Is Boston Media finally starting to sour on Bilicheat?

muppy

1 hour ago, benderbender said:

If he is/was such a great coach, why did he develop the most sophisticated practice spying system ever seen? Why were only his teams known league-wide for stealing playbooks? Why was his Super Bowl spying tape so egregious it had to be destroyed? Why did only his QB get caught manipulating balls? Why was only his team responsible for having substitutions/formations made illegal the next season? Why would his protégé Josh McDaniels be accused by his own players of doing the same cheating when he got his own head coaching position in Denver? Why can none of his coaching tree win without the cheating nectar and they always come back?

4 hours ago, billybob71 said:

Everyone wondering why he has two ex head coaches as his offensive assistants, my take is that if the year starts out badly he can resign (cut and run) and Patricia/ Judge become head coach and OC

These two are among the worst head coaches ever.  BB is not resigning & handing things over to either one of these incompetent boobs.  

The reason he brought them back is he likes them & knows he can push them around and they'll take it because they have no choice.  That's probably the main reason why he likes them. 

22 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

As long as Kraft is the owner, Belichick is more than likely safe. Krafty is probably too preoccupied with scouring strip malls across the country looking for his next 'rub and tug' to care. 

BB knows too much for Kraft to ever let him go involuntarily.  Also, Kraft knows too much for BB to ever go to another team.  Meanwhile, BB brings in "something north of $20 million/year."  They are stuck with each other until one of them checks out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

These two are among the worst head coaches ever.  BB is not resigning & handing things over to either one of these incompetent boobs.  

The reason he brought them back is he likes them & knows he can push them around and they'll take it because they have no choice.  That's probably the main reason why he likes them. 

Matt Patricia and Joe Judge asking Belichick for their jobs back...

alice in wonderland GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Never said they were good head coaches, don't have to be good to get a bad team through the rest of the year after BB quits, then they hire someone in offseason

Everything comes to an end. It's imo as hard as it is to admit the greatest dynasty in sports history for a myriad of reasons. 

Patriots fans are having a hard time coming back to reality. Like the hilarious comparison between Jones and Brady... It's like dude Mac may be a decent QB, but you're never going back to what you had. 

It's like Celtic fans thinking they could replace bird after he retired right away. 

It's insane to think like that 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billybob71 said:

Never said they were good head coaches, don't have to be good to get a bad team through the rest of the year after BB quits, then they hire someone in offseason

He's not quitting unless he has a fatal illness.  Do you know something his doctors are sworn to secrecy about?  

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, vincec said:

People make this more complicated than it is. Belichick is a very good coach. There are a lot of very good coaches in the NFL. Tom Brady is what made him great.

yup. also doesn't hurt that the three other teams in the division were paragons of ineptitude for 20 years.

On 9/3/2022 at 11:11 AM, muppy said:

I am quoting this thread and link from a bills copadre @MR8 

Very interesting read: 

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/08/...young-players/

shoot this is a paywall. Boo. Im sorry this is paywalled.  Thoughts?

I’m not sure their draft last year was even as good as it looked…there were more easy wins than ever on the afc east schedule last season.  

I think the dolphins and pats fans could be unpleasantly surprised this season with a tougher schedule.  We choked pretty hard during the regular season last year so i still think we’re gonna win more games than last year 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Like most GM’s, Belichick had his share of hits and misses.  It always seemed like NE had additional draft picks, so you might argue  he’s missed more than the average GM.  

Brady helped elevate an average cast of players on offense.  Once he left, NE saw how depleted their skills players were in 2020.  Rather than rebuild slowly they tried to overhaul the offense in an offseason and missed badly.  

Belichick’s strength has always been defense.  His drafting on defense is better and he seems to always find players he can plug in to become productive.   

1 hour ago, vincec said:

People make this more complicated than it is. Belichick is a very good coach. There are a lot of very good coaches in the NFL. Tom Brady is what made him great.

Great coach but I don’t think he’s even a good gm.  His whole philosophy seemed to rely on Brady carrying the weight of the offense with only role players to work with at the skill positions.  Seems like that has caught up to them 

• Thank you (+1) 1

How much of his decline is due to not being able to steal play calls anymore?

Every time I see fans praise Belichick or Brady, I cringe a bit. How can you cheat as much as they have, and still have any respect from other fanbases? I think it's ESPN/NBC/FOX brainwashing of fans. It's a constant feedback loop of "Brady is the GOAT" until fans start to regurgitate it. If the media treated Brady and Belichick with the permanent asterisks that they deserve, a lot less fans would place them so highly. 

Every time Brady turtles when he sees a DE near him I wince. That's the type of cowardice we place on a pedestal now? "It's smart! He can play longer". Whatever. He's a coward in my eyes. Do you know how many other QBs may have played until 45 if they believed they could play touch football in their later years? What's the fun in having the rules in your favor?

Every time I used a cheat code in a video game, I quickly lost interest in the game. How does Brady continue to have interest in the game after so much cheating? It all seems very sociopathic to me. And not in a Jordan sort of way. 

4 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Every time I used a cheat code in a video game, I quickly lost interest in the game. How does Brady continue to have interest in the game after so much cheating? It all seems very sociopathic to me. And not in a Jordan sort of way. 

So you've admitted to cheating in games more than once but you admonish and condemn Bradychick for cheating?

That's kind of funny to me.

5 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

Okay I give up.

What's the moral of the story?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.