone explain that last to me, I'll be obliged

22 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

The only one of those many  who mattered was McD.....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.