Is Boston Media finally starting to sour on Bilicheat?

muppy

2 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

All you have to do to be the greatest coach ever is draft the best QB ever in the 6th round. What's so hard about that? Belicheat is a sub .500 coach without Tom Brady under center

To play devils advocate the Pats did go 10-5 without Brady in 2008, they were 3-1 without Brady the year he got suspended deflategate. And last year they were 10-7 with a rookie QB. 

So it isn’t like Billy B hasn’t had some success without Brady. That being said I think this season is going to be the measuring stick. Not that the Pats have to win it all but getting another playoff birth is huge to help dispel the Brady was the driver of success narrative. If the Pats go under .500 and miss the playoffs that narrative only strengthens.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Ideally, but at some point he's going to realize it's not worth it and/or more likely, Kraft will.  The atrocious drafting and development of players can't be overlooked and I have no doubt he sees what's going on in Tampa Bay.

Doc a man can dream.  Just punish long enough he has to retire in embarrassment.  He had enough fun with us for 20 years.  I’m a nice guy, but I have zero remorse, or sympathy for embarrassing him as much as possible until he’s pushed out.

I don’t Brady even remotely as I despise BB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

One of the only saving grace's of having to endure the Patriots reign over the Bills and the NFL as a whole has been the general disdain the Boston media has shown Belichick.    Sure he has his ball washers but a lot of the media was illogically critical of him when he was winning SB's.    I am all for very high standards but you win that many SB's and dominate the sport for the longest stretch ever I think I can overlook vague complaints about cheating or your clearly bad drafting etc.. 

Vague complaints? That’s a load of B/S,  They got caught repeatedly, over an extended period of time. Hell the HC directed multiple illegal filmings of his opponents over that same period of time, and then continued to do so afterwards, and was caught yet again, the QB who knowingly benefited crushed his phone to obstruct an investigation into his cheating, and you call that vague…,  the pats hold the distinction of being caught cheating more than any other team in NFL history.  

The Bills woes were of their own making during those days, we as fans just suffered through it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Paywalls suck? ;) 😆 

I think we have seen that it was more Tainted Tom and Belicheat (good coaching) 

Lets see what the old man Tammy  👴 does with the new HC Bowles

mmm 😋 🥓 🥓 

I just finished making 🥓 

Pretty sure Brady was the offensive coach from the day they turned their offense around mid 2020, with Bowles managing the defense. Arians was on chillax mode lol. So really their coaching staff didn't change in that regard. 

1 hour ago, muppy said:

I am quoting this thread and link from a bills copadre @MR8 

Very interesting read: 

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/08/...young-players/

shoot this is a paywall. Boo. Im sorry this is paywalled.  Thoughts?

The Boston media us like the classic hit "Turn Turn Turn"

Every year the Patriots are horrible, haven't done enough in the off season, Doomed (this is during the successful years)

Lose a few games and go 2-2 after 4: Doomed.  Then they win and are in contention and the Boston Media always knew that Belly Cheat was a Genius and the Patriots QB is the Best Ever

Compare and contrast early season coverage last season to mid season. 

Early season Belicheck was finally done and the Pats were a ***** show

Mid season Mac Jones was the greatest rookie QB ever and the Pats were unstoppable.

I expect media is the same everywhere but the Boston media seems to take it to an extreme

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

To play devils advocate the Pats did go 10-5 without Brady in 2008, they were 3-1 without Brady the year he got suspended deflategate. And last year they were 10-7 with a rookie QB. 

So it isn’t like Billy B hasn’t had some success without Brady. That being said I think this season is going to be the measuring stick. Not that the Pats have to win it all but getting another playoff birth is huge to help dispel the Brady was the driver of success narrative. If the Pats go under .500 and miss the playoffs that narrative only strengthens.

I disagree with this. Playoff berth is not enough. He needs to go deep in the playoffs without Brady. Lots of coaches are good enough to get to the playoffs but fall apart once they get there. I don't really see how barely squeaking into a wild card spot again is supposed to help his legacy. A deep playoff run will.

Edited by MafiaMio

4 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

All you have to do to be the greatest coach ever is draft the best QB ever in the 6th round. What's so hard about that? Belicheat is a sub .500 coach without Tom Brady under center

Imagine what he would be without the cheating

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Forlorn hope said:

Bellicheat is a good defensive mind. But it's the equivalent of getting off work and getting a slurpee at 711 and you buy the lottery ticket. He hit the mega millions in Brady and it changed everything for him. 

That's true with most head coaches. They're nothing special until a franchise QB lands in their lap & they ride that QB to fame & fortune.  Think of these guys without their QB:

Marv-Kelly

Belichick-Brady

Walsh-Montana

Shula-Marino, Griese

Grant-Tarkinton

J.Johnson-Aikman, Marino

Ewbank-Unitas, Namath

Landry-Staubach

Noll-Bradshaw

Dungy-P. Manning

Coughlin-E. Manning

Lombardi-Starr

Payton-Brees

Tomlin-Roethlisberger

Guys like Pete Carroll & Mike Shanahan were nothing before Wilson & Elway.  

Just imagine if the Bills had drafted Josh Rosen instead of Josh Allen.  McDermott would have been run out of town, and Brian Daboll would be an assistant coach in NE instead of head coach of the Giants.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MafiaMio said:

I disagree with this. Playoff berth is not enough. He needs to go deep in the playoffs without Brady. Lots of coaches are good enough to get to the playoffs but fall apart once they get there. I don't really see how barely squeaking into a wild card spot again is supposed to help his legacy. A deep playoff run will.

I think he needs a deep playoff run in the remaining years he has as a head coach. But this season if he just gets to the playoffs I think he quells the narrative for another season. But yes eventually he has to at least make a conference championship without Brady to really at least point to something of significance without Brady. A few one and done playoff appearances aren't going to be enough.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.