How are people betting Bills vs. Rams

Chaos

16 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I definitely see a Bills coming out party/statement game next Thu night.  Shock and awe campaign begins, the talk will be about how do you stop this team….

Been seeing the writing on the wall for months. This is a 89 49ers, *98 broncos, 96 Packers, 94 49ers type team. An all time team for one year. 

Edited by Forlorn hope
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Bills are 2.5 points favorites on the road against the defending Super Bowl champions.   Josh Allen over / under on passing plus rushing yards is 314.5  
The Bills will not be sneaking up on anyone  this year.  How do we all feel about betting on this game? 

LOL! I can’t Billieve that we’re the fav? Wtf is that? Vs. The Super Bowl champs? On the f-fen road? Across the whole freakin’ country?

Seems surreal to me…. Still missing Tre and starting a rookie and Dane Jackson? A rookie in his first game on a Thursday night vs. the SB champs? What an outrageous start! Kaiir Elam is going to make a name for himself one way or another. Is Cam going to play?

IDK? They all can’t be active….

We won’t see a line this crazy all year I don’t think….

I like the Bills +2.5….but minus?

is Allen going to go 5 TDs - no Ints?

We’ll see Thursday night….

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

Bills are 2.5 points favorites on the road against the defending Super Bowl champions.   Josh Allen over / under on passing plus rushing yards is 314.5  
The Bills will not be sneaking up on anyone  this year.  How do we all feel about betting on this game? 

oh God, hammer the over on that

As good as the Bills look to be, they are facing the Rams offense with two rookie cornerbacks.  The only way to protect them is with a monster pass rush, and as a matter of fact that might very well happen.  If the O line can contain Donald, the Bills should score score score.

I never bet but if I did I'd give the points and take the Bills.  

Like some others, I'm surprised the Bills are favored---and definately shocked that it's  by more than a point. I suppose if I was a neutral sports' betting type, I'd bet the Rams. 

With that said, I don't bet Bills game. PERIOD. Then again, I'm not a football/sports book better for the most part. If I have a pool where you pick every game, I always pick the Bills to win. I can't imagine the self torture if I lost because I picked against the Bills. Winning  a bit of cash can't save my soul!

Then again, I'm not really a gambler. I love the horses, but rarely bet if I'm not at the track.

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Just took out a Home Equity Line of Credit ($75,000). Funds available. Waiting for line to go to Bills - 8.5 and then going all in on Bills. If you guys have any gambling questions, just ask. 

I’m doing something similar but with credit cards. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I’d never bet in week 1 period.  Watch a few games as someone else stated and then can make an educated decision.  Think about the Steelers game last year.  We killed them the season before when they were 11/1 in the second half. Then they lit us up in the home opener.

I wouldn’t take either team as excited as I am for the Rams.  Too many variables.

10 hours ago, KzooMike said:

I have a van with no windows if you need ice cream

I do, make sure to bring the gag:wub:

9 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Just took out a Home Equity Line of Credit ($75,000). Funds available. Waiting for line to go to Bills - 8.5 and then going all in on Bills. If you guys have any gambling questions, just ask. 

Where do I get a 2nd mortgage?

• Haha (+1) 1

Again - the Rams have to be seething about being home dogs after winning the SB, and they happen to have the most fiery player in the whole league leading the charge and firing up the locker room.  Bills on the road with a new coach calling the offense - I think the Bills will have a magical season but I would not touch this one.

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’d never bet in week 1 period.  Watch a few games as someone else stated and then can make an educated decision.  Think about the Steelers game last year.  We killed them the season before when they were 11/1 in the second half. Then they lit us up in the home opener.

I wouldn’t take either team as excited as I am for the Rams.  Too many variables.

I was all over the Steelers getting 6 points in that one actually. To me that was close to a toss up game. That was one of my better calls last year so I disagree that you should avoid betting week 1 games. 

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Again - the Rams have to be seething about being home dogs after winning the SB, and they happen to have the most fiery player in the whole league leading the charge and firing up the locker room.  Bills on the road with a new coach calling the offense - I think the Bills will have a magical season but I would not touch this one.

Meh.....And then they have to go out and play the Bills.

Rams were losing the SB in the 4th Q to the 3rd best AFC team in the playoffs (scored only 92 points in 4 games vs Bills 83 in 2).  They squeaked by, didn't cover.

Even a healthy Stafford will be good for a few picks.  Miller will pulverize him.  

Bills, easy money.  The Josh bets are all looking tempting as well (score 2+ TD...+1200!).

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m seeing a lot of people betting Allen over rushing props. He’s run a lot, and effectively, in big games. This is a big game. 

That's a great point. Hammer Allen and the over on all rushing props in the postseason especially. One thing that we don't know yet for this regular season is how much Allen will be coached not to run. It seems like there have been quotes from Beane suggesting that they aren't going to run Allen until later in the season. Does that mean we don't see any called QB runs Thursday night? How much does Allen try to protect himself when he does scramble? 

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bills, easy money.  The Josh bets are all looking tempting as well (score 2+ TD...+1200!).

I wouldn't touch that one. Bills are going to try and not put Josh in harms way as much. They'll try and run it more with the backs closer to the goal line. I expect and hope his rushing numbers are down a lot this year. He should not be rushing for 700 yards on a season like last year. Moe like 400 -450. Take away most of the called runs. 

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You should always bet the NFL home team if the line is +2.5.  According to my best friend and meticulous sports bettor, it’s the magic number.  That said, I bet Bills money line. 

Not sure about straight up bet but +2.5 is the perfect number to tease. Tease up +1.5 to +2.5 and tease down -7.5 to -8.5

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.