Is Boston Media finally starting to sour on Bilicheat?

muppy

The BahStahn media will love this 

NFL power rankings Week 2: Cardinals, Bengals, Patriots, Packers plummet after Week 1 losses

25. New England Patriots (13) - Yes, that's a huge drop for New England, but the Patriots did not look good in a 20-7 loss to the Dolphins.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2022/09/12/nfl-power-rankings-week-2-buffalo-bills-kansas-city-chiefs/8064076001/

7 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

more fun NE news — Patriots owner Robert Kraft reportedly made it known he wants Kendrick Bourne playing.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/patriots-owner-robert-kraft-reportedly-220020455.html

😆 looks like Kraft is getting antsy 

Won't say it's a full on tire fire, but I'm beginning to detect smoke.

457242584_1140x641.jpg

I love how they laugh off Kraft interfering like that's a good or normal thing.

• Agree 1

On 9/5/2022 at 10:59 PM, JoeF said:

Thanks for sharing.  I had seen snippets of this but not the entire story.

Bum Phillips used to say that Don Shula could take his guys and beat your guys and also take your guys and beat his guys...I am not sure Belichick is in that category.  He is a brilliant coach and may go down as the greatest in history, particularly on Defense and Special Teams.  However, Tom Brady's work ethic, brains, accuracy and competitiveness/will to win was on equal footing to Belichick's brilliance to what made the Pats so great for so long.

Last year, the fact that the Pats made the playoffs, was probably one of his better coaching jobs.  This year, handing the offense to Matt Patricia and Joe Judge without McDaniels there is not a great recipe for success from an outsider's view.  The draft record is not even average.  Still, I wouldn't start shoveling dirt on the coffin just yet.....

Arians took all of Belichicks guys and beat him.  🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/5/2022 at 11:40 PM, Allen2Diggs said:

I won't believe the fall of the Patriots until I see it. They made the playoffs with a rookie qb and have a defensive mastermind as their head coach. I have heard this same story every preseason for the past decade. The Patriots are a threat as long as Bill Belichick is their coach.

Yeah.  The stars aligned with him playing crap teams, teams with all their stars injured that week, or a freak hurricane like wind game.  Good job but I dont buy into that. That team is garbage and so are the coaches outside of Belichick now that McDaniels isnt there to run the offense.

Edit: This is not to say he isnt a great coach but even he can only polish poop so much and it still becomes a turd.  The team is full of turds and he is responsible for that.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/5/2022 at 11:40 PM, Allen2Diggs said:

I won't believe the fall of the Patriots until I see it. They made the playoffs with a rookie qb and have a defensive mastermind as their head coach. I have heard this same story every preseason for the past decade. The Patriots are a threat as long as Bill Belichick is their coach.

Did you not see the game Sunday?

35 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

more fun NE news — Patriots owner Robert Kraft reportedly made it known he wants Kendrick Bourne playing.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/patriots-owner-robert-kraft-reportedly-220020455.html

😆 looks like Kraft is getting antsy 

That should go over well with Belicheat.  He'll be gone after the season, either by leaving on his own or being asked to leave.

Edited by Doc

On 9/3/2022 at 11:11 AM, muppy said:

I am quoting this thread and link from a bills copadre @MR8 

Very interesting read: 

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/08/...young-players/

shoot this is a paywall. Boo. Im sorry this is paywalled.  Thoughts?

my work truck is is in shop, and ive been driving a toyota truck -  relic with 320,000 miles, no power locks or windows, and Im stuck with radio.  Most radio is so awful IMO, nonstop commercials.  So I listen to Boston sports radio 103.7 and 98.5 several hours every day.  They have been very tough on Belichick.

preseason one idiot picked the Pats making playoffs with 11-5 record.  All 3 hosts picked Bills to lose in AFC championship game. 

After week 1-One host was talking about how scary Buffalo is.  And he thinks they might go 17-0.  total 180 lol.  The other two idiots were saying no way does Buffalo go 17-0.

They were trying to talk up Pats to Ty Law.  Ty said "are we watching the same Patriots?  They have a lot of problems!" lol

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.