How are people betting Bills vs. Rams

Chaos

Bills are 2.5 points favorites on the road against the defending Super Bowl champions.   Josh Allen over / under on passing plus rushing yards is 314.5  
The Bills will not be sneaking up on anyone  this year.  How do we all feel about betting on this game? 

I'm not touching it but I'm betting the Bills B team, AKA the NY Giants to lose by more than 5.5 at Tennessee.  The Giants are similar to the 2018 Bills except their QB of the future is in college, not a rookie yet.  They're in cap hell, devoid of a lot of talent.  The only way they keep it close is if Saquon has close to 200 yards total offense and keeps the ball away from Tennessee.  

• Agree 2

Yeah this one is a little tough here. Basically a pick em situation to me. I just wouldn't bet on this particular game and pass. 

2 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I'm not touching it but I'm betting the Bills B team, AKA the NY Giants to lose by more than 5.5 at Tennessee.  The Giants are similar to the 2018 Bills except their QB of the future is in college, not a rookie yet.  They're in cap hell, devoid of a lot of talent.  The only way they keep it close is if Saquon has close to 200 yards total offense and keeps the ball away from Tennessee.  

I'm with you man. If I'm betting I stay away from this one

• Agree 3

I'm a full timer. My take is the Rams are at somewhat peak value, just given the previous SB. A poor ATS record follows previous SB champions. Which should scream play on Buffalo, that said, we are favorites. I would venture to say, without looking, a road team playing AT the defending SB champion week 1 has been a favorite probably 1-2 times in the last 25 years. It's almost inconceivable. Bills are at peak market value without having exactly established that position. They have been slower to optimize over the past few years. I just see no value in a betting this game as a Bills fan and would much rather enjoy the game and lay my action elsewhere. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Over/under 314.5 total yards seems extremely low for Allen. I’d take the over.

if I do anything I would tease the rams to +8.5  but I am the type that often likes to bet against the Bills hoping to be wrong but if not at least I made a little money.

I like the Bills to win but could be close. If it is a blow out the Bills will be the victors is how I see it.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

I'm a full timer. My take is the Rams are at somewhat peak value, just given the previous SB. A poor ATS record follows previous SB champions. Which should scream play on Buffalo, that said, we are favorites. I would venture to say, without looking, a road team playing AT the defending SB champion week 1 has been a favorite probably 1-2 times in the last 25 years. It's almost inconceivable. Bills are at peak market value without having exactly established that position. They have been slower to optimize over the past few years. I just see no value in a betting this game as a Bills fan and would much rather enjoy the game and lay my action elsewhere. 

I don’t know why, but I trust this guy!

IMO the trends are mixed. I got BUF-1 at open which seemed pretty clearly designed to get action on Rams. Combo of Stafford's elbow and public buying the Bills pushed it down to -2.5 at current but they're holding over 75% handle on the spread and taking over 65% of bets so there's sharp money as well. Moneyline showing similar and this is only one of three games as of today that the books are overexposed both on the spread and ML, the other two being Saints/Falcons and Ravens/Jets...those predicted blowouts so I'm not loving that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.